Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Mod Reloaded, Public Beta Release

@SNK:

Solus did change a lot of the particles effects for ArmA one of the changes is the higher, thicker and blacker smoke. Also he made it so that not all vehicles will explode most of the time one will only explode when shot at the engine and then destroyed

Don't know for sure if you can get this too, with what is included in 6th sense mod, but he also made bullet impacts on buildings and lots of other stuff.

There is even an config which allows most of the SLX effects being used in MP smile_o.gif it is just to bad Solus does not respond to any off my latest PM's for the last month.

He is adding lots more to arma but I have no idea how far the current status is sad_o.gif

Other great effect is that you can get your weapon shot out of your hands, the AI will not shoot you when unarmed but you must be quick to survive while picking up your gun again.

*PLEASE DELETE THIS POST*

and the one before tounge2.gif

@mod

will the final mod one big addon, or will it be possible to download

- AI enhancements

- Effekts

- Additional Units

as separate addons?

it might be better if at least the unit/vehicle addons are separated, so people only need to download what is required for the specific mission they want to play

QuietMan

*PLEASE DELETE THIS POST*

and the one before  tounge2.gif

@mod

will the final mod one big addon, or will it be possible to download

- AI enhancements

- Effekts

- Additional Units

as separate addons?

it might be better if at least the unit/vehicle addons are separated, so people only need to download what is required for the specific mission they want to play

QuietMan

The final mod will be available as a base package, and modules to hook into different Era's and Camo's... But these modules will feature Vehicles, Soldiers, Weapons  and who knows maybe Islands.. So not seperate downloads for everything, It would undermind the purpose of the mod smile_o.gif

I do not intend to distribute another way. The Mod is made for MultiPlayer Communities. If you wish to use some camo, some vehicle, some this, some that,  you are welcome to download the original Addons which are used in this mod smile_o.gif

For all ppl that installed v0.55setup, updated and had an error about missing SIX_usersettings2.hpp, please follow the following steps:

This Wiki FAQ Link

Sorry for the Inconveinence!

@all

Well look's like i was telling wrong things with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Okay in your ArmA directory create a folder called "@SLX" in this folder create a folder called "addOns" now put all 3 SLX SLX_Init_GL3.pbo from the 6thSenseMod ( SLX_GL3.pbo, SLX_Wounds.pbo, SLX_Clouds.pbo ) in your new createt @SLX/addOns folder.

So next step unPbo the file "SLX_GL3.pbo" for remember in the directory @SLX\addOns\SLX_GL3.pbo

After the file is extracted you have a new folder called "SLX_GL3" there you can find a file called "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" okay copy that file and put it to the root SLX addOn folder ( @SLX\addOns\ ) put it in there.

So now you have in @SLX\addOns : SLX_GL3.pbo, SLX_Wounds.pbo, SLX_Clouds.pbo and SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf

Okay if you now create a mission use in the SLX GroupLink trigger: On Activated:

{[_x] exec "SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs"} ForEach thislist

I downloaded the original SLX Mod and there i saw Solus did it that way but in the Original SLX_Init_GL3.sqs it look's like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>[b]Code Sample[/b] </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((_this select 0) in SLX_Units)then{exit}

; Start Group Link 3

~random 0.01

SLX_Null=format["%1",_nullstring];

If(format[{%1},SLX_GL3_Path]==SLX_Null)then{call preprocessFile {..\@SLX\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf}};

If(format[{%1},SLX_GL3_Path]==SLX_Null)then{call preprocessFile {\SLX_GL3\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf}};

@(format[{%1},SLX_GL3_Path]!=SLX_Null)||_time > 1

if((SLX_GL3_Path)=={})then{exit};

if(format[{%1},SLX_Groups]==SLX_Null)then{SLX_Units=[];SLX_Groups=[];SLX_Init_GL3=loadfile (SLX_GL3_path+{SLX_Init_Unit.sqf});[] exec (SLX_GL3_path+{GroupLink3.sqs})};

if!(group (_this select 0) in SLX_Groups)then{[group (_this select 0)] exec (SLX_GL3_path+{SLX_Init_Group.sqs})};

if!((_this select 0) in SLX_Units)then{[(_this select 0)] call SLX_Init_GL3};

exit

and in the SLX_Init_GL3.sqs of 6thSense Mod it look's like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>[b]Code Sample[/b] </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((_this select 0) in SLX_Units)then{exit}

