Opstad

Changes in holster weapon .

Hi there
I am a Active user of Arma3 and have been for years now, but there is one improvment that i am missing.

And that is the way we "Holster" the main weapon... to day as you might know we Holster it on the back like a hunting rifle...

so my tip is to Change the whole holster setup from the Back to the Cheast like the moast units in real life do... with the stock up and the pipe down.. like it was on a 2 point sling.

That is a big wish for the next Update.

Best reguards

sergeant major, Opstad of the:  Norwegian Task force, Norway

• Like 1

I wouldn't hold my breath in your place. That would probably introduce all kind of clipping issues and more trouble to iron out then it's worth. It would just look more tacticool, rather then impact gameplay in a meaningful way.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2017 at 2:40 AM, Opstad said:

Hi there
I am a Active user of Arma3 and have been for years now, but there is one improvment that i am missing.

And that is the way we "Holster" the main weapon... to day as you might know we Holster it on the back like a hunting rifle...

so my tip is to Change the whole holster setup from the Back to the Cheast like the moast units in real life do... with the stock up and the pipe down.. like it was on a 2 point sling.

That is a big wish for the next Update.

Best reguards

sergeant major, Opstad of the:  Norwegian Task force, Norway

Not all units carry sidearms to start, enlisted infantry (at least in the US, main ArmA faction) do not carry sidearms. Also its just a selection of the model, a mod already does that with its platecarriers.

Not an issue imho. 

@M. Glade I believe that you are mistaken and the original poster was talking about placement of the primary weapon when switching to sidearms, which is gameplay-relevant irrespective of faction because it affects the sidearm draw time and thus I'd call it a legitimate issue.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chortles said:

@M. Glade I believe that you are mistaken and the original poster was talking about placement of the primary weapon when switching to sidearms, which is gameplay-relevant irrespective of faction because it affects the sidearm draw time and thus I'd call it a legitimate issue.

I'm blind sorry lol..

• Like 1

There is a trick to this and its possible in vannila arma. Just goes to show that is technically possible.

Equip launcher, hold it and go prone. Launcher will be put on your back and your both hands will be free.

2 hours ago, en3x said:

There is a trick to this and its possible in vannila arma. Just goes to show that is technically possible.

Equip launcher, hold it and go prone. Launcher will be put on your back and your both hands will be free.

I think the OP's wish it to carry rifles 'holstered' in a *realistic, modern* fashion and not on your back. 

I agree with Janez that BI probably won't change it, clipping issues being the main reason. The long/big sniper rifles and machine guns cause problems with clipping. Probably same reason why soldiers don't show their rifle in cargo position (like they did in OFP).

Oh the sling "holster". Yeah It ran past my radar when I was reading. Is there a game out that does that? I can't recall.

Not to mention the out-of-place look it would give to ANY mod older then 2000's (90's, cold war, Nam, WW2 etc) so no, just don't...

22 hours ago, en3x said:

Side note, you don't need to go prone to do this trick. Just press "toggle raise weapon" or whatever it is called in A3.

E: With the launcher in your hands first, ofc!

oh "the more you know"!