Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

DSF Nuke Scud Update

We have completed our 1.2 version of our beloved scud pack, all the code has been rewritten making this version a cleaner lag free addon.

As well as a number of tweaks we have incorperated new eye candy for most of the scuds, here's a few screenshots of the nuke in action,

theres the full techvideo available for download Here (19mb)

--A nice quiet base--

new1.jpg

--The countryside---

new4.jpg

This image is somewhat beyond 100kB, better fix it quick before mods come around. Or maybe post thumbnails instead, this would make the thread easier to browse. tounge2.gif

link will be up soon, just making a few final adjustments

Yeah, I'd recommend making them all smaller, both in filesize and in physical dimension, otherwise the über-verwalter will lay a can of whoopass on you!

Also, it will help stop the site from running like a dog when lots of people view this thread and also it will attract more people there so they can see the higher quality versions and download some of our other stuff!

Wow, looks nice... I noticed the clouds in the "After" pics. Weather just worsening or scripts...? wink_o.gif

Although just this morning I had gruesome thoughts about nuclear weapons (what if something would really happen - crazy_o.gif), but... hmmm... tounge2.gif?

Both MODUL SKY' and John's smoke effects were active when we made the video, its fully supports both and is 100% multiplayer compatible.

Please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb.

My PC would start packing its bags if I even DARED install this addon crazy_o.gif

I just hope it hasn't blown up the dev's PCs...  whistle.gif

Any news on this one with regards to release date?

Deepsmeg, any news on the Scud update? Btw, why didn't you ever consider using SS-21 or Tochka-U. The Scud system is SO old, the newer versions are much better, plus, they are more suitable for OFP. These are more mobile, smaller, amphibious and more accurate. Your SCUD script is so perfect for tactical launches, I think it is a crime against the OFP community not to use it with Tochka-U system. Please consider a new addon for us all.

BTW, the Project MCAR guys told me that it would be OK if someone wants to use their model of Gecko launcher for Tochka-U launcher. Essentially it is the same vehicule. So, somebody just needs to re-model the Gecko into Tochka-U and use the DSF system for launching the missiles. I am sure for some of you, experienced modelers, it would take less then an hour to complete. Please, someone help! help.gif

recently downloaded some targetable called DSF scuds 1.1, and it mentioned a way to make it so the chemical scud wouldn't affect NBC unitsbut i haven't found it, but i cant work it out. jus wanting to know if anyone knows how to do it,

it mentioned an anim

btw this is fo sp:j::confused::o

Edited by swot

swot, do you tried to read the "Readme"? There are usually answers to many questions..

Edited by ArnoldArdent
Of course=)

LOL Arnold, I think you mean "answers" to many questions. :P

Anyway, a link to the addon would be nice Swot. That way people won't have to hunt it down. :)

You're talking about this:

A reminder that you can make your NBC units compatible with our scuds by creating an animation called NBC_Shield.

You can make EMP resistant helicopters by creating an animation called GoldenEye.

These animations should be set to phase 1 to take effect.

This looks like a note to addon makers to use special names for animations that will be compatible with DSF_Scud.