notproplayer3

Truck loading squad problem

Here's the situation :

-I've got a truck that first has a load waypoint and then a transport unload waypoint

-I've got a squad (I am playing as the squad leader) that has a get in waypoint synchronized to the truck's load waypoint and then a get out waypoint synchronized to the truck's transport unload waypoint

The problem is that when I get in the truck, it doesn't wait for the other units and goes directly to the transport unload waypoint (which works fine)

LOAD waypoint with this as the condition:

{_x in truck} count (units group player) == {alive _x} count (units group player);

Then your next waypoint would be the transport unload with this as the condition:

{_x in truck} count (units group player) == 0;

Then to clean it all up send your helicopter off and delete it, move waypoint with on act:

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew truck) + [truck]

Or, in the condition of the MOVE wp after the LOAD one

((!alive Unit1) or (Unit1 in truck)) and ((!alive Unit2) or (Unit2 in truck)) and ((!alive Unit3) or (Unit3 in truck)) and ((!alive Unit4) or (Unit4 in truck))

NOTE: "truck" is the name of your truck, and unit1 & 2 & 3...ecc are your squad.

• Like 1

Hello,

Just getting into the ARMA 3 editing, tried to copy the above command to set a vehicle pick up and drop off at another Location.

• So I have the 4 man squad which are set as playable but when only 1 person is involved the other 3 automatically set to AI.
  • I set up the "Load" way point so the truck drives forward and stops just in front of the spawn point.
  • I copied the text {_x in truck} count (units group player) == {alive _x} count (units group player); in that way point
  • I then set up the "Move" way point to the location, making sure it was set to 'safe' and 'normal speed' to make sure the group arrived safely and followed the roads.
  • I modified ((!alive Unit1) or (Unit1 in truck)) to ((!alive a1) or (a1 in v1)) to match my variable names.
  • I added the "Unload" way point

What I am noticing:

• I am not sure how to program AI to just go and run into the vehicle yet so I have been testing the scenario taking control of p1 my designated leader of the squad and issuing the command to get into the truck 
  • The AI follow the order due to the rank settings and as soon as I get into the truck it moves along the road to the location I have designated as the end of the 1st way point
  • On arrival it stops and then I get an error message "Error Alive: Type Group, Expected Object"

New to coding so forgive the newbishness