Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

Why not just make up a conflict from scratch, set today? Btw, a setting like two years ahead of release date of the game is no good, cause it will probably be played so long and ya it will be like weird..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ April 03 2003,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cuban Missile Crisis<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, they wont make another "cold war" game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ April 03 2003,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ April 03 2003,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cuban Missile Crisis<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, they wont make another "cold war" game.<span id='postcolor'>

Operation Butterfly smile.gif Some Marines might know what I'm talking about. Aw well, it would only be a 1 mission game if it were that but hell, maybe I'll make the mission biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ April 03 2003,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ April 03 2003,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cuban Missile Crisis<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, they wont make another "cold war" game.<span id='postcolor'>

OFP won't be the same without some crazy Russians in it. Or at least crazy Russian/Soviet equipment. A setting with outdated equipment doesn't sound too appealing to me, I would like to see a full range of modern weaponry, expanded from what is in OFP now. Modern special forces, modern tanks, missile systems, and modern scenarios involving WMD, terrorism, etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Modern special forces, modern tanks, missile systems, and modern scenarios involving WMD, terrorism, etc.<span id='postcolor'>

You can have that now. Launch into the ME, plop yourself on a desert map, and wander around for a few hours.

Voila, Operation Iraqi Freedom.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Sorry, I couldnt resist! smile.gif

Unlike you guys, I think an historical 'what if' scenario could be a lot of fun. The lower technology makes the game al ot more intense, and less a 'shoot the luminous dot' on your thermal imaging system smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 04 2003,04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Modern special forces, modern tanks, missile systems, and modern scenarios involving WMD, terrorism, etc.<span id='postcolor'>

You can have that now.  Launch into the ME, plop yourself on a desert map, and wander around for a few hours.

Voila, Operation Iraqi Freedom.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Sorry, I couldnt resist! smile.gif

Unlike you guys, I think an historical 'what if' scenario could be a lot of fun.  The lower technology makes the game al ot more intense, and less a 'shoot the luminous dot' on your thermal imaging system smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

as long I dont get to play the Iraq's it would be okay whit thermal sighthing. If we had that in OFP it would be dificult to hide from tanks.

STGN

Would be good if they didnt just have two sides.. It'd get boring in the long run. Like Iraqi's as opfor like somone mentioned above.

Hi,

I just visited the site of the German PC magazine Gamestar .

In their news they mention, that they received an email from Marek Spanel, concerning the announcement of the new project (OFP2 !?). He wrote, that this announcement should have already shown up, but due to the Iraq conflict, this has been delayed...there was no information about a "new" date or so...

Just thought, that this is of interest ...  wink.gif

cya

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Commander-598 @ Mar. 31 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">50s? Can anyone say Korea?<span id='postcolor'>

Suprised this hasn't been mentioned more, that TV could have come from the 50's. Korea could be really cool. Also, since OFP has a fictional conflict, why couldn't OFP2 have a fictional conflict? The Berlin Crisis happened in 1960 or 61, imagine if that had blown up into something huge. Maybe it was 1959, I really don't remember.

The Czech invasion might be interesting from a Resistance point of view, but I don't know if that would really float my boat. I definitely would prefer not to play a Vietnam game, don't know why, but it just doesn't interest me in that way.

I have to confess that the original Operation Flashpoint was exactly what me and my friends were looking for after we grew up playing a game called Twilight 2000.

Well that's so selfish of Tony Blair, John Howard and Dubya! If it wasn't for them we'd know what the next project was by now. War might be cruel, but this is beyond it! I might join the peace movement if it means we get some info earlier!

wink.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

This is the article bionicman told about. Translated with Altavista´s Babel Fish

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> If one clicks the retreaded Website of Bohemia Interactive an attendance abstattet, then on Games and completely down scrollt, one sees a large white question mark apart from the announced Xbox version of operation Flashpoint. Already soon Bohemia wants to tell us however, what we according to Websiten text in 2. Quarter 2004 to expect know. We tap naturally on the hot-longed Sequel to the tactics Shooter hit of 2001.

In a Mail Marek Spanel, boss communicated to us with Bohemia, that the play should have been announced already long. But the outbreak of the war caused the responsible persons to a shift. Additionally Spanel vacated also all rumors over a possible co-operation with Take 2 ( we reported ) from the way one also the next plays over Codemasters will publish, wants however further independence to retain itself.<span id='postcolor'>

Made just as much sence to me in german as it did in that english translation confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We tap naturally on the hot-longed Sequel to the tactics Shooter hit of 2001. <span id='postcolor'>

So the 2nd q of 2004 is a somewhat expected release date ?

I hope so...I also hope they have worked ALOT with the game behind the scene so they are already a long way with it . biggrin.gif

okay, then I am going to translate it:

the original text was:

quote:

" Wenn man der runderneuerten Website von Bohemia Interactive einen Besuch abstattet, dann auf Games klickt und ganz runter scrollt, sieht man neben der angekündigten Xbox-Version von Operation Flashpoint ein großes weißes Fragezeichen. Schon bald will Bohemia uns jedoch verraten, was wir laut Websiten-Text im 2. Quartal 2004 erwarten können. Wir tippen natürlich auf das heißersehnte Sequel zum Taktik-Shooter-Hit von 2001.

In einer Mail teilte uns Marek Spanel, Chef bei Bohemia, mit, dass das Spiel schon längst hätte angekündigt werden sollen. Aber der Ausbruch des Kriegs veranlasste die Verantwortlichen zu einer Verschiebung. Zusätzlich räumte Spanel auch alle Gerüchte über eine mögliche Zusammenarbeit mit Take 2 ( wir berichteten ) aus dem Weg. Man werde auch die nächsten Spiele über Codemasters veröffentlichen, will sich aber weiterhin die Unabhängigkeit bewahren."

