yxpoh

[MP] Birdy Wars - Where Little Birds Soar! [Mainly PvE and Indirect PvP/Full PvP, Sector Control]

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma    

Trailer:

Welcome to BIRDY WARS - WHERE Little Birds SOAR....

LOL.. yeah.. always wanted to do something like that.. anyway,

This is a mission I made based of "Heliborne" with focus on only ground support. Wanted the game with an Arma 3 flight model, so this is what I came out with. A project made out of fun, but I thought it would be fun so I decided to put in the workshop.

I wanted to play Heliborne but I was looking for something closer to Arma 3's flight model and also wanted an actual reason to transport units and land them, rather than the usual heli-taxi mission you see made in the community. (Not because that's what the waypoint says, but because you have to insert the troops there to maybe flank or capture the sector faster.)

So Birdy Wars is what came out of that desire. (I ended up focusing on this so much more than actually learning how to fly the helicopter though... T-T )

Wonder if I can make a trailer out of it :P

Steam Workshop

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1174045120

Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rclahashddpbnxh/BirdyWarsV153b.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Quick SP and MP Description:

SP (player in MP actually)

- Be able to practise transporting troops to LZ or doing combat runs on AI running around to secure sectors

- Just fly.... Don't bother about anything else

MP

- Go against each other to support your ground AI units to capture the sectors.

- Play in Either Ground support Only or Pilot vs Pilot

Actual Feature Description:

- 6v6 Ground Support Only or Pilot vs Pilot modes (Set in Parameters; WIP)
- 3v3 Ground-based Support (1 armed and 2 unarmed vehicles.)
- AI-based Sector Control (You support the AI to capture the Sector)
- Pawnee for combat roles and Humming Bird for support roles(Spotting, Reinforcements)

- Vehicles available same way with armed and unarmed(only reinforcing.)
- Spotting:- Apply enemy side in range with smoke/flares depending on day/night. (range set in parameters)
- Reinforcements:- Pick up small units from base and inserting them close to sectors to make them assist the attack on the ground.
- Simple Repair and Rearm function back in base after landed and engine turned off.
- "Advanced" AI to move/attack sectors according to sectors controlled.
- AI Patrols on sectors taken by their sides accordingly
- Map Tracker to help keeping friendly units' position in check
- RHS compatible; Specifically RHS USAF and AFRF. (Set in parameters too.). Default in Vanilla mode. RHS MELB and Humvee used for RHS Enabled games.

- Added Parameter to allow armed players and also Virtual Arsenal ammobox near Spawn area. (Off by Default)

Some Screens.

Spoiler

Picking up Your Reinforcements back in Base

80DB912CE770A7BC80D564753383AB944360DEB0

Just Inserted the Reinforcements

F56207869170A4DD6AA0BFAEDDF6CA0679F52F94

Spotting Enemies will result in the enemies within distance set in Parameters to be revealed via Smoke to assist your combat pilots to strike them!
FCD9FC69B03910FA024694AC234F24167488D58E

Roadmap(Might sound a bit too massive though, lol)
- Better Clean-up system
- AI polishing. (Not like FFIS or bcombat, but just how the AI's waypoints is being decided.)
- Limitations of different features to prevent overuse/server crash.

Nonetheless, I do hope you had fun! Also, please do comment in regards to possible bugs so I can try to solve it as there is a limit to how much I can search and find with a single brain.

PS: Please don't expect quick response and also quick solution to issues as I am doing this in my free time from work. Hope you can understand. Thanks.

• Like 6

Looks fun. Will give it a time later.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

• Like 1

Fixed Major bug after manual helicopter spawn.
- Insert, Pickup Reinforcements and Spotting should be working again.

Really sorry for this major bug after I got the helicopter spawn done. Please use the Steam Workshop.

Forgot to tell you when I tested... When learning, quickly turn engine off, activate action via scroll menu then start engine and fly off. It still rearms you. Not a breaking bug but yeah.

• Like 1

Thanks.

T-T Finally, someone telling me about the issues..

