Sign in to follow this  
lt.chris

-{GOL}- Clan Now recruiting

23-4-08

Hello lads time for another update smile_o.gif

Its been getting pretty intresting as always in -{GOL}- recently as we have been getting an increase in multi-clan/public co-ops which have been very enjoyable and intense and amazing

Firstly Id like to thank all the individuals which regulary play on the server with us and we appreciate all of your support

our gallery always gets bigger with more and more pictures of these great games so feel free to check it out

Click on this

Secondly around the 20th of may we will be upgrading our dedicated server hardware to a much higher spec

This is what we are expecting to have at that time

Dell R200

Intel Quad Xeon 2.4Ghz

4GB of ram

250GB hdd

if you ask me thats a nice little beast of a server  wink_o.gif

addtional information will be in the upcomming newsletter at the end of the month

thats all gents

goodnight.gif

4-5-08

hello lads new update

the -{GOL}- newsletter may issue is now released containing information of whats happened during the last month and what exciting things are being planned this month as well smile_o.gif

Here it is

Click to view

Hope you enjoy

(sorry about the delay)

5-5-08

Hello laides and gents

-{GOL}- has now got 2 newsletters in circulation to bring publics up-to-date of whats happening within the clan

from what the clan sees the newsletters are good but what do you all think of them?

any improvements?

any suggestions?

If you can think of something and wish to say anything please register to the clan's fourms and post your feedback into this topic

Here

Thanks to anyone who posts smile_o.gif

11-5-08

Hey lads

-{GOL}- clan successfully took part in a large joint co-op last night we lasted several hours as these many clans joined hands and worked together to complete the objectives which were set and i happly like to say we all did very well

I would also publicly like to thank all the clans involved on that day

ACS

9th infantry

Sealz

An AAR (after action report) will be placed on the next newsletter issue at the end of the month

once again thanks guys it was a great game smile_o.gif

19-5-08

hey lads

we are happly now annoucing that our server upgrade is inbound and is going to begin around the 23rd May

The following specfication is what we are upgrading to

Quad Core Intel Xeon X3353, 4 x 2.66GHz, 12MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB, 45nm technology (Yorkfield Core).

4GB (2x2GB Dual Rank DIMMs) 667MHz

Sata2 160GB 16MB cache hard drive

When the upgrading is underway we can expect all major -{GOL}- operations down for hopefully just the one day

we will have a temporary Teamspeak setup for this day so we can maintain communications on that day and that information will be given closer to the date

If you ask me laides and gents this is something to be looking forward to smile_o.gif

thats all for now

22-5-08

hello lads

yeserday -{GOL}- updated to the new 1.4 patch and we have already seen alot of publics enjoying the experiences that we provide

we also like the welcome everyone who stayed behind on the last offcial patch and we are looking forward to work with you guys on the field

thanks for comming ....... and keep comming smile_o.gif

The new and improved GOL server has being delivered to the data center, and we hope our server provider can set it up as soon as possible.

NEW Server Specs

Quad Core Intel Xeon X3353, 4 x 2.66GHz, 12MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB, 45nm technology (Yorkfield Core).

4GB (2x2GB Dual Rank DIMMs) 667MHz

Sata2 160GB 16MB cache hard drive

For those who are a bit confused, it means the server will be flippin' fast. Our current server could run 2 ArmA servers with little lag if both was busy or large games, so the new one should hopefully have no problems doing this. This will also prepare us for ArmA 2 when it is released.

It may be until tomorrow before we can being transferring the data, however maintenance could start today. It depends when the Server Provider let us know our server is ready and provide the details.

The plan is to turn off most of the GOL server features during the transfering process.

Firstly the forum will be turned offline, along with the website. If you try and visit the website or forum and get a Connection Error or similar, this is because we have started to backup and transfer the website. We will also be shutting down the ArmA Game Server, and then the Teamspeak server. We will however have a temporary Teamspeak up for people willing to still use Teamspeak. This is available at the following address: ts2.hosting4network.co.uk:8767 - You will need to join as a guest for now, as the login information is not available on the temporary server.

