Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

Fantastic stuff Mando! This is just what aircraft in Arma were needing. I've already spent a very happy couple of hours tank hunting with a Maverick armed A10. I've no idea how many hundreds/ thousands of hours that you've put into your various script packages, but it is definately much appreciated by the rest of us.

I'm afraid that, as for all geniuses, us lesser mortals always bring demands for more along with our praise. I've got two ideas/ dreams that I hope might inspire you to have a think about them :-

1. It strikes me that the mando-gun TV targetting system is more than half-way to a stabilised gun plus ballistic computer as found in modern MBT's. I've had a fiddle around putting a 360 degree gun on a stryker and it tracks targets perfectly, even whilst both vehicles are moving, including losing them when they go out of sight. If this could be adapted for use as the main targeting system for the in-game tanks it would be amazing. The major problem I would forsee would be getting the actual tank turret/ gun to follow the track of the targeting system.

2. Is there any hope that a helmet-mounted HUD/ targetting system could be simulated for AAM's. The reasons that I think it may be possible is that, firstly, the Bis A10 can recognise when a selected target is covered by the planes HUD ( it draws a green target box around it when it is in the HUD area, but not when it is outside. Secondly ICE's heli-HUD addon adds a rather useful HUD that follows the pilots line of sight rather than being static to the vehicle. Combined this in theory means that it should be possible to tell when the pilot is lookng at a target and allow them to select it and fire at it.

Hopefully you're scripts could be adapted in these directions and go even further to bringing Arma closer to reality.

Evil Weasel,

- The gun adapted for MBTs would seem a bit weird, as I see no way to animate a vehicle turret at will.

- The camera systems (without the camera itself) attached to the sight of the pilot is easy to implement as positionCameraToWorld gives you always where the pilot is looking at and also takes into account the already configured viewing limits, so that is in fact way easier to implement than the current camera mechanism. This might be an option for Mando Missile hud (which actually works with boresight lonking-on).

Mandoble,

I was thinking last night about the camera system you have in MMA. It should now be possible for someone to make an Apache Longbow (with the radar dish on top of the helicopter) and it function properly.

[TAO] Kremator

PS @colligpip - haven't uploaded anything to youtube yet as your versions are all great. What I am doing is to modify Evolution so that all aircraft/helis have the new MMA2.35beta - looking very good so far !

Bloody lovely work Mandoble

.... havent tested yet from the videos I have 1 question.

Arent JDAMs "free fall" bombs? If so, aren't they meant to arrive the target (well) AFTER the aircraft has passed overhead?

Gnat @ Oct. 18 2008,08:00)]Arent JDAMs "free fall" bombs? If so, aren't they meant to arrive the target (well) AFTER the aircraft has passed overhead?

Hey Gnat,

This is just a case of playing with the 'missile' settings. It's all configurable. You can even have a bomb arriving on target a day later smile_o.gif

We need to get these things into you ships asap smile_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

Wait few hours and you will see the C130 transformed into a deadly killing machine, JDAM example and new version of the beta.

Now Im looking for a decent and short (2~3 secs) ogg mono sound for IR missile acquisition tone. Hope some of you can help with this.

Some changes:

- Camera limits implemented, as well as camera centered angle relative to the vehicle direction.

- You may fire the gun even without having a lock.

- You can select the ammo type and sound for the gun.

- You dont need to keep the lock until missile impact for remote or aerial targets. So you may select another target or just close the camera and maneouver.

Gnat @ Oct. 18 2008,09:00)]Bloody lovely work Mandoble

.... havent tested yet from the videos I have 1 question.

Arent JDAMs "free fall" bombs? If so, aren't they meant to arrive the target (well) AFTER the aircraft has passed overhead?

The JDAM vid I posted was just a test I made and in no way endorsed by Mando.:-)

Mando here is a lock tone don't know if its any use to you. I dont know if its an actual IR lock tone I couldn't find one.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1208915....20375dd

I like it colligpip. Didn't Falcon4 have a great growling IR lockon tone ?

I'm looking for it now online (as I can't find my Falcon4 anywhere !wink_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

PS Mandoble - excellent work. I know that the Spectre will make a LOT of people happy (me included!wink_o.gif

Funnily enough that is from falcon 4 but i couldn't find the ir lock on tone that one  just says  launch.wav. I don't know what its for perhaps it is for IR lock on.

edit...

I found this its the IRlock on growl sound the other is a RWR launch tone.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1208987....20375dd

hang on you mean to say you have lost your copy of falcon 4 that is Sacrilege :-)

been happily lobbing JDAMs in my version of warfare today... great fun. Its nice when you see a formation of enemy inf from the air and drop a big one on them. cant wait for the spectre and mandos proper JDAM version.

