.kju

WarGames League v.5.1 (WGL 5.1) Full Release

Custom heads in OFP atm are very intensive, with large numbers of polygons. WGL5 would be betraying some of it's core followers if it implemented such 'shiny' features.

@rheydrich

for Infantry weapons bullet impact effects / Extra infantry weapons smoke puffs see WGL wiki about: WGL_Settings_sqf

these two are deactivated by default as we had reports of too heavy fps drain for common pcs.

now its up to you to decide between no feature or FPS drop

deflecting tracers are gone - no change here / not gone in 5.1!

double check this or the source lies in a faulty WGL 5.1 installation  confused_o.gif

BW MOD addons - BW MOD site / download

the link to the bw mod site is the forum post  wink_o.gif

okay so the bullet tracers were changed,

they look different but I use to like the bright light

going up when the bullet deflects, just a thought

like i said. no change in 5.1.

either you are mistaken or the reason lies on your side (changed ofp settings?).

Is it possible to use ECP with WGL5.1?

definitely  not because both mods are using their own bin/confgi.cpp´s  wink_o.gif

My Part for this great MOD

My last Mp-MAP for OFP whistle.gif but not the last for ArmA

SF-Final_EXAMINATION

If you're into Coop, by all means try this mission. The AI is already waiting to kick you a**es pistols.gif

I'm after some WGL CTI'S would anyone have a link to get them from please?

Here you can find a WGL crCTI 1.0 port.

Expect a even more WGL'ified version soon biggrin_o.gif

Heads up to guy's that don't know this-If you leave the notebook to far to the left after reading brifing's objective's ect,then exit the game when you restart with vanila ofp or any other mod the notebook with objectiv'e ,gear selection ect is no longer their! the solution is to restart with WGL mod then pull the notebook other to the right,exit game then start again without wgl mod. sorry if this "bug" is known about. p.s i knew were the notebook had dissapeared to because i had the same problem with the very early ffur mod!

thanks for the info action man smile_o.gif

some know this, but not all, so its good to have it in here thumbs-up.gif

The devil just updated to 5.12 guys.

devilsdownloadsib0.png

Keep up with the devil! Update now!

PS. Seriously, this isn't edited, I always get odd numbers... Usualy 69 whistle.gif

totally forgot whistle.gif

---

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Announcement</span>

The WGL Mod team is proud to present the release of the WGL 5.12 patch.

The patch is mainly fixing a few small issues and delivers a few additions.

See the changelog summary below. Enjoy.

Spread the word.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Installation instruction</span>

Only unrar the file wgl512_2006-11-12.rar directly in your ofp folder and "overwrite all yes".

Double check if the @wgl5\version.txt says WGL 5.12, 2006-11-12 (12th of November, 2006).

Also once you startup wgl5 in the main menu it should say "wgl5.12" at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER

We might release another small patch depending on your feedback,

so feel free to comment the changes of the patch.

Note to server admins

We recommend you to enforce all players to update to the latest version.

You can check the users wgl version by using the filecheck methods.

Check these files here:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"wglevents\version.sqf"

"wgl_men_config\version.sqf"

"wgl_veh_config\version.sqf"

"wgl_wep_config\version.sqf"

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>WGL 5.12 Change Summary</span>

DOCS

~ Updated: armor_values_overview.xls to the latest values.

GAMEPLAY

~ Changed: BCL requested to have ammo creates not being invincible by default. The idea was to stop certain abusive gameplay, yet like here in some cases the destruction of ammo creates is desired.

~ Changed: destrType for buildings to "destructman" to have buildings be destroyable and still not crumble. Background: CTI needs destroyable base buildings.

~ Fixed: Deploying ATGM launchers was only possible on the machine where the ATGM carrier (BRDM/Hummer/truck) was local.

~ Fixed: made the rucksackfixer more robust. In WGL 5.1.0, the rucksacks that are removed from corpses can be lost.

FEATURES

~ Changed: hot on the heels of the netCall script is a crewed weapons rotation script that works(*) in MP.

(It works if the mission features CoC Network Services *or* has a game logic named server/LocalServerObject)

~ Added: a utility script "netCall.sqs" that can call code strings on all nodes under certain circumstances.

Those circumstances are 1) CoC NS present 2) presence of a game logic named "server" or "LocalServerObject"

~ Fixed: it is necessary to repeat the WGL_STR_VERSION and BUILD strings for all the six language variants to have the strings be localized properly for non-english OFP players

~ Changed: cfgmodels.hpp offers the possibility to declare cfgModels entries for models_base configs, if "the addons" did not do it themself (=no cfgModels definition of the p3ds). The structure is changed a bit now. The entries are now merged into wgl_comp's config.cpp and are done by an include for smoother file structure inside cfgmodels.hpp (as its no define any longer it doesn't have to be single line).

SOUND

~ JNF/SAM Sound Mod -Bullet Snap Version 1

FX

~ Changed: BIS handgrenades now bounce and get nice, lasting smoke effects when exploding.

~ Tweaked: Atgm's smoke to a more transparent one, to allow better aiming and tracking of the missile

WEAPONS,UNITS

~ Changed: M4A1, M4A1GL and M4A1SD optics to M16A2 one, as the m4 one is ugly and doesn't fit the style of the rest.

~ Added: the new 100 and 125mm shell types recently introduced (eg 3BM8, 3BK12 etc) so that they are handled by the visual effects system(s).

