Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

The 5-Minute Mission Maker

That was the problem, i missed the nul=["init"] execVM "ups-f.sqf" in the init line for the game logic.

Thanks alot mate and thanks for a great script.

I hope all this evolution stuff does not delay other important work?

QuietMan

I hope all this evolution stuff does not delay other important work?

QuietMan

It does... it does... wink_o.gif

But considering that UPS has been very stable for quite a while I didn't put too much priority on upgrading this one.

It will come, but it'll only be minor tweaks anyway (two new patrol modes, and no need for server GL or initialization anymore).

So I figured I can spend my time more productively elsewhere...

But AFAIK your modified version already works fine in your framework? In that case, just use the customized version. I don't have a problem with that.

But AFAIK your modified version already works fine in your framework? In that case, just use the customized version. I don't have a problem with that.

It does... it does... wink_o.gif

with your permission I expect to release two test missions next week, for public testing and discussion of the future direction or if it is worth the effort at all

there are two possible ways to go:

1. Island wide war with frontlines

2. Mad Max/Fall out like gameplay with local factions

A Sarani addonfree version is so far fine. Just making a PCM 2xxkm island version with some addons, as showcase (yes, it covers the complete island biggrin_o.gif )

QuietMan

Sorry for bumping , but i need serious help with this script.

I followed the installation instructions and how to use the script and i made a mission which was fantastic. However ever since I've tried to create other missions using the script (using the same method ect) , it says it cannot find script , even when i did something as simple as taking that original mission adding something , then saving under a different mission name .

Help would be appreciated.

I followed the installation instructions and how to use the script and i made a mission which was fantastic. However ever since I've tried to create other missions using the script (using the same method ect) , it says it cannot find script , even when i did something as simple as taking that original mission adding something , then saving under a different mission name .

you need to copy the script file into the new mission folder

QuietMan

you need to copy the script file into the new mission folder

QuietMan

.. sorry don't mean to be sarcastic , but I did that. On ALL of the missions i created with the script.

Sounds like a wrong pathname in the init of the script.

You have to create a game logic called "server", in which init line you initialize kronzky's UPS (don't have the code here). I had the same problem, it's just that I didn't update the init line with the correct path.

Check all paths !

Malick

Sounds like a wrong pathname in the init of the script.

You have to create a game logic called "server", in which init line you initialize kronzky's UPS (don't have the code here). I had the same problem, it's just that I didn't update the init line with the correct path.

Check all paths !

Malick

That could possibly be it , but it worked the first time and i havent really changed anything since then... ill check anyway thanks

you need to have a game logic inside the mission (in the editor). its one of the blue flags - look for it in the example mission.. See if you have the exact same thing in your missions.

if you have it, copy and paste the text you have in that game logic into here (make sure its named "server") so we can look at it.

Alternatively upload your mission some where and we can check and help with the issue.

Can't get it to work

I have:

1. Created a game logic with the initialization script: "KRON_UPS=true;_closeenough=10*10;_safedist=75;_intelchannel=1;KRON_IntelGrid=100"

2. Created a player

3. Created a marker rectangle called Alpha

4. Created an enemy with the init script: "[this, "Alpha"] exec "ups.sqf""

That doesn't work, I get an error then the enemy just stands there.

Also could some one for the love of god create good instructions how to use this? At the page where you download it says absolutely nothing on what's supposed to go into the game logic, just that it should initialize the script and that says nothing to me. And the instructions with the download says nothing about a game logic at all.

failkr1.jpg

Seems you have the OFP/VBS version instead of ArmA version of the script.

Also, you can not use _closeenough=10*10;_safedist=75 in the gamelogic initline, as they are local variables (_xxx) and not global variables. You probably have to change those variables inside the script itself.

Is there any way to make this work in coop multi player missions?

works fine in the editor

when I compile the mission I also get the message that the script is missing

what exactly do you mean by making sure the path is correct in the initialization

I did it EXACTLY like Kronzky indicated

where would I put the path??

do you mean I need the mission name in the path??

do I need a path indicating my player profile folder inside my documents??

a path to the root directory of arma???

Have you read the readme?

Here's what it says:

Quote[/b] ]If you are planning to compile you mission (making a PBO file out of it, in order to distribute it), the script *must* be located in the specific mission folder!

Which means that you have to place the .sqf file to your mission folder before you compile it into a pbo. If you make a subfolder for it, e.g. "scripts", make sure to change it in all of the init fields as well to "scripts\ups-f.sqf" instead of just "ups-f.sqf".

ty.... now then was that so hard

I will try that....

and yes I had read the readme....

it mentioned that exactly no where

it simply said to put the script in the mission folder

not that I need to added the scripts\ before the name ups-f.sqf in the init line

I think you didn't read my sentence properly. Only if you decide to make a subfolder inside your mission folder for scripts, you need to change the init lines so that it points to the correct path.

If you place the ups-f.sqf directly to the main folder of your mission, you won't need to change the init line.

I personally like to put all scripts away from the main folder of the mission to keep it clean, so I create a subfolder called "scripts" there and place the script files there. The game does not automatically look into subfolders for scripts, thus I need to give the path (including the subfolder) to the script when I use them.

Hello Kronzky !!

Thanks for this amazing script wink_o.gifnotworthy.gif

I have one question...

The "Named" parameter... what is the correct sintax??

For example...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

nil = [this,"one_area_to_patrol","nowait","noslow","named","the_name_of_the_unit"] execVM "UPS-f.sqf";

huh.gif

Thanks!! notworthy.gif

The "Named" parameter... what is the correct sintax??

For example...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

nil = [this,"one_area_to_patrol","nowait","noslow","named","the_name_of_the_unit"] execVM "UPS-f.sqf";

Actually the "named" flag doesn't get a parameter.

It just tells the script that this unit has a named assigned to it (in the editor), so you can then use a global variable that contains that name to externally influence the script.

It's one of the more advanced features, but I'll try to explain (it *is* in the readme, though, at the bottom section, where I talk about GLOBAL VARIABLES).

By default there is one global variable per side (e.g. KRON_UPS_WEST) that you can change from the outside to stop any patrolling by units of that side (by setting it to 0). (The included demo mission "ups-dynamic" demonstrates that.)

If the lead unit is named (e.g. "w1"), and you have told UPS about this via the "named" flag, you can then use the variable KRON_UPS_W1 to stop *only* this particular unit.

NOW - since I'm here already I may as well announce that UPS2 is coming soon!

It doesn't have any "breakthrough" additions (since the current one seems to work quite well), but it makes usage even easier, and has a few new features:

[*] You don't need to initialize it anymore via the "init" call

[*] You don't need a "server" Game Logic anymoe

[*] You can have a unit stationary at their current location, and only start moving once they spot an enemy

[*] You can restrict the pursuit movement to only the patrol area (right now they would follow enemies outside).

[*] You can specify how many unit can be left to consider a sector cleared (it doesn't have to be totally empty anymore).

[*] Dead units can be removed after a specified time.

For those adventurous souls who would like to try the first beta already, you can download it from here. It doesn't contain any readme yet, but the new parameters follow the regular UPS standard, and are briefly described in the header comment.

Email me directly if you run into any problems.

Very nice...really looking forward to this:

Quote[/b] ]You can restrict the pursuit movement to only the patrol area (right now they would follow enemies outside).

excelent news ...

edit: nvm i'm so blind fixed ...