;Start Group Link 3

~random 0.01

SLX_Null=format["%1",_nullstring];

;If(format["%1",SLX_GL3_Path]==SLX_Null)then{[] execvm "..\@SLX\addOns\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf"};

;If(format["%1",SLX_GL3_Path]==SLX_Null)then{[] execvm "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf"};

;If(format["%1",SLX_GL3_Path]==SLX_Null)then{call compile LoadFile "..\@SLX\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf"};

If(format["%1",SLX_GL3_Path]==SLX_Null)then{[] execvm "SLX_GL3\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf"};

@(format["%1",SLX_GL3_Path]!=SLX_Null)||_time>1

If(format["%1",SLX_GL3_Path]==SLX_Null)then{[] execvm "\SLX_GL3\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf"};

@(format["%1",SLX_GL3_Path]!=SLX_Null)||_time>1

if((SLX_GL3_Path)=="")then{exit};

if(format["%1",SLX_Groups]==SLX_Null)then{SLX_Units=[];SLX_Groups=[];SLX_Init_GL3=compile preprocessFile (SLX_GL3_path+"SLX_Init_Unit.sqf");[] exec (SLX_GL3_path+"GroupLink3.sqs")};

if!(group (_this select 0) in SLX_Groups)then{[group (_this select 0)] exec (SLX_GL3_path+"SLX_Init_Group.sqs")};

if!((_this select 0) in SLX_Units)then{[(_this select 0)] call SLX_Init_GL3};

exit

So in the original SLX there is alway's first checked the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in the directory "..\@SLX\addOns\SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" and in 6thSense Mod this is disabled by ";"

So if you like to change the settings in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf you always have to unPbo the SLX_GL3.pbo change the settings in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf and createPbo SLX_GL3.pbo confused_o.gif

Maybee this can be fixed in the next release too. smile_o.gif

@Sickboy

Thank's for the markers.sqf Script i just started with .sqf so i don't have the whole knowledge about how to do this correctly. whistle.gif

So if you like to change the settings in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf you always have to unPbo the SLX_GL3.pbo change the settings in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf and createPbo SLX_GL3.pbo  confused_o.gif

Maybee this can be fixed in the next release too.  smile_o.gif

@Sickboy

Thank's for the markers.sqf Script i just started with .sqf so i don't have the whole knowledge about how to do this correctly.  whistle.gif

GL3: There is nothing to be fixed, the current setup is by design, until I am ready for implementation throughout the Mod.

Remember btw, if you change anything in 6thSenseMod (repboing addons etc) you will have to reinstall ur whole Mod when you wish to upgrade to latest version smile_o.gif

Marker Script: NP, everyone has to learn

okay I just thougt you made it this way becouse it's easyer to code.

But like you know biggrin_o.gif I have not much clue about this .sqs and .sqf stuff i'm just trying thing's till it works.

Well i do not use it from 6thSense Mod i have just copyed the SLX stuff to a seperate Mod Folder becouse if i like to play ( Test ) with someone the GL3 script he has to dl the whole 6thSense Mod just to get the GL3 Scrip.

Okay just trying to get SLX_Wounds working biggrin_o.gif

Create a trigger 50000 x 5000

Activated by: Any

On Activated Original: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x addEventHandler [{Dammaged},{[_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2] exec (SLX_Wounds_Path+{SLX_Wounds.sqs})}]} foreach thislist

I tryed with On Activated: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{[_x] addEventHandler ["Dammaged",["_this select 0","_this select 1","_this select 2"] exec "\SLX_Wounds\SLX_Wounds.sqs"]} foreach thislist

Well now at the beginning of the Mission i get an error message... is it becouse of the not supportet Script or did i do something wrong with the On Activated line?

But i think it's becouse of the SLX_Wounds.sqs Script becouse it gives me an error with <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?_hitpart in ["telo","hlava","nohy","Head","Body","Legs"]&&_partdmg>0.5&&_dmg>SLX_Wounded:goto "wounded" and that's part of SLX_Wounds.sqs

@snkman

Thanks for trying to get SLX working in ARMA- I think a lot of people are waiting for this. I'm a little confused- to get basic GL3 working in editor missions do you just create the'SLX/addons' folder, dump the 3 pbo's or do you have to do more to activate them?

