How to create a task with the Editor,where a helicopter destroys a building?

Hi all,

I would like to know how to create a task ,where a building would be destroyed by the Al with a helicopter,while creating a scenario with the Eden editor, but not with codes or with the MCCC 4 Sandbox!

Please only via the Eden editor!

I would also like to know how to choose with which weapons the building would be destroyed with the helicopter!

Please tell me !

Thanks to all in advance!

Best regards

I don't think you should ever limit yourself to the eden editor, you will only limit your knowledge and overall ability to edit your mission to your liking.

I recommend you take a look at this: Arma 3 Tasks Overhaul , and combine it with a condition like follows:

switch(damage _building) do 
{
	case 1 :
	{
		_destroyBuildingTask setTaskState "succeeded";
	};
};

ultimately you will need to return the building as an object.
You can do this with commands like: nearestTerrainObjects

or you can give the building a variable name and reference it in script.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

I don't think you should ever limit yourself to the eden editor, you will only limit your knowledge and overall ability to edit your mission to your liking.

I recommend you take a look at this: Arma 3 Tasks Overhaul , and combine it with a condition like follows:

switch(damage _building) do 
{
	case 1 :
	{
		_destroyBuildingTask setTaskState "succeeded";
	};
};

ultimately you will need to return the building as an object.
You can do this with commands like: nearestTerrainObjects

or you can give the building a variable name and reference it in script.

Dear Midnighters,thank you for replying!

But anyway,at this moment I would like to know how to destroy a building with a chopper only via the editor maybe because I am a noob!

So I would please you to help me,and tell me how to I do that via the editor!

I would be very grateful!

5 hours ago, orllak32 said:

Dear Midnighters,thank you for replying!

But anyway,at this moment I would like to know how to destroy a building with a chopper only via the editor maybe because I am a noob!

So I would please you to help me,and tell me how to I do that via the editor!

I would be very grateful!

It's hard. Arma's engine is not friendly minded for firing at something else than enemies. Your building has no side.

You can place a laser target (little script) then fire at it with laser guided ammunition. The laser target is often "killed" in one shot or even disappear (non persistent, I don't know why!) but after firing, the missile is not so accurate as to destroy every time the building. So, You have to add a code to make it destroyed along with the laser target.

You have to choose a destroyable building. Some of them don't have any destroyed model. Tanoa is a pity for that.

So let's place a game logic (F5) logic entities.

In init field of this logic:

0 = [] spawn {
  _build = (nearestTerrainObjects [[10958.5,12162.7,5], ["house","building"],10]) select 0;
  _build setVariable ["dam",damage _build];
  while {true} do {
    _tgt = createVehicle ["LaserTargetW",[10958.5,12162.7,5], [], 0, ""];
    waitUntil {sleep 0.3; !alive _tgt};
    if  (damage _build - (_build getVariable ["dam",0]) > 0.1) exitWith {_build setDammage 1};
}};

Of course you have to change the coordinates!

Finding the accurate coordinates: Your laser target must be visible, helicopter not too low. To find the best place, I'm reading the coordinate at the foot of the facade. Right click, copy the coordinate, paste it. The z is always 0. So, let's change for 3 or 5 meters high. To check if ok, I place a helper sphere and move it: this setpos (position) in init field. If OK, let's run!

• Like 1