Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

Attention LUPUS

Is the helicopter you show on in this picture released yet? Looks great I have been hanging for a tiger. Is this a rework n the MMP one?

Cheers

Attention LUPUS

Is the helicopter you show on in this picture released yet? Looks great I have been hanging for a tiger. Is this a rework n the MMP one?

Cheers

In his post:

Quote[/b] ]unreleased modified version of Biz' Tiger helicopter
also im curious how lupus edited his dxdll, lupus do you care to share it with us or does somebody else know how to hexedit it ?

I guess he edited the waterbump.png which you can edit by going to (default)

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\dxdll\textures

also im curious how lupus edited his dxdll, lupus do you care to share it with us or does somebody else know how to hexedit it ?

i can think of getting the checksum of the current textures & from tex´s i want to reflect water, then searching for the original check# with hex editor in the dll and replacing it with the new checksum rock.gif

anythhing more possible by editing ?

I use a different textures\waterbump.png texture

waterbump.png

derived from data\specular_dx.paa

+

my own personal mod with custom materials and specular highlight in which water color and highlights are slightly modified (without any modification to the textures)

Yes, I suppose you could hexedit or reverse engineer dxdll to match the checksum with another texture than regular ofp water, but that's not what i did, and i am not too sure keg and feer would agree ;P

oh surprise surprise, i didn´t look into the textures folder yet so i didn´t know what to do with the strange black´ish pics you posted in cpIII tounge_o.gif

thanks mate

to feer & kegetys:

i lost all my editing feelings, will mess around with textures and the materials.cpp for now smile_o.gif

Just a quick question for Parvus. Please do not take this the wrong way, I am simply trying to help. On this page you posted some really nice screens of an MH-47E flying over the Afghan Island and some troops were parachuting out of it. What bothered me was the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) patch at the bottom. Did you know that no unit in the Army has MH-47Es except the 160th SOAR? Also, the 101st Airborne does not parachute anymore, we were transformed into the Army's first air assault unit during Vietnam. I hope you don't think I am a dick, I am only trying to help you make your screens accurate. I have always enjoyed your screenshots, keep it up!

Monty

Delta Co. 4/101st

Fort Campbell, KY

With all these Awesome screenshots, I wish my Photoshop Trial hadn't run out....

Great pics everyone.

http://www.furor-normannicus.de/images/kram/hilux/Image1.jpg

http://www.furor-normannicus.de/images/kram/hilux/Image2.jpg

http://www.furor-normannicus.de/images/kram/hilux/Image3.jpg

And a rainy version of the last pic:

http://www.furor-normannicus.de/images/kram/hilux/Image4.jpg

Addons:

- Mekong Delta Island (by Hell's Circus)

- Llauma Sky

- Toyota Hilux by WOLF, retextured by me (private collection)

I love Hjaldar's reskin of Lt Damage's Hilux...especially the license plate! tounge_o.gif

On a sidenote, I'm sure if you asked LD he would give you the nod to release it, he's a very reasonable guy. wink_o.gif

Thanks! I`m not fully confident with the textures yet but when they`re done I may go and ask him for permission.

I made the textures for CTI purposes, it's a rebel vehicle there.

smile_o.gif

Hjaldar the textures are nice! Think of the poor guinea pigs Hjaldar, think of the guinea pigs.  wink_o.gif

Thanks for the compliments AimPoint and Messiah. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]adrenaline red you've just come off a 48hr PR and WL+ for posting images over 100kb, so surely common sense dictates you check the first images you post on your return?

WL+2 & 48hr PR.

Edit: Ahh I understand now why you cannot follow the rules, you're a previously perm banned member with a duplicate account, ban is now permanent then.

Hey! You didn't put a pic with that post! mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

I've heard Czech winters are harsh so I need a new coat wink_o.gif

On a sidenote, I'm sure if you asked LD he would give you the nod to release it, he's a very reasonable guy.

Thanks Major Fubar, I haven't laughed so hard in ages biggrin_o.gif

Para