Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Quite the opposite. The higher the louder...well, not for me but the sound was heard on greater distances.

Thanks ThePredator for your answer and you are certainly right.

Btw, that's a good new you add a laser designator to the cobra, more realistic for sure, I hope there is no conflict with actual cobra targetting mode.

As usually, I've got a useless question (sorry about that^^):

When do you expect to release new 44khz sounds? I know that's a lot of work and you get a life, so that does not matter if you can not answer.

Hard to say when it will be done...

There are too many things in beta state now...

Need a coder ASAP to solve some issues...but none contacted me.

However, I try to release some preview beta so I can collect some thoughts on the new features...

Update: Here is the Preview

Update 2: Preview of some nice in-game feature...

Preview

Still no coder with some free time to help me out with sqf scripting?

I could need some help...

Neg, but I thought I would express my gratitude for the new video. It sounds great!

Here you have a preview of the M1A1 in action with v0.15.

Original sounds but they sounds poor on startup because they are just pitched.

The turret sounds are missing seperate on/off/rotate sounds instead of one sound for everything.

Same for engines. start/idle/shutdown are needed for better environment.

Preview

Would this be possible to add the guidance for TOWS somehow? Even if it was a laser, would be cool to be able to controll it during flight.

They should've been manually controlled in ArmA in the first place, but somehow it does not work (bug).

This system will be used for the AT-5, though. This rocket is a laser-beam rider.

@Al Simmons:

I have some issues with the vehicle configs. For example: The M1A1 does not feature the remote machinegun but if I disable the inGunnerMayFire option, you have the same fake laser range finder as the shilka commander and BMP-2 commander. Where can I disable this behaviour?

What does "gunnerCanSee = 1+16+4+8;" do?

What are those numbers?

And what is the "irScanToEyeFactor" ?

Your new features sounds very very good. Keep it up!

M1a1 startup sound reminds me good old ofp sounds ^^.

Is that a cry we hear at 0:49?

Quote[/b] ]Is that a cry we hear at 0:49?

Indeed. The loader shouts "UP" if the new round is ready.

Here is a little video I made. Would be awesome to see this as authentic in ArmA as it is now in AAO.

Preview

Quote[/b] ]Is that a cry we hear at 0:49?

Indeed. The loader shouts "UP" if the new round is ready.

Here is a little video I made. Would be awesome to see this as authentic in ArmA as it is now in AAO.

Preview

Agreed, i love the way it works in Americas Army ( i think you were referring to that?) a lot of detail in it... I hope you can get this modded to be more realistic!

notworthy.gif

"What does "gunnerCanSee = 1+16+4+8;" do?"

after a quick google search, I found on this thread : http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....g_id%25

Basically, if you have these values :

#define CanSeeRadar 1

#define CanSeeEye 2

#define CanSeeOptics 4

#define CanSeeEar 8

#define CanSeeCompass 16

then gunnerCanSee = 1+16+4+8 means the gunner can see radar, compass, optics and ear

"And what is the "irScanToEyeFactor" ?"

Look here

Great mod by the way!

Thanks for the info.

If anyone could give me some hints on what I should change (besides the sound), I could look into that for the next release.

Remember that I can't model nor code, so the changes are more...subtle.

It's all about realism without compromise.

If I could I'd like to change the reticles for the optics of many vehicles to fit the proper real life systems.

Since I have no help other than those supporters, I can't do much. Sadly but true, I reached the limit of my possibilities with configs.

There's ONE change I would like to see next if possible...

It's the supersonic "crack" you get when a bullet passes nearby, because the one BI has made doesn't sound authentic at all to me , compared to the one on these videos, which sounds much better. It's a great site by the way, and this page comes from a very interesting article (best of tactical gaming).

If there was any way of getting the same sound as the one in the BF2 videos I think your mod would be complete smile_o.gif

Something like that?

Supersonic crack

Update: Just noticed I have the unedited sound in-game. You can hear the rifle report and it's range echo.

And I found out I am using the wrong M24 sound...this is so dumb, I can't believe it happened to me.

Yeah, strange, I was able to see the video just minutes ago and now it does not work...

One little thing... ACOG magnification in ARMA is too big. It is the same as binoculars. I think it will be better to change acog scope.

Yeah, done that already. Rarely used that, so I did not notice it had that magnification.

I hope they'll add the manual guidance for TOWs in 1.05...

If not - better laser than nothing imho. But we have to wait.

You can edit the AI btw and relase weapon&AI mod... wink_o.gif

Something like that?

Sonic crack video

Update: Just noticed I have the unedited sound in-game. You can hear the rifle report and it's range echo.

Video unavailable... smile_o.gif

yep... hard to imagine what that sound was like wink_o.gif

Sound much better to me...

Still not as "impressive" as the one in those videos I posted but better than the original. Nice work!

I talked to the creator. I got the sound file on my HDD...he uses a cracker detonation as a supersonic crack noise. I tried using a whip crack for that matter...but now he gave me a range recorded supersonic crack created by an actual bullet.

but now he gave me a range recorded supersonic crack created by an actual bullet.

Is that the one you used in that latest video?

he uses a cracker detonation as a supersonic crack noise.

Any chance of getting that sound? smile_o.gif