phronk

moveToFailed - What determines failure?

I started playing with the moveTo, moveToCompleted, and moveToFailed commands and am confused as to what determines the moveTo command has failed.  I spawned a waitUntil which checked for both completed/failed and it only fired when the guy completed his moveTo.  Killing him did not trigger a failure.  I didn't extensively test it with difficult to reach locations, but what exactly can make the moveTo return as failed?

• Like 1

moveTo probably fails when the pathfinding fails. 

On 12/10/2017 at 4:06 AM, phronk said:

I started playing with the moveTo, moveToCompleted, and moveToFailed commands and am confused as to what determines the moveTo command has failed.  I spawned a waitUntil which checked for both completed/failed and it only fired when the guy completed his moveTo.  Killing him did not trigger a failure.  I didn't extensively test it with difficult to reach locations, but what exactly can make the moveTo return as failed?

A bridge. LOL :smileee:

No idea but I am guessing either what @gc8 said or, if you have multiple moveTo commands in FSM? Just guessing here though. The only thing I could find was this note here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/doFSM

See @rübe's comment at bottom.

• Like 1