Sign in to follow this  
snoofkin911

Simulation Gateway for Armed Assault

Is it possible to build/integrate a gateway for ARMA

more or less like the LVC gateway that has been developed for VBS so other sims can be integrated into ARMA

arch.jpg

[just think of the possiblities and the battlespace enrichment of integrating a tank sim like steal beast or flying an x-plane modeled chopper on ARMA for more info check ]http://www.calytrix.com/siteContent/LVCGame/intro.php]

Imho It's not possible with the tools that are relased and within the copyrights, unless the developers (of both games that are supposed to be connected somehow) want to do It. I'm not an expert though...

Anyway, check the topic about modules for game2.

Guest RKSL-Rock
But as i understood ARMA and VBS2 works on the same engine version

It may be the same basic engine but from what i've been led to beleive VBS2 is specially adapted to support the 'gateway' module and other advanced functions.

O this would be so good if this worked imagine if we could link arma with falcon 4 or EECH or any other of the realistic vehicle sims. Ive wanted this sort of virtual battlefield ever since I started playing Gunship years ago but nobody has really ever done a combined arms games with a high level of realism o well perhpas in game 2.

Quote[/b] ]It may be the same basic engine but from what i've been led to beleive VBS2 is specially adapted to support the 'gateway' module and other advanced functions.

RockofSL, you are correct.

It may be the same basic engine but from what i've been led to beleive VBS2 is specially adapted to support the 'gateway' module and other advanced functions.

It works on VBS1

The Caltrix site states that It works on VBS1 too

where does the problem lie

==============================================

LVC Game Features

Full Bi-Directional Interoperability:

Movement

Weapon Fire and Detonation

Damage

Entities

Minefields

Designation

Logistics

Interoperable:

DIS / HLA 1.3 and 1516 versions.

FOM Agile framework

Currently supports:

Virtual Battlespace (VBS) from Bohemia Interactive.

Steel Beasts from eSIM Games

JSAF from US Defence

...and more coming