~ Added: the PvP, "..._R" versions of the tank weapons are updated with the new APDS and HEAT magazines.(These are the ones with no aiming cursor at all)

~ Added: more 125 mm HEAT rounds of older generation - BK-14, BK-18 and BK-18M.

~ Added: a slew of older 125 mm tank gun ammo types: 3BM9, 3BM12, 3BM15 and 3BM17, all sabots.

~ Added: Older 100 mm ammo, "WGL_3BM8" and a magazine for it (used by the T-55 cannon)

~ Added: 125 mm "WGL_3BM22" ammo and magazine type for the T-72 and T-80 guns.

~ Changed: the resistance T-55 is more of an early T-55A, so I changed the displayName to reflect that.

~ Changed: the east T-55M has gotten a slight armor update to reflect it's RL counterpart improved armor over the T-55A.

MODELS

~ Changed: re-activated a load of UH-60 vehicle classes and made them use the recently improved UH60 models.

~ Added: loads of reworked texures for the UH-60 models

~ Fixed: zillions of issues with the UH-60 models

~ Fixed: loads of model issues with the Chinooks

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Get WGL 5.12 patch</span>

Filebase - core files

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Get involved</span>

New challanges and opportunities lie ahead - share your ideas and

take the chance to realize them.

The development of WarGames will continue in the future and

we are looking for decent and dedicated people !

WGL is based on a strong PvP and Coop Community and is supported

by various groups and people.

Based on a good internal development surrounding (subversion, trac,

ftp, irc, forum) <u>everyone contributes to the development as far as ones

own available time, motivation and skills in an organised and coordinated process</u>.

Yet we are not solely looking for core developers - anyone's help is appreciated.

Take the opportunity and join the ranks.

Get more information here.

So we wish you a lot of fun and a good time with the WarGames MOD !

best regards

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>WGL 5.1 Core Team</span>

. Killswitch

. The-F

. Q

. Soul

Quote[/b] ]Heads up to guy's that don't know this-If you leave the notebook to far to the left after reading brifing's objective's ect,then exit the game when you restart with vanila ofp or any other mod the notebook with objectiv'e ,gear selection ect is no longer their!

It's faster to edit this part of ofp\users\name\userinfo.cfg:

class Notepad

{

inBack=1;

position[]={-0.067581,0.003070,0.320000};

positionBack[]={-0.330518,-0.011716,0.400000};

};

Exit ofp, set the first two coordinates to zero and start again. (or switch user, alt+tab to edit, switch back user)

I think you could fix this by shifting the origin right in the wgl model so it wouldn't go so far left. Just be sure to move all lods by the same amount if you do this by yourself smile_o.gif

Thanks for updating those M4 sights biggrin_o.gif Great update all around.

Using WGL/DMA Army pack, some Resistance units have their own backpack in addition to WGL's rucksack and they look sorta goofy with both. No big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

smile_o.gif

Q you forgetful old git! Lucky I reminded you biggrin_o.gif

I was wondering why my clan seemed to have been the only clan to have updated!

PS. Any chance of a full WGL5.12 release? Insted of a patch? For some reason (Not sure if anyone else gets this) 5.12 worked on my uncles PC, but when I updated me home PC/Weekend server, it still says WGL5.1 at the bottom after coming up not being able to overwrite or something... Ill try redownloading...

Say q any chance that u ll include can include an authentic

command&comu system lie GB's Hand Signal in you future release ?

BTW the slx support is great

Are there any mirrors for this 5.12 patch?

Ofpc.de is currently down! Cant find any alternative DL so far.

EDIT:

Nevermind, the site is back online.

ISSUE FIXED... thanks to Q... again!

Hey there

I'm trying to patch our linux server to 5.12 but there's no briefings at the beginning of missions now, and when you hit "start game" you get the screen of waiting players.

Did I do anything wrong, overlook something? I simply replaced everything from the d/l...

Regards,

Ig.

EDIT: Oh, and it says @wgl5\wgl_settings.sqf not found, whereas the file is here allright...

The fix

Comment the line: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">WGLprops=call preprocessFile "..\@wgl5\wgl_settings.sqf"

in \@wgl5\addons\wglevents\wglinit.sqs

Repbo wgl_events, and voilŕ!

I just downloaded everything WGL today, and installed it into one mod folder.  When I launch it, takes awhile, but I get no errors and everything seems to be working fine, except I don't hear the grenades explode.  Anyone else getting this bug?

I haven't really had much time to try the whole mod out though, it looks really good, allthough I expected it to be harder to drop the enemies, since one is now able to survive some hits.  In Clean Sweep,  the silenced XML was killing the russians like before, in fact they died so fast, they didn't even bother to animate themselves falling down:)  One moment, running, the next, chewing dirt.

Look forward to trying this out with the guys on Tuesday night lan night.  

We'd like to try out the WGL Cti, but so far I'm not sure if I've got all the files needed for that.  All those WGL Islands in the pack, and I don't think I can play Cti on them, am I right?

Thanks for the update, any hints on the grenade sound would be appreciated.  As I said, I put everything in one modfolder, Ryans units, Navy, all that, all the islands into the addons folder under @wgl5  

Oh also, I clicked on the "install_win2k_xp.exe" file in the root of the modfolder, thinking I needed to do that, and it only installed the Llauma sky pack, which I didn't want.  It never tells you what it's for.

Konyak

whats your question now? didnt read it anyway -_-

and btw i finally made WGl 5.12 to work ( was updating wrong way XD )