Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

Hi all,

Finished building my new PC

Specs-

intel 6400 @2.13 Ghz.

geforce 7900 GS

1 gig ddr2 ram

coolermaster fan

80 gig HD (my old one)

ASUS P5NSLI Mobo

First off there was no need for Windows CD as pretty much all the files transferred over smoothly except Windows is giving me 27 days to register.

My big question is my CPU. CPU-Z finds the core processor running @1600 MGz?!? This Mobo comes with quite a few OC features including AI overclock, but it always goes to this spec.Maybe a dumb question but is cpu-z just reading 1 of the cores? I've increased the fsb from 1000 to 1200 which has put the core at 1.8 GHZ.

CPU-Z Reading:

Core- 1.8 GHZ -sometimes flickers to 2.3

Muliplier- x6

Bus Speed:-300

Rated FSB- 1200

I'm not looking for mad overclock, but I'm worried if it's running this low. My FPS have greatly increased in both OFP (50-60 with FFUR/SLX) and ARMA Demo (30-40) but this is probably also due to my new graphics card.

PCMark05 sees my system running at 2.4 GHZ

This is more than likely caused by the Intel SpeedStep technology. When your CPU is not being utilized at full capacity, it drops the speed back to save power and reduce head output. A utility like CPU-Z reads what speed the CPU is currently at, so it doesnt cause the CPU to speed up. Try running a game and some music or video on media player and then run CPU-Z and it should be operating at full speed. I think it may be possible to turn this feature off in the BIOS, but it seems like a useful thing to me, so I'd keep it on.

Does anyone know where to find mirrors to the latest free Ikonboard?

I've been searching, but most sites either link to Ikonboard.com (the site's down), or they are doing hacks/mods for Ikonboard.

I've looked at sourceforge.net, but I haven't found any, I've Googled, but still haven't found any.

Can anyone help?

wex

smile_o.gif

here my PC:

intel ® Celeron CPU 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz

512 MB of Ram

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB.

its good to play ArmA huh.gif .

@ch_123

Yeah, I think your right bro, Intel Speedstep is in fact running. Phew, thats good news, went thru alot to get this system together and while I doubt I try OC'ing to 3 GHZ like many others, 2.4 (currently) I can definitely live with.

here my PC:

512 MB of Ram

celeron is very very slow even it is running at 2,6ghz - I SAY this cpu as fast as a athlon xp with 1,3ghz

here my PC:

512 MB of Ram

The Celeron is a bit slow, but what would concern me most is your Graphics card. The X1300 is piece of crap when it comes to games. Could be time for an upgrade whistle.gif

here my PC:

512 MB of Ram

its good to play ArmA  huh.gif .

If your talking about a Celeron D (775 socket) you might be able to squeak by but a older Celeron's system L2 cache is just too low for quality gaming. Don't know much about your card but beefing up to at least to a gig ram would probably be a good idea.

None of those parts are up for ArmA really.. tounge2.gif

The practical requirements (IMHO) are.. a Athlon64 3200+ equivalent, 1GB and 6600GT equivalent.

None of those parts are up for ArmA really.. tounge2.gif

Well maybe the amount is OK for ArmA but rest is really not to well.

Thanks Guys, also my vedio Card been 64MB ATI, I Change it to new ATI 256MB, guys you say althon & 1gig ddr Ram on my PC very good to play any Games.

Thanks Guys, also my vedio Card been 64MB ATI, I Change it to new ATI 256MB, guys you say althon & 1gig ddr Ram on my PC very good to play any Games.

Yes, but the ATI 256MB card you have (X1300 PRO) is not good for modern games. You will need a better one, like 7600GT.

OK, that's what i need:

- 7600GT 256MB.(Damn i gonna Change my vedio Card Agein sad_o.gif

- 1GIG DDR Ram.

- althon 3.0 GHz.

Thanks

- althon 3.0 GHz.

Get a 3800+ at least. The price difference is just minimal.

- 7600GT 256MB.

- 1GIG DDR Ram.

- althon 3.8 GHz.

- New hard disck 80GB (MY Hard disck very low space 40GB).

Thanks all

- althon 3.8 GHz.

3800 is not 3.8Ghz, it's just a name tounge2.gif . The 3800X2 is a good, relatively cheap, dual core CPU.

Well guys, I dont know wether to laugh or cry...