Agree, loosing a copy of F4 should be punished with a mando gun session as the target tounge2.gif

Thanks Colligpip, will test these sounds now.

EDIT: That last sound is perfect biggrin_o.gif

hang on you mean to say you have lost your copy of falcon 4 that is Sacrilege :-)

Not lost ... just mislaid smile_o.gif

Have been using all the new 'toys' in Evolution and it's working well, except I cant get the sounds to work or HUD up (even the TOWs wont work !wink_o.gif. I have tried to merge RSCTitles and cfgSounds stuff together but there must be a conflict. May need a little help with that.

Still looking for Falcon4 ...... wink_o.gif

[TAO] Kremator

Second v2.35 beta available (AH1W_MMA235_B2.Intro.zip), check bottom of first post.

The beta is ready to test AH1-Z (for gunner), AV8B (GBU), A10 and USEC C130. You may change the default pilot's vehicle on the map from AH1Z to any of these to test their systems.

Some changes:

- Camera limits working.

- Added IR AA missile growling sound and ground target locked-on sounds.

- BIS LGBs can now be used too (as well as rockets in case you want to transform them into guided rockets).

- You may fire the gun also without a locked-on target.

- You may set sound, dispersion and ammo type for each gun.

- Included a delay between firing and firing as parameter.

- Added setups for AH1Z, AV8B (GBU), A10 and USEC C130 system into the init.sqf of the demo mission.

- Gun locks doesnt generate remote targets anymore.

- Added instructions and parameters and globals explanation to mando_missiles\tv\mando_missile_tv.sqf header.

OMFG !!!  You have just made a C130 SPECTRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Mandoble.  This is just amazing.  I have found the H gun VERY accurate but the L gun very inaccurate.  I wonder what the reason is for this?  I'll have a look at the code but I can't see it being different for each!

I am just about to go back and check the AV8B(GBU) and the A10.  

Oh one thing - when using this in a MP environment I wasn't able to see the rounds from the Gun Cam hitting the ground.... I take it that it must be run on the server and each individual client ?  Would that explain the problem?

Some videos for you all to see

C130 Spectre in action

AV8B(GBU) in action

A10 in action

Black Hawk in action (camera a little high)

You are  yay.gif (top banana)

[TAO] Kremator

PS just put the guns onto a UH60MG smile_o.gif

For next beta Mando Gun Lite accuracy has been greatly increased against moving targets even well below the firing aircraft.

mate that is absolutely awesome. really looking forward to another of your amazing releases.

any c130's you can recommend for it?

In page 22 of this thread you will find one recommended by Collgpip, this is the one I used for the video, its setup is already included in the demo mission, you only need to change the ah1z by that USEC C130.

Looking really good Mandoble. Accuracy has indeed been improved - well done !

What I'm having a little difficulty is squeezing it into Evolution - there seem to be conflicts in cfgSounds and in RscTitles. Any solutions to this (as I can't even hear my SAMs - *sniff*)

I hae included all the *.h files in description but it just isnt working.

[TAO] Kremator

Kremator...send me ur description.ext and i'll put it in for you then send it back smile_o.gif

not got a PM yet so i sent you one.If that fails i can post it somewhere else or here.... wink_o.gif

Hurrah! (and stupid me - I put the required bits in the WRONG places) It is now working beautifully.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to make all the rest of the players in game SEE the rounds that I am shooting !

Thanks again Spliff!

[TAO] Kremator

Kremator, probably you cannot. AFAIK tracer effects generated by BIS ammo is local, so the local player (the one who fires the gun) will see the effects, but the one that receives the damage will only hear the boom boom firing sound (no visual tracers there).

Damn, that's a shame.

Would be so great for others to 'see' the rounds flying through the air to target! Will they not even see the craters in the ground but only the detroyed vehicle etc ?

On last thing. How can I set the number of rounds fired by each weapon (I have the light gun (25mm), a heavy gun (40mm) and a very heavy gun (105mm))?

[TAO] Kremator

With your current and already obsolete version you cannot  tounge2.gif Wait till next open beta.

mando been doing a bit of testing of the LGB.. I have found that if you release over a certain speed about 450  you can blow yourself up smile_o.gif

Could you have some sort of warning that comes up if you are not in bomb drop limits would be good (dont worry too much if its not possible)...

still loving the scripts.

I have ported them into warfare having a blast. Its great being able to take out the enemy base in 3 or 4 bomb runs :-) Im bombing those stupid AI to bits mooha ha