Woah it's so good to be able to play on real servers...

You guys must bring this experimental build to bar with main branch.. I mean Guys Don't screw me after this taste of actually being able to play on KingOfThe Hill servers with more than 2 enemy players..

I don't have Windows. End of line!

Anyways

Few small issues..

"SuperKey" takes me back to Desktop on Ubuntu 17.10 Gnome (On Sa-Matra missions it is used to view info on other players)

Solved super key issue by switching gnome superkey settings left to right

Opening door with Action menu is... Maybe it's my own keybindings... I have to do furder investigations (Default action doesnt activate)

Solved by rebinding keys.

Voice chat doesn't send data to other players, i can hear others the automatic microphone volume thing works i believe! But nobody can hear me.

Dunno how this was solved but it works now. (restart maybe, or trolls didn't answer to me :D) (or the 500kb update)

The game settings configuration changes don't save. It Default every time I log on to a new mission(server) or restart game.

I think it was due to file coudn't be saved by game (accessed)

Edit - Redefining issues as PARTLY FIXED by configuration changes.

I will make bug reports on bug tracker asap..

2 hours ago, jonekone said:

"SuperKey" takes me back to Desktop on Ubuntu 17.10 Gnome (On Sa-Matra missions it is used to view info on other players)

This behaviour might depend on if you are running Wayland or Xorg. I assume you are running Wayland, so I suggest you try Xorg and see if that changes things.

From what I've seen so far, pressing the SuperKey with GNOME on Wayland always takes you to GNOME's activities view, no matter what game you are running. There's no exclusive fullscreen with Wayland and I don't think apps can take control of the SuperKey like they can in an Xorg session.

Im able to play on full "King Of The Hil" server (average 30 FPS, copied my level from Windows),  cannot play on servers with version 1.76.xxxxxx (half EPOCH servers) and all Battle Royale servers...

Generally not bad ;D

Where did you load your profile files? I should do that 2.

Edit. Found it.

./.local/share/bohemiainteractive/arma3/GameDocuments/Arma 3/

Also i'm running Xorg Nvidia, if I push alt+superkey the key works as intended.

10 hours ago, jonekone said:

Where did you load your profile files? I should do that 2.

Also i'm running Xorg Nvidia, if I push alt+superkey the key works as intended.

I just copied 2 files: "tom34.Arma3Profile" and "tom34.vars.Arma3Profile" from "Documents and Settings/UserName/Documents/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/tom34" to "/home/UserName/.local/share/bohemiainteractive/arma3/GameDocuments/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/tom34".

Remember to have the same nickname on Linux like on Windows othewise u can be banned on ALL KoH servers... (im not sure but maybe).

48 minutes ago, tom34 said:

I just copied 2 files: "tom34.Arma3Profile" and "tom34.vars.Arma3Profile" from "Documents and Settings/UserName/Documents/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/tom34" to "/home/UserName/.local/share/bohemiainteractive/arma3/GameDocuments/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/tom34".

Remember to have the same nickname on Linux like on Windows othewise u can be banned on ALL KoH servers... (im not sure but maybe).

Yeah I will thx :) Also i know Sa-Matra so he will fix my cocups.. But back to my level 75 again.. Nomore level 5 =D

On 11/14/2017 at 9:46 PM, tom34 said:

Just tested server "[EU#1] DesolationREDUX 0.2.1 - DayZ Chernarus+Connect" https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arma3/1491134 working without problems. ;D

Arma 3 doesn't download automatically the mods, I also tried to install all the necessary mods for that server in Steam Workshop but inside the game are show as uninstalled. How you manage to install it correctly? Thanks

On 18.11.2017 at 12:38 PM, Foresthermit said:

Arma 3 doesn't download automatically the mods, I also tried to install all the necessary mods for that server in Steam Workshop but inside the game are show as uninstalled. How you manage to install it correctly? Thanks

Sorry for late answer. ;)

You need to copy manually mods from /steam/steamapps/workshop/content/****** and copy to ARMA3 folder. Each mod copy to different folder, in ARMA 3 folder.

My launch options:

"-mod=@desolation_redux;@cup_terrains_-_core;@southzagoriaterrain -nologs -nomap -nosplash -noFilePatching -world=empty"

If you use the same folders like mine you not need change anything ;)

22 hours ago, tom34 said:

Sorry for late answer. ;)

You need to copy manually mods from /steam/steamapps/workshop/content/****** and copy to ARMA3 folder. Each mod copy to different folder, in ARMA 3 folder.

My launch options:

"-mod=@desolation_redux;@cup_terrains_-_core;@southzagoriaterrain -nologs -nomap -nosplash -noFilePatching -world=empty"

If you use the same folders like mine you not need change anything ;)

Thank you very much! I will try this weekend. The launcher doesn't work in Linux?, I am afraid that if everyone that want to use a lot of mods have to do this would be discouraging for a lot of players.

On 22.11.2017 at 10:22 PM, Foresthermit said:

Thank you very much! I will try this weekend. The launcher doesn't work in Linux?, I am afraid that if everyone that want to use a lot of mods have to do this would be discouraging for a lot of players.

Np bro ;)

Here is explined how to play Exile and download manually all addons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLGmahxF4ZQ

and https://armaonunix.gitlab.io/modded.html (at bottom).