Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

CAT's Afghanistan Revisited 1.2

any nice long dynamic coop missions out?

Check the links in the first post. smile_o.gif

Oh... if you mean dynamic campaign type coop missions, these are still being worked on. smile_o.gif

It's a wonderful map, it looks a lot more realistic than most. Rolling desert, great mountains, wadis and valleys everywhere, even the rocks and use of foliage is bang on. Hats off to you biggrin_o.gif

Wow ..... running the SE version, very nice in deed. Good work Smith.

As for lag, Im surprised on that front too, the islands loads surprisingly quick and the lowest I got was flying over a town @ 15fps ..... as for fight IN a town, thats much better.

Beautiful, different landscape ...... will truely lead to other interesting missions.

Gnat @ April 16 2005,12:24)]Wow ..... running the SE version, very nice in deed. Good work Smith.

As for lag, Im surprised on that front too, the islands loads surprisingly quick and the lowest I got was flying over a town @ 15fps ..... as for fight IN a town, thats much better.

Beautiful, different landscape ...... will truely lead to other interesting missions.

Yeah, that trick with the lag in town is something that many mapmakers seem not to be fully aware of. If you limit the viewdistance inside the town by placing tall buildings (even if they're hi-poly), you'll get a substantial fps boost. As for flying over the town, well... you can't do much about that.

But still, ground-based combat is what OFP is about and even on my low-end test machine, performance inside the town was acceptable. smile_o.gif

Yep.. Well done ag_smith this is an awesome piece of work (credits to CAT_SHIT_ONE for the original). Definately one of my favourate islands.

Thank You.

biggrin_o.gif

I must admit, that now this island is better than Tonal. I play on it much more often than bas island. biggrin_o.gif Great job my friend.

we really need some modern and up to date middle east civs... anyone know how to do this?? to somehow retexture the clothes of the Rebels and remove the weapons?? And we need Middle Eastern Anims too... i need about 10 to 12 Civs praying outside the mosque.

Munk and where's my rabbit? are already working on them. Just sit down and wait. smile_o.gif

EDIT:

My post no. 1000. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I've just found one more mission using this island, Search&Rescue by Pred. Rather simple but still quite enjoyable. Link in the first post. smile_o.gif

Great island, AG_smith

Respectable lag, even on my shitty comp. smile_o.gif

Hey AG_Smith!

Start with a nice vehicle at the airport. Drive along the dirt road that runs northward out of the airport. Follow this road for some time, eventually you will come to a village. Continue to follow this road through the village... OMG what is that?!?! It's a clothes line in the middle of the road! biggrin_o.gif

Might want to fix that sometime...hahaha. Great Map Anyway, I give it a 5 outta 5... especially cause there is zero lag!

Are you sure you are using the latest version? I could have sworn that I fixed this one. rock.gif

It's fixed in the version I have, as well.

Smith: I know my problem is my inability to code in OFP very well, and not your addon, so can you please give me a clue on how to make the sandstorm start and stop w/ the trigger? I'm assuming it's a boolean issue, but not sure how to make an object "true" or "false." I swear I didn't see this in the readme, honest.

Can't you just deletevehicle the object to stop the sandstorm?

Ahh, okay, and then createvehicle at a game logic to make it start? See, I'm just not well versed in the vocabulary of OFP. Guess that's why I'm always in the Command ref. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Not really...deletevehicle will not stop the sandstorm. Besides, I think this one has been covered in the readme. wink_o.gif

So, to start it with a trigger, you need to use this command in "On Activation":

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">CAT_SANDSTORM_OFF = false; [player] exec "\CATIntro\scripts\sandstorm2.sqs"

or for the light version:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">CAT_SANDSTORM_OFF = false; [player] exec "\CATIntro\scripts\sandstorm2LE.sqs"

Now, to stop it, you need to use:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">CAT_SANDSTORM_OFF = true;

That's just about it. Hope this helps. smile_o.gif

Crap.

My appologies. I never opened the html readme, as I assumed it was the same as the .txt one. Sure enough, it's all there. Sorry for wasting the bandwidth and time.

Only bug I found is a big rock with a ladder in middle of map you can't get climb up cause the begin point of the ladder is 3 meters under the ground.

I tested to setpos my self up on the rock and you can climb down and you go 3 meters under ground if you can fix it it would be nice wink_o.gif

after a little chat with Agent he told me he decided that most of island object will be reworked for better quality, and new version will be released for .... not OFP smile_o.gif cool heh ? wink_o.gif

after a little chat with Agent he told me he decided that most of island object will be reworked for better quality, and new version will be released for .... not OFP smile_o.gif cool heh ? wink_o.gif

Sweeet! biggrin_o.gif

Sweeet! biggrin_o.gif

Still sweet? rock.gif

It's gonna be released for ...no, not for VBS1! mad_o.gif For Battlefield Vietnam! Hah! tounge_o.gif

Ok. Just joking. tounge_o.gif