1 hour ago, miasdad said:

As it stands now..I'm perfectly content with what you've done. I've been waiting for someone to  add a winter texture to Altis forever. Naturally,though, some people are gonna expect you to give'em the moon.

I was just suggesting, can't you see? :|

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greenfist said:

I really love this. Great work! Makes Altis feel so homely for a northern dweller like me.

DONnJ8wX4AE_8Ke.jpg:large

can i steal that picture ahah +1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crazy mike said:

can i steal that picture ahah +1

Sure, go ahead if you find an use for it. :)

• Like 2

Anyone else having an issue where there is no ambient sound on the map?

the only ambient sounds atm are wind and tree creaking, i just loaded ingame and those sounds are playing

also the random metal sounds from metal mempoints

Loving the map so far. Just need to find some nice looking winter uniforms to go with it! Hopefully we'll see even more improvements and content come out. :grinning:

ill be watching tons of those "10 hours of ___" youtube videos for some more nice sounds that play during winter and incorporate them into the map, something ill look to doing is adding snow effects to trees of large snow clumps falling and the accompanying soundtrack, arma has a few sound affects that would sound appropriate during winter but id like to have the map sound as lively as possible, just maybe not as annoying as the cricket soundset on every damn bush haha

also automatic cold breath for units

• Like 3

id like to have the map sound as lively as possible,

... then again winter is generally quieter for the most part. Even vehicles are much quieter in winter, but then again that's a whole other can of worms (JSRS). As far as wildlife sounds go, maybe some sparse blue jay, sparrow, crow, and cardinal sounds. The humming of all the bugs should be gone.

Would you mind if I critique the sounds of the cracking of trees? Admittedly I have tried to learn how to do a few things for Arma and I just can't, so I appreciate how much work goes into making a mod.

The tree cracking IMHO, might be a bit loud and repetitious. It sounds as if the cracking is always coming from the same position in my headset. A bit hard to explain but I wonder if those sounds could be heard as if coming from random places in the map as you move through it. Some might be loud as if directly overhead, while others might be heard from further away front, back, right, left, and thus a bit quieter.

Thanks for a beautiful perspective.

the tree creaking comes from mempoints on the tree itself, it should be playing in 3d from the tree

Great work, crazy mike! :thumbsup: 

Just the thing for an avid RAVAGE player like me!  Gonna head out & subscribe ASAP now!

And BIG :respekt:  for pulling that off in... what was it, 48 hours?  :respekt: again!!!

When near villages or towns maybe add some ambient wind chimes in for the wonderful warfare wintertime wonderland experience

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, froggyluv said:

When near villages or towns maybe add some ambient wind chimes in for the wonderful warfare wintertime wonderland experience

tpw's soap script could easily cater for that kind of thing. ^^ 

@crazy mike, Is it possible for the stone walls to get a retexture?....

Spoiler

DvnQf85.jpg

oGvnf9C.jpg

• Like 7

I really DO hope you get the large follower/subscriber base for your mod that it deserves!

I checked it out on the fully supported islands and on Esseker, and even on the latter it was awesome to have the snowflakes tumble down.  And the good thing is one can simply load your mod alongside ANY map and will get the snow right there, right then with ZERO coding effort!  And if I slap it on an existing mission with bad benson's or heros survive temperature scripts already present, it will make you feel cold since your snow is based off the BIS rain!

Good Job - and keep going!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tourist said:

I really DO hope you get the large follower/subscriber base for your mod that it deserves!

I checked it out on the fully supported islands and on Esseker, and even on the latter it was awesome to have the snowflakes tumble down.  And the good thing is one can simply load your mod alongside ANY map and will get the snow right there, right then with ZERO coding effort!  And if I slap it on an existing mission with bad benson's or heros survive temperature scripts already present, it will make you feel cold since your snow is based off the BIS rain!

Good Job - and keep going!

I checked out G.O.S.  Leskovets, and some of the trees and other foliage are winterized.  But the snow slider produces rain.  On Bekatov are  no trees or foliage are winterized, and, like the Leskovets map, the snow weather slider produces rain.  Zernovo and Moschnyi are the same as Bekatov.  So, it appears that the Winter 2035 mod works on natively produce Arma 3 maps, but not on Arma 2 ported maps.

Edited by badanov
Added data

19 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

tpw's soap script could easily cater for that kind of thing. ^^ 

Sm1UzPG.jpg

Always had big love for Altis, still my favorite place to be, this mod has made the place a bit more special.

You know EO, I wish your "tall grass" mod would work with this mod, ala frosted version. It would completely work as snow cover! Hint hint...

• Like 4

On 11/12/2017 at 3:42 PM, tourist said:

And the good thing is one can simply load your mod alongside ANY map and will get the snow right there, right then with ZERO coding effort!

Any map? Maybe I'm missing something. It works for Stratis and Altis but no others that I've tried.

36 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Any map? Maybe I'm missing something. It works for Stratis and Altis but no others that I've tried.

i havent modified caworld yet thus it will only work on altis and stratis right now

• Like 1

Out of random interest I tried Malden while running this mod. It's a little odd having a circle of snow expand as you move, feels cold as hell though. Shame you don't have time to deal with that world map :(
The fact I get cold shiveres sat in a warm room just goes to show how well your mod works though :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

On 16.11.2017 at 8:24 PM, crazy mike said:

i havent modified caworld yet thus it will only work on altis and stratis right now

does that mean you want to edit the CA World in the future?