Sign in to follow this  
The_Cobra

Antonov 225

I was just wondering if someone know if a Antonov 225 can be downloaded somewhere. If there isn´t I would be really happy if someone made it, also so it can transsport vehicles inside it... I would hade made one myself but I can´t... sad_o.gif

Wouldn´t it be cool with the largest plane in the world for OFP?? tounge_o.gif

Biggest OFP aircraft is the AN-124.

I would like to see some vehicle-transport-scripts of the MI-26 used on this aircraft first.

MfG Lee

Ya we need the largest aircraft in OFP,but where would you fly it? I can picture alot of sea flying, as in ...off the map

I recall a msg i got from Konyak around christmas,I believe he is furthering the Antonov-124

So possibly he will better his great addon!

But still it would be nice to have larger transport like aircraft even though there can be LOD problems with large models. but im sure someone will wrk around it.

Alot of people are worried about AI handling problems, but actually the AN-124 addon flys extremely well with either a player or AI flying it. As long as the AN-225 is based off of the AN-124 model more or less (if thats possible), I think it might be possible that the excellent flight handling capabilities of that addon could be retained. If I'm not mistaken I think the AN-225 is basically a stretched version with two extra engines and a different type of tail designed to maintain maximum controlability when it carries oversized objects on its top (like the Buran space shuttle).

At any rate, definitely the older AN-124 could be greatly updated with some cargo scripts. Then it would be even more useful for things other then just paratrooper drops and movie cutscenes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The An-225 is a 'bit' larger than the an-124. It's bloody huge crazy_o.gif

It was supposed to carry the russian spaceshuttle and AFAIK only one has been made. Not too long ago they 'rediscoverd' it and updated it to modern standards with electronics, so it can savely function as the worlds largest cargo plane.

If I would ever have to choose a private-plane, I'll take this one. Enough room for a big house with gagare biggrin_o.gif

I would be nice to see this on in OFP as plane, but I'm not sure if the maps are big enough o have some real fun with this beast.

I think it would be quite cool to see this plane in OFP. Even if this was just used as a static version it would be a great plane in the setting of an airport.

Here is a nice website with some cool pics of it and words if you can read russian unlike me:

An-225

tounge_o.gif

sigh....so many want loading on aircraft......but no one wanna script it. Devil's or smokedribs, the pioneers of attaching scripts have led the way, and pretty useful to place stuff onboard but when the aircraft banks and turns, the goods does not follow.......

no one wanna further take it up to experiment the z axis, which accounts for the height when place off centre. I would have loved to meet the challenge but then i suck at maths. sad_o.gif

What about the script used on the MI-26? Wouldn't that work?

I really hope this is possible!

Maybe someone from the "our weapons" team can tell us more?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

What about the script used on the MI-26? Wouldn't that work?

I really hope this is possible!

Maybe someone from the "our weapons" team can tell us more?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Mmmm.. looking forward for this addon, it was always one of my favorites.

Ok, we all want it!

Who is gonna make it?

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

LOL!!  ^^^

Real ''eye candy''

No offence Lee, but I think you scaled it a bit too small tounge_o.gif

The size of this thing is beyond anything the world has seen before (when we are talking about airplanes)

No offence Lee, but I think you scaled it a bit too small  tounge_o.gif

I scaled what? rock.gif

This is the AN-124, and what we all want is the option to carry vehicle with it.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

"Heh, the Mi26 cargo scripts, needs work I'm afraind, and no it will not work on anything fixed winged like it does on the helos. I've blow the bird up a few dozen times making too sudden of a turn with it and creating the bounding box bounce bug which exploded the cargo then the helo. People are already bitching cause they can't use the FATBOY in MP without major issues.

Even more so folks pining about it who should know better about this issue, that I find rather sad. Seeing this thread is mostly because of somebody too lazy to use the "Search function". But I'm sure once a mod notices they will deal with it their way..

Even more so folks pining about it who should know better about this issue, that I find rather sad. Seeing this thread is mostly because of somebody too lazy to use the "Search function". But I'm sure once a mod notices they will deal with it their way..

I'm going to tell you what I have told other people - if you want to help, use (not abuse!!) the RTM function.

I will not tolerate you putting down other members and acting like a moderator. If you notice a problem, RTM. Don't act like a moderator.

Thanks.