Most of the GOL server will be offline and unavailable for a few hours. Unfortunately we cannot set an exact time (or date even) as to when we will start to begin transferring. As an estimate I would say it could be tomorrow evening, however our Server Provider may take longer to set everything up on their side of it all.

Fingers crossed, everything will go smoothly and the server returns back to normal as soon as possible. We will first setup the website and forum and ensure it is running smoothly. We will then begin to start up Teamspeak again. Old login details should remain the same. Finally the Game Server will be setup. We will be start the ArmA Server with only a few missions but will be transferring the ones currently on this server at the same time.

If you have any questions or queries regarding the transfer, feel free to PM me (JasonO or Me) or post on the forum smile.gif

Update: We found out from our Server Provider that we cannot have our server yet, until they have completed setting it up and doing stress tests. It could be up to another week before we get hold of the almighty machine. However, the above will apply when the time comes. We will keep everyone updated on what is going on in our news section. Keep your eyes peeled!

This information was from Friday smile_o.gif

Regards Lt.Chris

<span id='ME'><center>-{GOL}- Clan | www.gol-clan.net</center></span>

03-June-2008

It has taken longer than we expected but now the new server has now become available to us. The server transfer is now underway, as you may have noticed all our servers and website/forums is down for the purpose of making the server transfer easier and smoother.

Members of GOL are working as fast as they can to reduce the amount of downtime but we ask for every one's patience while we get this down as fast as possible and we hope you will enjoy the soon revamped GOL Clan Experience. I will make one more post when the server is up and running and even to most GOL members there is a big surprise awaiting them when the new server goes online with everything, on another note all the GOL addons and missions on the server will be getting a make over and its like a fresh start for us and everyone has been waiting for this moment.

We also have been getting around 2 members a week applying to be in GOL and that is a lot I must say so thanks everyone.

We are GOL - Utrinque Paratus - Ready For Anything

<span id='ME'><center>-{GOL}- Clan | www.gol-clan.net</center></span>

09-6-08

hello lads

firstly the newsletter for this month has been delayed due unexpcted issues and we hope to try and gt it out as soon as we can despite the large lateness of it

secondly Its been a good ammount of time since we got the new server and its been performing extremly well and its defnetly had its share of intense action of maps such as warfare its been able to run a warfare game with 50+ players without any performance problems whatsoever thumbs-up.gif this is also been followed up by good comments from random people of the armed assault community such as "This is the best server ive come across so far" or "This is defnetly the best server to come to"

We would like to thank everyone who keeps comming and i hope your enjoying the improved GOL experience,

ok gents i bealive thats everything for today see you all around smile_o.gif

17-06-08

Evening laides and gents I now bring you all another update

As many of you may have noticed our website has been going though alot of changes such as including server montiors complete with display of the names of the players currently on the server with their scores thumbs-up.gif

Second part of the update is we are currently preparing for another joint co-op with our good friends from the Kellys Heros Clan and we are very looking forward to this next game which will be another amung many which we have done with this group

Thats all for now gents smile_o.gif

27-6-08

Hello lads

On June 24th our planned joint co-op with the Kelly Heros clan went very very well and we thank Kelly Heros for their apparence and we hope to do more Joint Co-Ops in the future

More information on the mission itslef will hopefully be in the next upcomming newsletter

If any other clans are intrested in playing along with us then please dont hesitate to drop into our fourms and post smile_o.gif

thanks all

1-6-08

Hey there

-{GOL}- after following the Kelly Heros Joint co-op is now intrested in now attempting to organise another joint co-op with mutiple clans involved (we are looking for maybe 4-5 clans)

If you are intrested in this idea please drop a post in the -{GOL}- fourms and we can start to organise what we can do to make this a great game for all involved

Cheers

3-6-08

Hey lads

Due to the non-stop expanding of the clan we have finally decided to make a new Division avalible within GOL named the Armoured & Logistics Corp which is dedicated tol handle supplies as well as supporting in missions with such as tanks and other similar pieces of equipment

Its still not too late aswell to join up so if you are intrested please check out the website which is www.gol-clan.net

thanks smile_o.gif

07-06-08

hey everyone

The co-ops we have played alongside countless numbers of publics have been continuing for many months now and we thank everyone which comes and enjoys what we do and likes to get involved

Now we are open to suggestions on how YOU think what we could do which could make it even more amazing than it already is

Please drop a comment on the shoutbox or make a post on the fourms with your feedback (maybe postive and negative?)

