Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

"Use FFUR/SLX 07 mod it replaces the defualt addons with the new thrid party addons to enhance the game to a new experiance.

The enemy side also, gets updated vehicles. so the T80 and T80UM whill be a mach for the M1A2 Abrams.

I was wondering how i could lower the armor on the M1A2, when i open the pbo with Eliteness it says "Extraction has strange values in product header"

When i make it back into a pbo the file is larger and the M1A2 aren't in the game anymore

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

First, apologize for digging up this "outdated" thread...I wouldn't have dared to post and bother you people if I have not found myself in real trouble...

The question I wanna ask, is how to open and use this Great M1A2 SEP addon and all its features?

It is all for personal use only!!!!

I have tried WinPbo (returns with a "sis file"), Eliteness 2.95, PboManager, PboX v1.0, and ExtractPbo 1.85 with depbo.dll 4.06 loaded, but all returns with a "strange error",

and so my current progress so far is only able to plug the M1A2BIS.p3d into the main config.cpp and make it work, the rest simply caused CTD (though they can be previewed in ODOLExplorer).

I am running Arma:CWA with FWatch 1.11, BTW

I only run LAN games with friends of mine (one only, it's hard to develop OFPholics around me, all kinds of Counter Strike S**T you know:( and Arma2 burns them out)

I'm a new comer in this community, but I am not new to the game. I started playing OFP when 1.30 was out, and I have been modding OFP since 2009, with no knowledge and no contact of the community(trial-and-error all these years, heck), and I have been on my own.

I have been developing my own little mod (PLArmA) and up to now it is in v3.0 beta. You can google it and you will find nothing, as I never released them. It's only for my own sense of accomplishment and um for some shootout among my friends, and as I hacked quite a lot of addons without permission, I don't think I can or will release them.

Anyway. I would love it if you kind people would help me integrate the tank and its features into my Mod, and I am very grateful~

Thanks again~

Regards,

Cpt. S-Magnet

OK, sorry for disturbing, but the problem solved! I unpacked the pbo with Eliteness 2.95 (the header error is still there) and it succeeded loading into the main config.cpp. Must have been some problems in the config.

Thx again!

Edited by Cpt_SMagnet
Problem solved

On 06/01/2007 at 4:59 PM, madmedic said:

if I put 2 M1A2s on a map, and they engage a group of enemy tanks...Often, the loader in the second M1A2 will disembark.

I'm making a version of my armour mission for this addon and I am running into the above problem with a loader in the group being ordered to disembark, is there any way to stop it from happening as well as the crew bailing out from track damage? I've had a read through the previous threads but didn't see any answers.

Hi,

I found this script but I'm not exactly sure what triggers it.

INQ_M1_Loader.sqs

?! local _this : exit
	_c = count units group _this
	_lt = "INQ_Crew_Wl"
	? typeof _this in ["INQ_M1A2D"] : _lt = "INQ_Crew_De"
	? typeof _this in ["INQ_M1A2W"] : _lt = "INQ_Crew_AC" 
	?((count crew _this) in [0,4] || _c == 12): exit
	_lt createunit [[getpos _this select 0, getpos _this select 1],group _this]
	~.1
	_loader = nearestobject [_this, _lt]
	_loader moveincargo _this
_loader assignascargo _this

It seems to be called in this init.

INQ_M1_Init.sqs

INQ_Fired = loadFile "\INQ_M1\scripts\INQ_M1_fired.sqf"
INQ_Noid = loadFile "\INQ_M1\Scripts\INQ_Noid.sqf"
INQ_Targets = loadFile "\INQ_M1\scripts\Staff\INQ_Targets.sqf"
INQ_StvolFlame = loadFile "\INQ_M1\scripts\INQ_flame.sqf"

TracerCnt = 0

_this exec "\INQ_M1\scripts\INQ_M1_engineon.sqs"
_this exec "\INQ_M1\scripts\INQ_M1_Random.sqs"
_this exec "\INQ_M1\scripts\INQ_M1_rMarker.sqs"
_this select 0 animate ["suspension2", .5]
_this select 0 animate ["suspension", .5]

INQ_IsMPGame = false
@(time>1)
?{playersNumber _x>0}count[east,west,resistance,civilian]>0: INQ_isMPGame = true; exit

_this select 0 exec "\INQ_M1\scripts\INQ_M1_Loader.sqs"

Since it seems to only affect the INQ_Crew, maybe you can use empty tanks and use crewmen from another addon or just replace the loader?

• Like 1

Thanks mate!

Even after all these years I've very little experience or confidence with advanced editing like scripting. However, it looks like it adds a loader if the group is small enough?

OK, just ran a quick test. I placed down a platoon (4) of these tanks in the editor and they didn't spawn with a loader. Which is great as I wondered why have a loader when you can never roll with these tanks in a full strength US platoon.

My mission has the player starting out away from the platoon, and they have to get to their tank and then join their unit. So I think I'll be able to work around this by placing down 4 tanks in the group in the editor and then delete one when the player is on their way. That should hopefully avoid loaders spawning and solve the problem.

OK, the above solution works. If anybody else runs into this, remember to delete the tank and its crew. Otherwise, the crew from the deleted tank will move into the loader positions of the 3 remaining tanks.