Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

New Iraqi Army (NIA) units. Shouldn't be too difficult, just a matter of reskinning smile_o.gif

73466454rk0.jpg

capt.bag10203021119.iraq_security_plan_bag102.jpg

iraqsf5zv4.jpg

Some vehicles which could also be reskinned:

ai111405a1.jpg

57143331qw1.jpg

@ simonwa1's suggestion,

Thats a very good idea, it would help a LOT with situational awareness of the team, stop battles from commencing straight away and leaving a bit more depth and be rather cool aswell to have a secret command area ^_^

I would Like to see the ability to capture certain building/fortress/bunker e.t.c. (although bunkers don't exist in arma, which they should do)

And set up MG positions on ledges and open windowsills.

Maybe the use of bipods being deployed on objects could be used in all areas aswell, sort of like in day of defeat: source.

Some sort of rangefinding ability with sniper spotters, preferably them being able to use a spotter scope that has the correct sighting indicators to estimate the range of enemy targets so the sniper can zero in where he shooting, And also a dial on the sniper scope to go with this so the player can manually adjust where the sight is zeroed.

And how about an m79 grenade launcher that is for for flare/smoke signals only???

Well, the M79 is hardly (if at all) used in the US armed forces these days. The M16 w/M203 is a very versatile and effective weapon which can be used for firing flares, smoke and markers

Would it be tough to create a civillian (western looking) child? Dont get me wrong, I intend to tell the story of how a kid who fell in love with flying and became a pilot. So no digital abuse of this kid involved.

(and of course I wouldnt forward the addon to anyone else if you wish)

Anyhow, more civillian items would realy be appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]Well, the M79 is hardly (if at all) used in the US armed forces these days.

Hardly used yes, but it still is used these days. Sadly i didn't saved the pic (slaps himself) but there was sometime ago (maybe max. 3-4months ago) a picture taken where someone was using it. It was used during a raid afaik. Picture was posted on the daily photos on military photos...Can't fully remember who used it, but afaik it was a combined operation with iraqy forces, but the M79 was used by a us soldier.

i remember the pictures you're talking about, SEALs were using it to - apparently the comment was that they found it much easier and more accurate than the 203, and were using it against suspect objects alongside roads etc.

I dont know if its been requested or mentioned, but I'd really love to see sling loading for transport helicopters (to sling small trucks, and damaged small helicopters), and trailers for trucks (to tow guns and such). Being able to move equipment and vehicles around the map is a must for large scale operations. It would be tremendously useful when it comes to recovering damaged vehicles.

Expanding on the same note, it'd be nice to see something like a Chinook or equivilant that could transport vehicles both internally, and by sling load.

an irish army mod featuring both army and ranger wing and airforce and navy would be class

this request is a small 1

hi viz dif colur tracers

plz plz plz

notworthy.gif

i'd like to see someone converting the game into winter landscapes. xmas_o.gif Like the winter mod someone made for the old opf.

It helped me get the hang of playing opf without getting killed evry two minutes (ehrm....yes, i suck....). Somehow i spot targets better....

It would also eliminate the grass annoyance some ppl seem to have about arma....;)

-------

Simply conversions of the original opf campaigns would be far out too! yay.gif

Now that i think of it....

Didn't novalogic sort of bring out delta force 1 again with a new engine and better graphics with delta force: elite? whistle.gif

edit: woops, i didnt notice the CWR thread since like... directly after i posted here, lol icon_rolleyes.gif

Are there currently any plans to port MI-24Hind to ArmA?

Would make more sense than Kamov.

Merged the Hind thread in here.

any chance of porting over the east patrol boat boatE from ofp to Arma? i think its so sad when my us special forces can reach land so easy with only ground and air enemies to worry about biggrin_o.gif

Request addon client based:

We all know how the regular map system works in Arma, 2 letters, and 2 numbers.

Now, When you got the map size zoomed in, so you read 2 letters, and 2 numbers, I want a possibility to make it even more exact, if you divide one of thoose boxes into 10x10, you will have new coords.

What I want, is a addon that give us this grid (the red squares) this gives you the oppourtunity to find your position more exact.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7831/grstutorial05bzg9.jpg

If its possibole to make this, I would have loved it, makes it easier and faster, and more exact. If there could be a possibility to toggle it off and on, that is also great.

Read the whole map reading guide to get a clearer view in what I mean, and what Im requesting.

http://www.16aa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5125

A WW I mod would be awesome! There just are NO good WWI games...

What about a complete reskin/update of the units present in vanilla AA ??

I mean better textures and/or models for infantry, updated weapons (no-more 1378' AKs) and vehicles (no more 1912 UAZs) and so on...

Askin' too much ? tounge2.gif

Here´s my wishlist:

(weapons)

M4 specop variations

M21 rifles (sniper)

M14 rifles (sniper)

SAKO rifles (sniper)

AK74 specop variations

VSS Vintorez

Bizon

Galil

SIG552

SVD (newer models)

(air)

Huey chopper

Mi-24 hind

Mi-26 transport

Mi-28 Havoc

Eurocopter Tiger

Su25

Mig29

AH-64 Apache

NH-90

C-130

Chinook

Super Puma

F-18

F-15

F-16

A-10

(vehicles)

T-80

T-90 , T-95

T-62 (older rus tanks)

Leopard

BMP/2 variations

Challenger

Bradleys

2S6M Tunguska

BTR 70-80

(units)

SAS

SEAL

Rangers

UK troops

Spetnaz

FDF (Finnish defence forces)

IDF

...etc

I´m sure my wishes will come true, those are the most common used stuff nowadays and can be perhaps transferred & polished from OFP.

i want antiair missile systems for both sides, the shilka would't take down a harrier even if it would be in front of its nose tounge2.gif

ubernoob - you don't know my addons

M14, M21, VSS, SVDM were made few weeks ago by me (SVDM is in newest version of my pack)

AK74 with Cobra sight or 1P29 sight were also made already

R3MF - "i just want the Project UK Forces crew to release their stuff"

L1A1 SLR, L85 XL70, L2A3 already released

derfalpha - what concerns Vietnam stuff - i made AR15, Stoners, Type 68, SKS, AK47 and files is already available

what concerns Polce units - too

there is Polish regular patrol units, SWAT, also blue Sahrani police, and SLA Soviet Militia and Guerill terrorist against it

that wasn't what he was asking...

Quote[/b] ]L1A1 SLR, L85 XL70, L2A3 already released

retired - incorrect designation, xl70 was the enfield prototype - retired

so his point about wanting the UKF stuff in arma still stands then given your releases actually only include 1 item of the current UK kit.

XL70 was prototype - i know, but i like it, for me it is more nice looking han L85

just as i love STG44smile_o.gif

EM2 will also be released (it was in my OFP pack)

i thought that UK still using L1A1 SLR or L2A3

not only L85, Sa80, LMG86

GPMG (L7) is simple reskin of M240 (red wood on stock), few seconds and addon is ready wink_o.gif

somebody released desert landrover - so UK stuff is rising ;]