Thanks smile_o.gif

hey lads got something new to tell you all smile_o.gif

-{GOL}- has started a brand new dynamic co-op campign which is 100% co-op mission based and complete with storyline and based off the actions and events in the following mission decides what happens and the objectives in next mission

Mission 2 has already been played out with -{GOL}- Forces assaulting Obreagan and the hostile forces around it and in rescuing a shot down -{GOL}- Pilot who was shot down in Mission 1

The mission ended up in -{GOL}- having to wirthdraw but all enermy forces which were encounted were destroyed within the 3 hour intense firefight with minor losses

Its not too late to join -{GOL}- before the campign gets even better so dont hesitate and join now

www.gol-clan.net

You can also view the -{GOL}- fourms where a section for the campign is also there for all to see  Here

see you around smile_o.gif

26-7-08

At this time ladies and gents we have discovered that our recruitment system is no longer working and reciving any of the applications which get sent to our application database and so any applications which have been sent im afaird have failed to reach us, this has not effected anything else so no need to worry

How could something like this happen?

Im not too sure at this time but it could be related to the recent domain tranfer which we have had to improve and let us be able to get some other of the website functions working but however this may not be the issue but we will find out soon enough

But I have already applied

At this time I cannot say if we will get the applications you may have submitted while this problem is happening but if you could for us is to please post on our fourms your e-mail and I will contact you as soon as I can

we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this and we hope to be back online as soon as possible

regards

Lt.Chris

Update: You can now apply as normal using the online Application form which have been re-directed to my own e-mail for the time being

We just recived a pile of footage filmed by Matt Rochelle of how things looked like in Mission one of the Operation Devils Sword campaign

Mission one footage

All footage was taken from the official operation by -{GOL}- forces with matt as a civi unit to be able to get the footage without being fired on smile_o.gif

11-8-08

Hey lads time for an update

I usually dont post news about new members but Ive decided to do so to add abit more to the updates

Firstly we like to welcome DNA to the sqaud after passing his 2 week recruitment period and did very well

We also like to annouce that the -{GOL}- addon pack has also been updated recerntly and you can get this though yoma addon synchronizer

As usual if you are thinking about appling then dont hesitate to join and ask some questions

TSIP: www.gol-clan.net

pass: daimbar

thats all for now lads see you later

15-08-08

Hey lads just a small quick update regarding the recruitment system

Quote[/b] ]Dear All,

Our Recruitment System is now working as per normal again, meaning you can fill in an application to join -{GOL}- as normal by clicking 'Join' at the top of the page.

Kind Regards,

-{GOL}- Administration Team

(copied from the -{GOL}- news section)

Thats all for now guys smile_o.gif

You have actually told us this peice of information several posts back.

Also, it has not gone unnoticed that your constant posting is bare minimum in fact posts are frankly worthless in terms of informing prospective members and members of the community about what goes on at GOL.

You may well be ahering to rules they your posts are certainly not in the spirit that the rules were set. I am sure you are very aware that when we ask that you post informative posts about what your group is doing, a quick note to say person X has joined is frankly not acceptable.

If you persist in posting such poor, yet criteria matching posts I will deem it to be nothing more than thread bumping and will lock the thread.

You have been warned.

You may well be ahering to rules

Then there is no problem?

<span id='ME'><center>Matt Rochelle -{GOL}- Clan   | www.gol-clan.net</center></span>

News:

There has been a lot going on inside -{GOL}- at the moment. We had had over the past month about 6 new recruits into the clan and they just keep coming. Our clan is getting bigger and stronger every month so well done to us.