PS: I will see how I can solve it. Thanks again.

please add more images and a simple demo video :don13:

it sounds pretty cool, but you need to improve the visual presentation please 

• Thanks 1

Updated V1.42
- Solved a bug on opfor Helicopter Spawn
- Solved a glitch where you can just start your engine after starting Repair. (Thanks to HazJ for pointing it out)

PS: Tested on Server, so it should be working just fine.

Updated V1.43

- Added RHS MELB Helicopters if RHS is enabled. Thanks to PokerTour's suggestion.
- Because of countermeasures in those helicopters, RHS Squad has been tweaked to include AA so be ready! :D
- Also, Reinforcements does not include AA to prevent player spam, so only the auto-spawn AI have AA.
- Solved a bug to why Blufor might only have 5 soldiers nstead of 6 by spawn. 
- Require feedback if it is necessary to disable TI equipments on helicopters. (Whether if they make spotting enemies unnecessary on the MH-6M or hummingbird.)
- Attempted to solve Game-wide announcement on Repair. (Found by Ellman. Require Feedback.)

And tried to add some photos. Hope it helps.

Updated to V1.44

- Edited AI script to be simpler. (Would see them stand still at some point but, once it's cleaned up, they should move a lot better, compared to the current one.)
- Edited a bug where AH-6M gets the same options as utility helis.
- Checked that the Repair and Rearm  message is only local in a recent server test.
- Slightly improved the Clean-up script. (Hopefully.)
- Had a recent game with friends, using this current release. Other than the AH-6M extra options bug, the overall seems to be working fine, which is solved before release.

EDIT: Guess I didn't mention it, but actually in V1.43 I already added bleed tickets in the game, but I was still testing it and I forgot to take it before publishing the MELB release :P. As of now, hard-coded to 350 tickets where the game should last for 45 min to 1 hour depending on how competitive the sector struggle is.

Updated to V1.5!

- Added One more player per side 
- Ground-Based Support Available: 3 drivers per side! Vehicles use the same way as the helicopters, 1 armed and 2 unarmed for transport. (Added as requests from friends that want to join in the fun but didn't want to fly the helicopter.)
     - No spotting for transport vehicles though
     - Pilots can't drive and Drivers can't fly
     - RHS enabled too.
- Clean up of Stationary units should be faster now.
- Patrols now spawn for taken Sectors. (Require more indepth testing for sector change though.)
- Bases moved to accommodate vehicles
- Attempted to restrict pickup so that when you have more than 2 members in vehicle, you can't pick up any more reinforcements.
- GAZ's AGS_30 have been removed from the vehicle itself for a more equal balance, you shouldn't be able to use it, though the 3d model still exists.

Known Issue/Bug
- Vehicles under Repair still can move so... try not to abuse it until I solve it or just play the right way :P
- You still can request for more reinforcements if they have not board your vehicle.
(Please refrain from spamming the action to prevent server crash. Once each time please.)

PS: The addition of infantry units are nothing more than a small alternative support group that does almost the same thing as the helicopters. Due to the speed and mobility of the helicopters and the smaller number of vehicles available, the helicopters will still be the main fighting force in these. Also, AT have been included in AI to counter the vehicles accordingly. Good luck and Have Fun! :P

Updated to V1.51

Quick Fixes
- Repair and Rearm will force all players in vehicle to alight and the vehicle will be locked till repair complete.
- Clear the vehicles from items other than ammo.
- Gave all players binoculars, for people interested in some sort of actual spotting.
- Clean up some script algorithms.

Added a trailer.

PS: Hope it looks good enough. :P
Finally got the trailer somehow @.kju

Nice work mate! Looking great :slayer:

(Too bad on helos in WW2 setting)

• Haha 1

Updated to V1.52

- Re-arrange parameters

- Added parameter to select initial ticket count to allow rough gauge of match duration.

Updated to V1.53
- Solved ticket parameter bug where its not reflecting on screen.

Bug Solving Updates
- Still attempting to solve Ground Support bug (Player vs Player No Damage, but Friendly Fire On.)

- Please do tell me of your experience when you do test it.

Quick Update to V1.53a
- Quick solution to a script bug.

Updated to V1.53b

- Added Parameter to allow armed players and also Virtual Arsenal ammobox near Spawn area. (Off by Default)

PS: Requested by squadmates so :razz: