Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

The 5-Minute Mission Maker

Excellent script which adds greatly to the SP experience. Many thanks!

These little scripts are fantastic m8. I will definetely make good use of these for my COOP missions over at RAAB. Pop along Kronzky for a game if you are into that kind of thing. We live here www.raab.co.uk

Many Thanks Shiz wink_o.gif

Wow ! Truly great stuff, I never found anything that made me dare trying real scripts but this has turned me around 120% !

Hopefully it's as easy to use as it seems....now if I only new how to use scripts..hmm...I'm wearing out the search button here :P .

Thanks again, from another mature (and old) gamer biggrin_o.gif .

//Niklas

Thanks for the update !

I'm gonna test it right now... ah, I hope patch 1.05 won't waste it !

Malick

ah, I hope patch 1.05 won't waste it !

Well... This release was specifically written for 1.05, so I guess you should be ok... wink_o.gif

Since from version 1.04 on (and now available to everyone, with patch 1.05) scripts can read marker rotations automatically (which wasn't possible before).

So that makes using my script A LOT easier. That's why I released an update as soon as 1.05 came out.

Is it possible to combine this with another mission with a server game logic? Can I make it Server2? If not, should I be able to add a line to the init with ";"? Im not certain if a game logic named "server" is a hardcoded requirement when you use this.

I assume some other script requires a game logic called "server" as well?

In that case you can just line up the commands in the init line with a ";" in between them.

The requirements for my script are:

a) a game logic named "server"

b) that the script is initialized

These two can be put together, but they don't have to.

You could do the initialization in the init.sqs, or in a totally different game logic, in a trigger, or any other place you can think of.

It's just that those two requirements must be met somehow.

Hi Kronzky, I have a little question :

When using your script for groups spawned in game (not in the editor), it sometimes happen that some units spawn separated from their leader.

This happens when I create a group, call ups.sqf for the leader with the "RANDOMDN" command line. It seems that a part of the group spawns at a random point while the rest spawns at the indicated spawn point. In my spawn script, there is a ~0.05 delay between each unit.

It's not really annoying, but is there a way to prevent this ? Maybe if I spawn all the units simultaneously ?

Thanks a lot !

Malick

Going by your note that you're using "ups.sqf" I assume that you're still using an older version of the script.

"Back in the days" I didn't place the leader at a random position, to avoid having him stuck at some "inconvenient" position, but since V1.6.* the random positioning has been greatly improved, and the danger of somebody being stuck at a weird position is nearly zero. So now all team members are placed at random positions.

Try the latest version, and let me know how that works out.

No, I'm using the current version of the script. I just didn't have the correct syntax.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"SquadLeaderE" createunit [_sp,_tg,"nul=[this,mark,""RANDOMDN"",""NOWAIT""] execVM ""ups-f.sqf"""]

That's the syntax I use. The script works nice. But, sometime, I still have a lone soldier. I'll try to spawn them all at once and tell you if it works.

Malick

I will be releasing a new version of this script soon after the 1.07 patch is out.

Here's a list of features that will be added in that release:

To make it even easier to use:

• No more requirement for a server Game Logic

• No more requirement to initialize the script before the first use

To better support "guard post" scenarios:

• Units can be forced to stay within the defined area (i.e. they will not follow the player outside their designated zone). They will still try to approach and flank the player, but never leave the specified parameter.

• Units can stay stationary at their post until a player is spotted. Only then will they try to track him down. If that is unsuccesful, they will return to their post.

If you have any suggestions or ideas of what else might be useful, please let me know, and perhaps I'll be able to squeeze it in.

I should be within the "spirit" of the current script though. Which means improving the behaviour of AI vs. player encounters, as I have no plans of ever turning this into an automated mission maker.

But if you can think of a way of improving the core functionality of this script, please PM me (or post it here), and I'll see what I can do...

There will actually be a full-scale mission that comes with the update!

It will demonstrate some of the more advances uses of the script, but should also be fun to play by its own right - independent of its "educational" qualities... ;)

iiiiiih ! is the first time i notice of this fantastic script , definitively i live in mars banghead.gif well , i'm starting to do my little missions so i will make a good use of this amazing piece of art yay.gif

sweet! smile_o.gif i dont know but im wondering if the script can support a.i cars chasing after you and going in really close in a sort of hot pursuit biggrin_o.gif

Respect, this is one of the most usefull scripts i have seen befor.

can u add some more scripts? like something for realistik AI tank forwarding and hiding movements etc.?

Also i like your markers, are you able to add some reallike military map markers used like in vbs2, would be nice addon for reality mods.

for example:

Enemy Units (Iraqi Unit Symbol, used in Operation Desert Shield/Storm)

i49206_iraqi.jpg

USMC Units (Armor Division Symbol, used in Operation Desert Shield/Storm)

i49208_armor.jpg

Or can u explain how to do it on my own, i dont know sites were i can download usefull scripts and addons like markers.

Also a side question, is it possible to create own islands, if so can u tell me were to get a tutorial or what tools i need.

Hopefully waiting for answer.

Greetz, Kev

Quote[/b] ]sweet! smile_o.gif i dont know but im wondering if the script can support a.i cars chasing after you and going in really close in a sort of hot pursuit

Well... it might happen...

I remember some real cool tank chases I had through the city of Dolores - playing cat and mouse with the AI, and racing through the backyards...

But since the main point of the script is that the AI will try to flank you, their path of pursuit will most likely not be straightforward, and limited to the road.

Quote[/b] ]Also i like your markers, are you able to add some reallike military map markers used like in vbs2, would be nice addon for reality mods.

I'm sure somebody else did them already.

I would try the Mapfact site. If I remember right, I think they may have done something like that.

Quote[/b] ]Also i like your markers, are you able to add some reallike military map markers used like in vbs2, would be nice addon for reality mods.

I'm sure somebody else did them already.

I would try the Mapfact site. If I remember right, I think they may have done something like that.

I'll checked it, nothing done like that for arma allready.

I will check the OFP section.

Can u tell me in what pbo file i can find does markers, maybe i can try to make my own few icons and upload it.

Greetz, Kev

Btw: Do you know any good script page were i can find some usefull stuff?

Can somone please help me with this? I did everything it said to do but it still doesnt work. I created a folder called "scripts" in my documents/arma and put the ups-f.sqf file in there. The on the editor i put the rectangle and named it "town". then i put a squad in there and put the leaders init as [this,"town"] exec "ups.sqs" and hit preview, but it came up with an error. Then i put [this,"town"] exec "ups-f.sqf", and it shut down the game. Is there anything im doing wrong?

Hi

I treied to add this script to some units but they refuce to move, tried to add the script into the saved mission folder and in a scripts folder in my documents bla bla... and int the init line i type this nul=[this,"Alpha"] execVM "ups-f.sqf" but they wont move, dont know if this have something to do with arma 1.08 patch

Thanks in advance /veneratio

Hi

I treied to add this script to some units but they refuce to move, tried to add the script into the saved mission folder and in a scripts folder in my documents bla bla... and int the init line i type this nul=[this,"Alpha"] execVM "ups-f.sqf" but they wont move, dont know if this have something to do with arma 1.08 patch

have you created the marker with correct name?

might be stupid question, but I have the script running without issues in 1.08

QuietMan

Just doublechecked to be sure and tried some other names at the marker and the init line and still the same result.

Hi

If they don't move you probably don't have the script initialized.

Check Step 3 in the readme:

Quote[/b] ]3. Create a Game Logic, named "server", that initializes the script: nul=["init"] execVM "ups-f.sqf"

Does a game logic named "server" exist?

Does it call the script with the "init" argument?

There will be an update to the script very soon that makes this step obsolete, but for now nothing will happen unless it's initialized...

There will be an update to the script very soon that makes this step obsolete, but for now nothing will happen unless it's initialized...

hope a few suggestions made it into the next version whistle.gif

my SP framework is nearly ready for "proof of concept" testing

QuietMan