Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

... Made it yesterday. The BF2 Sucks vid has received over 1500 hits ...

ArmA vs. BF2: Oh It's On Mmm Hmm

In german you would say "bescheuert und infantil" to your vid, ArmAVidz, but who gives a shit of german terms?

Best wishes

WL+1 for flaming (in a native language).

If you want to convert some BF2 players, why not make a trailer of ArmA that rivals the one for VBS2? Showing all of ArmA's features.. instead of just a "BF2 Sucks!" or what not in explosions on the ground. All that says to me is that you're a fanboy who has no respect for other games in what they might be. ArmA and BF2 and CS are in a league of their own. I play ArmA and OFP lots, I played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, and I also currently play CS. Does that make me a 13 year old punk that knows nothing about real combat? no. it makes me a 17 year old who just likes to have fun on his computer. I find it pretty depressing that some ArmA fans can spend their time on immature things like this.

Hi all, here is a video I did this weekend using FRAPS and windows movie maker. It features some air stunts and very low altitude flying :

Extreme_pilot

That some nice flying there Mr Flippy!!

If you want to convert some BF2 players, why not make a trailer of ArmA that rivals the one for VBS2? Showing all of ArmA's features.. instead of just a "BF2 Sucks!" or what not in explosions on the ground. All that says to me is that you're a fanboy who has no respect for other games in what they might be. ArmA and BF2 and CS are in a league of their own. I play ArmA and OFP lots, I played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, and I also currently play CS. Does that make me a 13 year old punk that knows nothing about real combat? no. it makes me a 17 year old who just likes to have fun on his computer. I find it pretty depressing that some ArmA fans can spend their time on immature things like this.

While I acknowledge you may voice your opinion if you wish, you are quite ignorant on most if not all the points in your comment.

why not make a trailer of ArmA that rivals the one for VBS2?

Give me time. I've JUST come to Armed Assault FROM Battlefield2.

All that says to me is that you're a fanboy who has no respect for other games in what they might be.

Firstly: all in good fun. Check the above response. What game did I last devote all my alotted gaming time? As for respect(something you know clearly know little about) it is earned. I had the utmost respect for BF2, until they nerfed it, refused to fix it, till all the punk rushing/TKing/suicide bombing boneheads came into the mix.

ArmA and BF2 and CS are in a league of their own.

Yeah some have said that. I disagree somewhat.

I play ArmA and OFP lots, I played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, and I also currently play CS.

Good for you. With the exception of my unwillingness to install BF2142 because of principal regarding adverts in game, so did I. I only play ArmA now. I never even played OFP that much though. I enjoyed it but the graphics were not enough.

Does that make me a 13 year old punk that knows nothing about real combat? no. it makes me a 17 year old who just likes to have fun on his computer.

Uh huh..........because combative replies to strangers on the internet regarding videos made for the fun of it and enjoyment of the creator is clearly fun. By the way, I'm 30. I made this video for fun. Partly to show BF2 users the freedom of the ARMA engine, partly because I'm happy there is finally an alternative to BF2 and partly because I am a little ticked that my beloved BF2 was turned into a nerfed-Tk'er-infested-rush'fest. Do you really see seriousness in those videos? The horn? lmfao

I find it pretty depressing that some ArmA fans can spend their time on immature things like this.

Riiight. Well. Just because I've accidentally insulted the one game you're good at, don't overreact. It was just for fun. And by the way, I have to right to make the video that shows off the engine of my new favorite game, because I plunked it out in 1942, in Desert Combat and long after everyone was gone on the [TnT] server, through Battlefield2 and finally landed at Point of Existence. It's not immaturaty, it's all in good fun because quite frankly, I'm simply awestruck at the game engine. (Even though my comp's slow at runnin it)

A word of wisdom, do not assume things. Empty assumptions can cause you alot of grief. Especially with women.

Lastly, this is "THE" Armed Assault Video thread. I've had a chance to reply to the "haters" so now leave it be. If you have a problem with the video, or the opinion of the creator(me) then post it on YouTube below the video. Don't clog this thread with useless combative remarks that forum viewers are gonna have to fish page-after-page through just trying to find a couple good vidz.

ArmAVidz

Trailers are really only 1-2 minutes long. Tr1n1 did a good job and keeping it short and concise. Professional music companys make hundreds of songs for trailers, 99% all of which are between 1-2 minutes. 30 seconds for TV aired trailers.

great video! only things is that bit too short and too few fighting part IMO, oh and the SVD part makes me think that it is an AK instead, others are simply great, i'd say keep them up m8 thumbs-up.gif

confused_o.gif Getting back on track....

Here is my attempt at a short ArmA trailer:

ArmA X Trailer

Very nice. Love the music, nice editing, nice job syncing the music, nice... everything.

Watched it again. The only thing I could criticize is the type in the credits. It warps a little into the screen on the left when it does the little wave effect and looks odd. Also just before the movie starts it seems like part of the title credits are cut off on the mid left of the screen.

As for the actual movie I love it more each time I watch it smile_o.gif The screen shake for the sniper rifle seems a bit odd, but who cares, it's damn cool smile_o.gif

More please biggrin_o.gif

confused_o.gif Getting back on track....

Here is my attempt at a short ArmA trailer:

ArmA X Trailer

I'm not sure I share Ebud's critique. There are times when that interference simulation is inappropriate- it's often overused- but in combination with the radio effect I think it works. I might increase the video a bit... but I think that we can all agree that that vid is pretty fantastic.

To me, its too short as I mentioned because once you are hooked into it....its over.

The intro seemed longer.

My critique after rewatching it would be a bit too much of the same camera speed effects used (although cool) and also tone down the spent bullet shots.

Its cool once or twice...3-4 times its a bit overdone.

But its still a great vid. smile_o.gif

I think it's more like a teaser, and a task of a teaser is exactely what this Video is doing.

If i were new to ArmA i would think"Awesome... what was that? I want more! NOW!!!" wow_o.gif

notworthy.gif

I loved the camera speed effect on the infantry! On the helicopter it was to clear you speed things up, while on the infantry it really looks like a warp effect. Also on both the helicopter and the jet the speed effect was to short and felt interrupted.

Also for the intro, heartbeat scene, the sniper was just a bit to far out of screen.

But I LOVE the explosions in the end and the advancing army, really profesional scenes!

Keep 'em coming!

For me it feels like an intro to a longer video. It's like the slow motion shots are just leading up to something.

Thanks for the comments and the critique guys biggrin_o.gif

its what keeps me pumpin' these vids out week by week wink_o.gif

did you use setacctime to do the slow downs or did you do it by using software..

BTW: I hate you all for using illegal copies of Vegas while I have to cope with shitty Magix! tounge2.gif

My Vegas is legal...

I prsume he used setAcctime because the standard frame rates in ArmA arn't enough to provide decent slow-mo.

My Vegas is legal...

I prsume he used setAcctime because the standard frame rates in ArmA arn't enough to provide decent slow-mo.

So is mine whistle.gif

Yes i use setacctime for most of my shots in every vid, as it is easier to film at a slower speed and then during post processing speed it up.

Supershooter, you disappeared for a while there...good to see you back smile_o.gif

If you're making a good teaser...youd better have some more of it coming!  biggrin_o.gif

To people who make vids and wonder why they dont get "credit", maybe have a look at the ones that do.

Its worth taking notes.

I enjoy the vids with the new retexes myself. It'd be nice to see more of that. Im tired of ACU vs SLA already.  firefoxlover.gif