nicoliani

New to modding

Please bare as I'm new to modding, and don't know anything.

So far I have Blender with Arma Toolbox and Arma 3 Tools.

My scenario is this: I wish to make some grenade traps

1. Can I use some ingame Arma resources and import them into Blender, so I don't have to make a grenade from scratch? If yes, how is the procedure?
  2. Can I use some jpeg image of a grenade, import it to Blender and customise it? How?
  3. Miraculously I mod these items, how do I make them functional and implement them to work as intended?

A2 samples should have grenades. If you have the blender toolbox you can import/export without problem

Along the same lines. I always wished Arma 3's gunships internal cockpits were of higher quality for instance. Exporting these to blender and enhancing these (polys and textures) without rebuilding the entire module from scratch, is that even possible? I read in another post that we don't have the proper p3d files to work with. Is that why you referred the op to arma II assets sample files? I am just trying to gauge whether one has to start from scratch or simply can de-pbo a vanilla arma 3 vehicle and touch things up a bit. Adding proper nuts and bolts and 3d switches and stuff with higher res. textures for the Kajman and Blackfoot for instance.

no, extracting and modifying current Arma 3 content is not permitted (and not possible with the tools). So what you would want to do is unfortunately not possible currently.

Huh...i was totally oblivious to this. When i come to think of it, i can't really recall a mod that ''really touches'' a current arma vehicle concerning the actual model. So all this stuff like a turret added to the Hunter or a refueling boom i have seen for the Ghosthawk are additions made from scratch for these arma 3 assets? These are then probably not 'baked' into the vanilla asset but standalone and when you load the addon, it is 'placed or attached' to the vanilla asset via config i reckon? Is that the way its mostly done?