j-man

A brand new real life mission

Stealing is not the correct word, from the readme:

Quote[/b] ]Fell free to borrow scripts and things from this mission. Just be sure to credit its creator.

so what's the problem?

Guest The Cobra
Stealing is not the correct word, from the readme:
Quote[/b] ]Fell free to borrow scripts and things from this mission.  Just be sure to credit its creator.

so what's the problem?

Beg your pardon.

Must missed that

smile_o.gif

And, anyway, i also asked again for permission:

Quote[/b] ]Anyway im making a mission of Real life too, im at 40-50% of the work, and i had some problems with lag and the police sistem, so i would know if i can use some of yours scripts like the police one. surely i'll credit you.

I hate the country life lol, i like city better. It sounds and looks like a great mission, i was driving around in my car, but it was just to laggy for my pc sad_o.gif .

Thank you all for your kind words smile_o.gif

I can see that my mission could using a lot more depth and choice, especially in the work area.

For the next version, I'll certainly remove quite a few addons, Also, I plan to rewrite all the scripts so that they as less laggy and are easier on the eyes of other people wink_o.gif Hopfully, I'll be able to add career jobs as well wink_o.gif

three comments after a few time spent on:

1) i dont like the mission concept, based on a few way of saltuary works, like find a mule or clean tables. The system doesn't give you the opportunity to grow your work experience and get a real job, where you go every mornig. And i didnt like the farm: you start with a your work, i would have preferred if you started without job and you would have chosen your job

2) I didn't like the addons download: it would have been better if you did an addon pack where we could download the entire pack

3) The scripts you used are written in a really hard way to understand, they are not simple and linear but they are very intricate.

4) Good scripting anyway , i really liked the police sistem, its really well done.

So its a good mission, but its not my rpg mission.

Anyway im making a mission of Real life too, im at 40-50% of the work, and i had some problems with lag and the police sistem, so i would know if i can use some of yours scripts like the police one. surely i'll credit you.

rofl.gif

here's a tip: if you're going to ask someone if you can borrow something they've spent 2 years working on, don't make a list of everything you don't like about it, especially if it's only based on "a few time spent on". it's just not polite. wink_o.gif

anyway, unfortunately my 1ghz processor wasn't able to run this mission at more than 3 frames per second, so after ~ 5 minutes i just gave up...i'm getting a new laptop in a few weeks, though, so hopefully i'll be able to try this out then...at least i got to read the briefing (which was fantastic). good work j-man!

Quote[/b] ]here's a tip: if you're going to ask someone if you can borrow something they've spent 2 years working on, don't make a list of everything you don't like about it, especially if it's only based on "a few time spent on". it's just not polite.

I don't agree with you. I dont know about you, but im used to tell all the truth, always. It wouldn't have been honest tell that i liked it if i didn't. Negative comments are good because they tell you a way to improve your work. And j-man, who is a nice man, understood it and immediately told this:

Quote[/b] ]For the next version, I'll certainly remove quite a few addons, Also, I plan to rewrite all the scripts so that they as less laggy and are easier on the eyes of other people Hopfully, I'll be able to add career jobs as well

So pablo, if you are a false person it's not my problem, i tell all the truth and i speak only with fair pplz who wants to know the truth, not only good job great job.

This mission is awesome! smile_o.gif You really did a good work, but it lags a bit. confused_o.gif This is one of my favorite OFP missions ever.

Oh, btw, I found a few bugs.

-Even if I dont drive the car, I'm still losing the fuel.

-Refueling doesn't work sometimes. Especially in Morton's fuelstation... and one near the airfield...

Actually when I looked again, only 'Extra fuel' refuels my car.

-I cant go fishing anymore after my first fishings.

-I cant buy anything from the Farmers Marker after I bring the mule back to the woman in Laruns.

pretty good mission.

But, is there any way to buy diffrent clothes? Im not criticizing your choice here but...Dude looks like he's a bit light in the feet if you know what I mean. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

If you cant buy new clothes, maybe its something to think about in an update maybe?

sorry about my link j-man, my ftp host has gone down, it should be back up soon though, i think hes doing updates, you wil lalso notice my sig is gone sad_o.gif

I'm playing your mission and loving it. The police station got me thinking though. If you have a police station, why not police missions for those who want a little excitement. Stuff like, "Gang X is holed up in Town Z, tke two policemen and take them out." You could randomly spawn the baddies in any of the set locations, but maybe they should outnumber the player and his police buddies, for a challenge. Maybe the more of your partners that survive the mission, the more money you get. Just something I thought up.

i was thinking it too, to add work as policemen, but i think it will change all the game face. But some random gang generation could be cool.

very fun mission. just to let you know one of the moneys lying on the ground doesnt go away and it gives you infinite $$$. yeah and it was really easy to massace all government forces and civilans on the island. and when you take the ferry u can drown when u get off.

i gave it a go J-man, it was well worth it, there were a few errors, but most things work fine biggrin_o.gif, i was glad to find my money addons lying around biggrin_o.gif, though i think i might have been better to just deletevehicle them instead of setpossing them into the ground.

Thanks you all for you suggestions. The mission does seem to lack action, so mabey some police action would be helpfull.

The next version might take some time since i'm reworking all the large scripts to help reduce lag wink_o.gif

The island is also going to be updated so that it dosn't look so similar to Everon.

Quote[/b] ]So pablo, if you are a false person it's not my problem, i tell all the truth and i speak only with fair pplz who wants to know the truth, not only good job great job.

my point was that there is a good way to say something and a bad way to say something; how would you like it if you took your mother to the hospital, and an hour later the doctor comes to you in the waiting room and just says, "hey, you're mom's dead. can you fill out these forms for me?" it may seem like a completely different situation but the same rule applies: there is a nice way to say something, and a not-so-nice way to say something.

and yes, i understand the irony of breaking this rule myself when responding to your first post.

Good idea. That would be nice for all...

*Gets ready to kiss your ass and clean your shoes with my tounge* biggrin_o.gif

It would be cool if you could take on a job as a police officer.I alwayus liked that old OFP canpaign "Life Story" but it was rather short.Hunt down criminals and stuff.That would add flavor to this. smile_o.gif

I really want to try this mission out.. And i got problems finding the "Devil Vehicle pack" as it seems as OFPEC removed the downloads in this list sad_o.gif HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

I've been able to find every addon needed to play this mission(i think) expect: SWAT Units (Pops + Jacek), SWAT weapon #1 and SWAT weapon #2.

Could someone post a working download link or send these addons to me via email?

Can someone put em all together?

Someone who already has them? Its a PITA with broken links ect.