We have a new selection of -{GOL}- Recruitment Videos for you guys to watch:

Video One

Video Two

Video Three

Video Four

VIDEO: ArmA - GOL Clan - Random Footage #1

VIDEO: ArmA - GOL Clan - Monday

Plus a lot more to come.

In other news, there is a rumour of a 10 Clan joint co-op which is in the planning, when i get more information about this it will be posted. But it will be the biggest cooperation between clans/sqauds in any game i reckon.. who knows.. so were all looking forward to this one.

We also have updated a load of our addons on our server which you can update though 'Yomas Addon Sync' The link will be posted below.

We have a lot of missions on our server which require these addons and with the public turnouts we get we hope you guys can join us too.

Yomas Addon Sync Link For -{GOL}- Clan

http://www.gol-clan.net/downloads/updater

http://www.yomatools.be/

http://www.gol-clan.net/

<span id='ME'><center>Matt Rochelle -{GOL}- Clan  | www.gol-clan.net</center></span>

Quote[/b] ]Hello Matt,

I just looked at your videos and I appreciate much the first and forth ones.

Very immersive, showing a tactical gameplay, nice deployment, good comms... impressive.

I will be looking for more videos from your own...

Now, my question: is it possible to get a link to the addons pack required to join GOL server ?

I read you are using a tool to get/update addons, but I never use such softwares or executables.

I prefer to keep on the good old method: download a @GOL zip file, unzipped and installed myself into main ArmA directory...

Is it still possible ?

Cordialy,

Andre.

Hello andre

Im afaird its not possible to download the GOL pack manually anymore as we have switched to using Yoma Addon Synchronizer becuase its become so much easier to use that software and to make sure everyone is up-to-date regarding addons we use

So what do I need to do?

First of all you need to download yoma addon sync which can be found on yoma's website http://www.yomatools.be/

Once you have done that all you have to do then is just then place the address of our mod link which can be found on the list of other clans which use this software as wellHere

Once you have done all of this correctly the mod should appear in the grey box below and all you have to do then is double click and it will automaticly move you to the synchronize tab and run the mod check and then give you the result (which would be that you dont have any of the addons in the right place) so all you have to do then is make sure all the addons are ticked and then click the "download files" button and it will begin to download all the addons in the GOL mod and then once this is done you can then click on the "launch game" tab and click which mods you want to run and then click on the "launch arma" button and your away smile_o.gif

If ive missed anything or spelled anything wrong my aplogies, hope this helps you and thank you for your intrest thumbs-up.gif

10-11-08

Hello lads long time no update

-{GOL}- has successfully finshed its storyline based campaign which has been happening for a number of weeks which has come to a successful ending with the invasion of  bangango to finally end the war against the SLA, there is plans next year for a second campaign but we are not going present any information at this time  

In other news

-{GOL}- has been making some adjustments to the -{GOL}- mod pack which can be downloaded on yoma addon synchronizer with certain addons to allow us to edit some of our current missions and some brand new missions with the new tools which are available and just on another quick note yes even now we are still recruiting so feel free to check out the clan as usual  at www.gol-clan.net

Thats all lads  smile_o.gif

01 December 2008

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

This christmas, -{GOL}- is holding a very special event allowing everyone to showcase their many talents. We welcome all applications whether your a full member or not. Cpl Toasted Duckie has kindly offered to fund the prize for this competition. A copy of Armed Assault 2 when it is released!

Quote from Duckie

Quote[/b] ]Heres your assignment soldier.

"Create a piece that you think reflect GOL in the best way"

Make some cool screenshots, compose a movie, make a mission, write a script and get some buddies online, use TS and fraps to make a story. Hell, saw together a GOL Puppet of your favorite GOL member, take a picture and send it in! Be creative, be different, be GOL!

Rules:

1. One submission per person (so make it good)

2. Picture size limit 1024x768

3. Videos no longer than 10 minuites

The submissions deadline is the 21st of December.

All submissions must be sent via PM to me or my e-mail chris_riffat@hotmail.com

Also on a side note to see what GOL is like here is a little teaser video JasonO put togther of last nights Op.

GOL CLAN IN ACTION Youtube