Sign in to follow this  
AfrographX

Medieval 2 Total War Demo

I'll check it out. Is that map really that empty or are there just places you haven't discovered yet?

He has'nt discovered them yet.

And yeah, if you have played RTW the interface is almost identical with medieval theme, which is'nt excatly a bad thing. smile_o.gif

It's the fog of war. Whatever is in color is what I discovered. (Colors represent the factions)

Everything in black (the left of the map) is undiscovered yet.

Its pretty filled in (Mogols, tirmuids, russians, and other factions are to the far east.)

I am a total war veteran and I loved this one, they didn't come up with much new stuff, but the units and battles are just grea.

one things confuses me though, the modding teams, they seem to make the same mod over and over again, I guess like with arma thay are waiting for tools, anyway if you are used to looking for mods to ofp and arma, its a little confusing with TW.

Slightly off-topic but an another historical grand strategy game has been released; Europa Universalis III, covering most of earth and years 1435-1789. Far more politically and economically oriented than the total war series though.

Slightly off-topic but an another historical grand strategy game has been released; Europa Universalis III, covering most of earth and years 1435-1789. Far more politically and economically oriented than the total war series though.

This game can't compare with TW series in many great aspects (3D detailed map,huge battles,full detailed terrains,cities,far better sound etc.)...but its like u said more politically and economically oriented with much more details then TW series...i really enjoyed EU II but there is no much differences with EU III ..thou maybe larger map and some 3D elements...

I've got to say that Rome had a bit more variety when it comes to armies: The Greeks had phalanxes, Romans-Legions,Carthage

/Eastern nations had elephants, Egyptians chariots and so on.

In Medieval All Europeans basically rely on cavalary, Mongols as well, Muslims have more infantry oriented approach, and only the Tirmuids have elephants. Later in the game, anyone who can afford gun powder- uses it. That said it might be just the Medieval era, not the game that looks and plays beautifully no the less.