I've just taken delivery of my new PC which I ordered a week before christmas, on the website I ordered it from, it guaranteed delivery before crimbo day, delivery was held up by the Asus striker extreme mobo being out of stock. So why present it as a sale item, part of a pre-christmas delivery guarantee?

So here I am nearly a month later, what do I find when I take the tower out of the packaging?... it looks like somebody has taken a baseball bat to the back of the case!

I'm not going to name the website but it begins with cyber and ends with system...

crazy_o.gifsad_o.gifconfused_o.gif

Well guys, I dont know wether to laugh or cry...

I've just taken delivery of my new PC which I ordered a week before christmas, on the website I ordered it from, it guaranteed delivery before crimbo day, delivery was held up by the Asus striker extreme mobo being out of stock. So why present it as a sale item, part of a pre-christmas delivery guarantee?

So here I am nearly a month later, what do I find when I take the tower out of the packaging?... it looks like somebody has taken a baseball bat to the back of the case!

I'm not going to name the website but it begins with cyber and ends with system...

crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif  confused_o.gif

.. and this is why we build our own. wink_o.gif

True, however that still doesn't guarantee that all the parts will arrive undamaged wink_o.gif

True, however that still doesn't guarantee that all the parts will arrive undamaged wink_o.gif

Rather have one part damaged than the whole PC smashed tounge2.gif .

I have a very anoying problem, i reinstalled windows after but now i cant watch any video in windows media player/vlc/real confused_o.gif

When i try to play a video file mpeg/wmv ect there is no video displayed at best all i get is the sound + my system performance drops straight through the floor.

I have tried codec packs but with no effect, any ideas?

*EDIT* fixed motherboard driver everything now works yay.gif

i don't know if this is the place but i wanted to try the latest battlefield game 2142 and i get constant CTD's and sometimes i can play 10 minutes and sometimes it ctd's straight to desktop.

really weird when Armed assault demo works perfectly almost with normal settings and a little bit less fps with high settings. smile_o.gif

i don't know if this is the place but i wanted to try the latest battlefield game 2142 and i get constant CTD's and sometimes i can play 10 minutes and sometimes it ctd's straight to desktop.

really weird when Armed assault demo works perfectly almost with normal settings and a little bit less fps with high settings.  smile_o.gif

1.)Try to turn off or disable (click on NO) VOIP (aka Voice Over IP) modul in Settings-> Options -> Audio menu

2.)If that doesn't help:go to Audio Settings->Audio Renderer and select Software renderer

3.)And if that doesn't help: uncheck EAX (click on NO)

4.)Last option is to patch the game to v1.10

Thou i think a main problem is VOIP,so try to turn this off first wink_o.gif

Soon getting a nw comp but which gfx card would you recomend over...

The 7900

or the

The 8800

or...

This 8800

Im not too sure over the differnces between both of the 8800s and im sure you would recomend the 8800 over the 7900 but I only want the bst when it comes to my computer  biggrin_o.gif

Soon getting a nw comp but which gfx card would you recomend over...

The 7900

or the

The 8800

or...

This 8800

Im not too sure over the differnces between both of the 8800s and im sure you would recomend the 8800 over the 7900 but I only want the bst when it comes to my computer  biggrin_o.gif

Rofl,to put 7900 along with 8800 series...8800gts eats 7900 for breakfast and it's DirectX 10 card...so take 8800gts definitively,and from that 2 i would choose XFX...

1.Wait for March-April if u can ,and buy 8800gtx for the price of 8800gts today

2.Can u find some cards from other companies...like:Asus (the best),PoV,Leadtek?

3.Only 1 year of warranty,wtf?!

But if  u are going to buy card soon and to choose between that 2 8800gts ,go 4 XFX.   wink_o.gif

3.Only 1 year of warranty,wtf?!

I don't know about the UK, but in Sweden we allways have 2 years warranty, so if it brakes, we can get a new one/get it fixed/get the money back, even if the store says it's 1 year.

Of course, a store can leave 5 years warranty if they wish, but that's upto them.

And never belive in the term: "Lifetime warranty!". Give it a shot and buy something, print the page with the statement, and go back in 25-30years when it siezed working, and you should get your money back! tounge2.gif

Anyways, I'd say; Wait a while and get a 8800GTX, since prices should be droppin' the the new DX10's shall be poppin' (up). (I've never said I was a rapper! tounge2.gif )

Kind regards

wex

smile_o.gif