gc8

Vehicle cargo capacity

Hello

I'm looking for a way to determine how much stuff (weapons,mags) can a vehicle hold in it's inventory. But when I look in HEMTT config all I can find is "transportMaxWeapons" which is 64 for both HEMTT without any cargo space and HEMTT with box loaded on its back. Which doesn't make sense when because the other HEMTT has no cargo space on it's back. So does anyone know how to get the vehicle's inventory size?

I'm also looking for scripts that allow objects to be loaded in the vehicle, so if anyone can recommend a script it would be nice. 

thx!

I don't know if there is a command or a config for that... but if you can't find one a last resort would be to write a simple loop to add weapons/items into the HEMTT until it fails at some maximum, then you will know.  A simple experiment might answer this for you.

The problem is that vehicles have "maximumLoad" config but the values BIS has put there don't make much sense. All the HEMTT have same value (3000) and tempest too. And hatchback for example has 2000 which is way too much. And lot of the different size vehicles just have it at 3000...

That's how the numbers are. If transportMaxWeapons is 64, then you can put up to 64 small arms weapons into the truck. It doesn't matter how the 3d model looks, whether it is already a "box" loaded.

19 minutes ago, gc8 said:

The problem is that vehicles have "maximumLoad" config but the values BIS has put there don't make much sense. All the HEMTT have same value (3000) and tempest too. And hatchback for example has 2000 which is way too much. And lot of the different size vehicles just have it at 3000...

That's a shame, but you can script your own limits if its important enough for your particular mission.  As always, more work....no rest for the wicked.

• Sad 1