Translation:

"If you drop by the new BI website, click on the games section and scroll down to the bottom, you can see a big white question mark next to the announced XBOX version of OFP. But soon, Bohemia will tell us, what we have to expect in Q2/ 2004. Surely, we guess, that this is the long awaited sequel to the successful tactical-shooter-hit from 2001.

Via email Marek Spanel, boss at BI, told us, that this game should already have been announced, but due to the outbreak of war, the responsible persons decided a delay. Additionally, Marek made clear, that the rumours of a cooperation with Take2 are wrong.

The next games, will be published by Codemasters; furthermore, this means, that BI wants to keep its independence."

--- EOF ---

hope, this is helpful... wink.gif

cya,

bionicman

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">will be published by Codemasters<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif i was hoping for some one else this time

BIS doest have to use Codemasters do they? Unless the contract said that BIS couldnt "sell" the engine to another company(the other company of course would be owned by BIS) or something like BIS Australia?

Guest ####

Codemasters is just the publisher. They are responcible for most of the promotion and distribution of the games. BIS holds the rights to the game engine and the design of future products. VBS1 is an example of another company that uses the software created by BIS, codemasters would have very little to do with the business arrangement between the two.

Announcement OFP 2 later because of Irak?

The Website ofBomehmia Interactive has recently a new site. Next to all the pupolar OFP games and expansion sets there is now also a box with the text “Unannounced Coming 2004â€.

This "made a bel ring at gamestar". A mail to Bomehmia Interactive has the words of liberty(I know this sounds stupid but it's the best word I could come up with). Because, Yes, They mean operationflashpoint 2 with this game  wow.gif . The announcement has been delayed by the war in iraq. Soon can we expect an official announcement.

German:

"Wenn man der runderneuerten Website von Bohemia Interactive einen Besuch abstattet, dann auf Games klickt und ganz runter scrollt, sieht man neben der angekündigten Xbox-Version von Operation Flashpoint ein großes weißes Fragezeichen. Schon bald will Bohemia uns jedoch verraten, was wir laut Websiten-Text im 2. Quartal 2004 erwarten können. Wir tippen natürlich auf das heißersehnte Sequel zum Taktik-Shooter-Hit von 2001. "

The game release will be somewhere in 2004.

Sorry for my very bad english(I'm not a Englishman or a German,I'm dutch so there! and no I can't translate the german part!    

Hopefully they will release screenies SOON!

Original message:

WWW.GAMERS.NL

Aankondiging Operation Flashpoint 2 later door Irak

De website van Bomehmia Interactive heeft recentelijk een facelift ondergaan. Naast de al bekende Operation Flashpoint games en uitbreidingen is er ook een doos met een vraagteken verschenen, waaronder de tekst “Unannounced Coming 2004†staat.

Dit intrigeerde de mannen van Gamestar. Een mailtje naar Bomehmia Interactive heeft echter voor het verlossende woord gezorgd. Want, ja, ze bedoelen Operation Flashpoint 2 met deze game. De aankondiging is tot nu toe echter uitgebleven vanwege de oorlog in Irak. Binnenkort kunnen we een officiële aankondiging verwachten.

Wenn man der runderneuerten Website von Bohemia Interactive einen Besuch abstattet, dann auf Games klickt und ganz runter scrollt, sieht man neben der angekündigten Xbox-Version von Operation Flashpoint ein großes weißes Fragezeichen. Schon bald will Bohemia uns jedoch verraten, was wir laut Websiten-Text im 2. Quartal 2004 erwarten können. Wir tippen natürlich auf das heißersehnte Sequel zum Taktik-Shooter-Hit von 2001.

Het spel wordt in de zomer van 2004 verwacht.

Bohemia Interactive continues on development of state of the art games and on research of advanced real-time 3D graphics, artificial inteligence and physical simulation technologies for real-time interactive environments. Another major game from Bohemia Interactive Studio is under development right now with expected release date in Q2(NOOOOOO why?!wink.gif 2004.

Orginal treat

i dont know if tis is offtopic or not, but someone said it would be cool to have it ww2. I dont know what bis ppl think, but if it was they mite scrap the idea of heli';s (no heli's in ww2 i think) and so BAS would be buggered, as they make great heli's. also, there's enough ww2 games out there that did it realy well, such as MOHAA, and if if it was worth it, someone would make an new version of H&D which was like ofp but not as good. a new H&D would be good but a waste of time. i guess.

the_unknown_one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ April 05 2003,13:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont know if tis is offtopic or not, but someone said it would be cool to have it ww2. I dont know what bis ppl think, but if it was they mite scrap the idea of heli';s (no heli's in ww2 i think) and so BAS would be buggered, as they make great heli's. also, there's enough ww2 games out there that did it realy well, such as MOHAA, and if if it was worth it, someone would make an new version of H&D which was like ofp but not as good. a new H&D would be good but a waste of time. i guess.

the_unknown_one<span id='postcolor'>

Well H&D 2 is slated for a 2003 release biggrin.gif

No game has ever done WW2 as well as Opf could do WW2, yes MOHAA was a fun game but I don't recall my Grandad telling me stories about the time he was patrolling down a road and had to stop because there was an invisible wall, get my point? smile.gif

Umm, sorry, I'm passed out and posted in the wrong place AGAIN...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 05 2003,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course I will buy OFP2, if I have any money left I will.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

maybe wrong topic wink.gif

crazy.gif Oops, I need to get more rest I think... damn war kept me busy last night. smile.gif