Sign in to follow this  
Maximus_G

NATO 5.56 ammo clips

I've read that NATO 5.56 ammo magazines are standardized: so, for example, you could put M-16 ammo clip into G36 and vice versa, and so on. This includes 30-round, 20-round magazines and others too. Is it true? If so, we have an issue to correct in the Game.

They forgot to make an animation where you take the rounds from the M16 mag and insert them in the G36 one crazy_o.gif .

Puleez not another one!

The round is the same, the mags are different. The game does not simulate loading rounds into magazines.

--Ben

The round is the same, the mags are different.

They are not just different - they are interchangeable. That's the question.

you cant use an m16 magazine in a g36 without a special adapter. but, NATO STANAG mags work in SA80, M16, Famas (i think), the italian beretta (the rifle not the pistol but cant remember the name at the mo!wink_o.gif and quite a lot of other weapons

bootneckofficer

And always remember:

THIS is a clip:

comparison.jpg

and THIS is a (or rather three) magazine:

Ramki.jpg

And always remember:

THIS is a clip:

and THIS is a (or rather three) magazine:

a SMG magazine or a pistol magazine is also a clip.  icon_rolleyes.gif don't be so nitpicky.

if you realy want to be nitpicky, the 5.56 ammo in an SA80 is different from the US 5.56 grade ammo, dispite the magazines being interchangeable.

if you realy want to be nitpicky, the 5.56 ammo in an SA80 is  different from the US 5.56 grade ammo, dispite the magazines being interchangeable.

which is irrelevant as their is not SA-80 in the game.

but how is it different anyway?

I can't see how this

31_0.JPG

will fit like that

Magazin_30er_Kopie.gif

you cant use an m16 magazine in a g36 without a special adapter. but, NATO STANAG mags work in SA80, M16, Famas (i think), the italian beretta (the rifle not the pistol but cant remember the name at the mo!wink_o.gif and quite a lot of other weapons

bootneckofficer

Thanks!

a SMG magazine or a pistol magazine is also a clip.  icon_rolleyes.gif don't be so nitpicky.

No they aren't; magazines have springs in them, clips do not.

You should only use the word "clip" for stripper clips, chargers

or en-bloc clips. Being careful to use the correct

terminology is not "nitpicky".

No they aren't; magazines have springs in them, clips do not.

You should only use the word "clip" for stripper clips, chargers

or en-bloc clips. Being careful to use the correct

terminology is not "nitpicky".

this may be correct terminology and all, but i've come across it a million times; "SMG with a 30 round clip", "load a clip in the pistol" etc. correct or not, it's not entirely wrong either, plus it's common lingo. wink_o.gif

You've come across it a million times because most people are ignorant of the difference and think the terms are interchangeable.

The game is pretty good about magazine compatibility with Stanag mags working in the m-16, m-4, SPR, and M249 SAW

You've come across it a million times because most people are ignorant of the difference and think the terms are interchangeable.

yeah, yeah, i know. but as a matter of fact the terms have become interchangeable. if i tell you the MP-5 has a 30 round clip you know exactly what i mean. i've also heard (or read) military guys use the word clip for magazine, probably because it's shorter.

mag is even shorter  whistle.gif

true. but hardly ever do i see people use mag/magazine i connection with SMGs and pistols. i think clip has been used in that way for at least the last 20 years.

You're only allowed to use 'clip' if you're a gangbanger offing a snitch or five-oh. If you want to be taken serious, use the correct terms.

Now that the terminology anf off-topic quotas have both been filled for the rest of 2007, how about we get back on topic, and discuss the interchangability of STANAG/G36 amagzines, and not the term clip/magazine etc.

Putting a M16 or M4 mag into a G36 means we need a patch that gives you a command for removing rounds from one mag and putting them into an empty G36 mag. Which in real life you would run upto a mag on the ground grab it and empty it out into something when you have time it's important in warfare to share ammo. need a patch to make the game work first though.

As for Mags or clips every american film theirs a guy shouting I need a clip for his pistol or smg, so what let them call mags clips your all calling Armed Assault ArmA  arn't you.

Maybe all the Vietnam vetrans are wrong calling the place they faught in the Bush and the enemy Charlie.

Mags clips so what were talking about bullets and Arma so talk about the topic.

ArmA's weapons work on a magazine basis, not ammunition basis (there's no need to go that far, save it for Game 2). Besides transfering ammo from one mag to another would be too time consuming in combat.

And like everyone else said the term clip is wrong so stop using it (it makes you sound like an idiot).

How often would the player actually do this though?

I've had this issue trying to feed my SPR with a 30-round stanag *MAGAZINE*. That happened during an online session, our ammo boxes were almost wasted, there were no 20-round MAGS. It happened just once, but i rarely use Mk12 SPR.

I've tried it yesterday again, and it went OK. Don't know, maybe it has changed since 1.02, or there was a local lag-bug or something.

It's not a rare thing to see the ammo stores depleted when there are many players and the mission has been running long enough.

---

If there's a need for a special adapter to use a stanag magazine in G36, then maybe all the game changes needed to implement it are just not worth it.