Ok it's enough now guys...

I let you guys abuse my Thread for a lot of off-topic banter, but now it's getting annoying to Receive an e-mail only to read something that I'm not going to answer anyway.

SNKMan: Thanks for the Efforts and the Demo Mission.

Rest: Please take it up in Private Message or dedicated forum thread, maybe SNKMan can simply put it inside a zip/rar and whole problem resolved.

When I am ready to further experiment and implement the GL3, you all will be the first to know smile_o.gif

Thank you for your understandings  thumbs-up.gif

Any Comment on the Mod is of coarse Highly Appreciated.

v0.59 update available:

- Updated the FOV and Zooms to Accomodate for discussed issues

- Updated Weapons Dispersion, AICoef and Engagement Ranges

- Added BMD-1 for SLA, by MechaStalin

Anyone who installed the Mod Update v0.59 before 01:30 CET will have to follow these steps:

- Make sure everything of ArmA is shutdown

- Go to start, control panel, add/remove programs

- Tick the checkbox "Show Updates"

- You should see an update under the 6thSense.eu Mod, click this update and uninstall/remove it.

- Now run the Mod Update Check again and update to the fixed v0.59 banghead.gif

Sorry for the inconvienence

Hm, i can not see rifles (ak,m4,m16,sniper etc) anymore also no ironsight. in 3person-view it looks like i`m not wearing a weapon sad_o.gif mg`s are still visible though. is it a bug or did i mess up something?

Hm, i can not see rifles (ak,m4,m16,sniper etc) anymore also no ironsight. in 3person-view it looks like i`m not wearing a weapon sad_o.gif mg`s are still visible though. is it a bug or did i mess up something?

Please check the post above yours for instructions to fix, excuses

Thanks m8

you never go to sleep?  goodnight.gif

Sort Off ^^

mapfact misc used is 1.02 right ? as i noticed i use already 1.05 and Arma was unhappy about loading both (ooopsie crashie smile_o.gif ....

Sickboy is either a group hiding behind one identity or he is using slave labour wink_o.gif

He sometimes lets us out to see some sunshine whistle.gif

j/k

the guy is a one man machine, he always prettends to be ingame but you know he's busy with this mod when he stays at the insertion spot... useless slot filling icon_rolleyes.gif

mapfact misc used is 1.02 right ? as i noticed i use already 1.05 and Arma was unhappy about loading both (ooopsie crashie smile_o.gif ....

If anyone has a bunch of slaves laying around waiting to be used, please write me a PM rofl.gif

1.05 is in, ReadMe must be updated and forgot to add to the Changelog smile_o.gif Past days been rough whistle.gif

Will make sure it's resolved in next readme smile_o.gif

thx files differ so i wasn't sure ...

yet i wonder why it crashed when double loading 'same' addon ...

Released v0.60:

- Fixed Readme version mentioning of MAP_Misc aswell as changelog entry missing

- Added SLA Officers & Pilots for DES and URB camo (was missing somehow)

- Fixed Zoom of SPR

- Added Relikki's Woodland & Urban RACS (Incl. Woodland Vehicles)

- Optimized and Expanded Tracker Script. When debug mode is enabled, you can also follow enemy movement on the Map. Handy for Mission Makers

- Forgot to remove the BMD1 Config before

- Made the FontSize of the playernames etc. when you aim at them in Cadet Mode the same Size as Chat (So Configurable in six_usersettings.hpp)

- Optimized Scripts

- Added Client/Server version check, with nagger when Versions Mismatch

- Moved some Markers Around (Smilies etc. to the End)

- Added Debug Levels (Was using booleans before). Aswell as description in the ReadMe.

Dwarden; Yes it matters very much having double addons/versions loaded, please keep it Clean smile_o.gif

Sorry to be dumb. But how do I download the mod?

Sorry to be dumb. But how do I download the mod?

First post, click the link at Wiki Resource

v0.61 Update Released

[*] Fixed Missing Harrier classes from USA

[*] Fixed AKS74UN Sound (Is a silenced rifle but sounded like loud one)

[*] Added many functions and restructured six_base

[*] AI Engagement Ranges for Scoped Rifles slightly higher, but for non-scoped rifles slightly lower.

Use the Mod Update Check or visit the wiki link for manual update download