AdamWash

No more Armaholic.com ?!

Armaholic.com is down 404 error 
www.armaholic.com

R.I.P 

Not at all.

I am taking this nice opportunity to upgrade/update the server, making sure all our backups are up to date and some other stuff.

Site/server all works. I just closed it for public access.

I added a custom message to inform the visitor but it did not show due to an error and I did not want to waist my time on fixing that.

We will be back soon (unless the update fucks me all up)  :)

6 minutes ago, foxhound said:

Not at all.

I am taking this nice opportunity to upgrade/update the server, making sure all our backups are up to date and some other stuff.

Site/server all works. I just closed it for public access.

I added a custom message to inform the visitor but it did not show due to an error and I did not want to waist my time on fixing that.

Thanks for this great news!!! nothing can replace Armaholic nothing ! 

8 minutes ago, foxhound said:

Hope to see you back soon, i need my daily fix of armaholic :drinking:

• Like 3

Thanks!
Its a lot of work so it will take a bit of time. We currently serve over 2 TB's of Arma files and I am cleaning up things etc. Its best to do it all at once so it works quicker for me and users do not have to deal with server restarts (which can corrupt their downloads in some cases) and other issues while using our website etc.

OP... please don't label a thread this way

Nearly had a heartattack...

;)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, foxhound said:

If you need technical assistance (if it f**ks you all up) drop me a PM.

We are back...... some people might still find it impossible to reach the website. Your IP has either been banned (in most cases it should be lifted automatically) and/or the route to our server from your home connection is not yet fully updated as we are now protected by cloudflare and traffic to our servers have been routed,

I am so popular within the arma community people want to support me by sending me hundreds of requests to my website constantly. Luckely I appreciate their efforts so much I spend all my time to make sure we can still answer all those requests.

I have been working non stop since 02:00 am (didnt even sleep till now) to read a lot, change things and update the servers.

But!
The downloads are not working. I need to change some of the code of our website. I apologise to everyone who still enjoys our service but I can only do so much!

I will try to make the code work, I have a whole different system ready but it was actualy build for another change. I need to see/think if I will go for the new system or fix the current one.

Disclaimer:
Since I have no idea how much more popular I will become for being able to withstand my popularity it is possible at some point you can again not reach our website.

I will have to set our security more strict if that happens but Ihavent slept in 36 hours it is possible I am asleep when that happens.

Again sorry for the issue, thank some of your fellow Arma community members for it!

Thanks fox. Been loyal to the site since the start. 

Take your time and get it all fixed up

We are working on our server again! We have found some more ways which the attacker abused. We are fixing those and I will take this time to fix the downloads as well. So once we are back online people should be able to download again.

Once again, sorry for your trouble!

Apologies as well to our subscribers! We understand specially for you this is an annoying issue as you directly support us. We will make this up to you!

I am still working on things but I opened the server to the public again but I leave the site on maintence mode for now.

I hope to be done soon!

It is nice to see those who needed to read the original message have done so.

We will be in touch!

Armaholic4ever! :drinking2:Thanks to Foxhound for repairing the site now works even faster than it was !!!