Deckerdude15

Triggers activating without trigger owners present

Hey there everyone,

I have been trying to hack away at this issue I have, with no end in sight. Maybe one of you can help....

So I have a multiplayer mission set up. There are two teams (Alpha and Bravo). Both teams have to go to a table to be briefed before the mission. Alpha team leader is owner to 3 triggers, while Bravo team leader owns 3 separate triggers. The triggers display subtitles, specific for each team. The issue I keep having is Alpha teams subtitles show up when Bravo team leader goes near the trigger and vise versa. Both teams' subtitles show up for one unit.

I have the mission set up to where if you pick Bravo team, Alpha does not spawn, and the other way around. Is there a way to only spawn a trigger when a unit is present, like the "!alive obj" for condition of presence? I would love to get this fixed so I can finish this mission, and my friends can try it without being confused on which mission they are doing.

I know it may seem confusing.. This is my first time posting a question in here, and I'm not the best with explaining things. But if you happen to decipher my gibberish, please let me know if you know of a solution!!!

Thanks

Are your triggers synchronised to each team leader (Right click Trigger > Connect > Set Trigger Owner) correctly? You shouldn't even have this issue...

I'm assuming you're using BLUFOR PRESENT, or similar? If so the easiest approach would be one trigger that handles both possible outcomes for each team.

In the 'Activation' field of the trigger;

if (obj in thisList) then { <subtitles1> } else { <subtitles2> };

If you wanted to keep your 6 triggers, you can use Logical Operators in the triggers 'Condition' field by adding the following to all your triggers;

this && (obj in thisList)

With obj being the variable of the leader of Alpha or Bravo, depending on the trigger.

None of the above should be required, if the trigger is correctly synced to an owner.

I have the Alpha Triggers set to owner only and set the owner as the Alpha team leader. Same for bravo. But when I spawn as bravo, the game still displays Alpha almost 60% of the time. I have to cycle through the mission at least 3 times before it corrects itself and works properly for a mission or two, and then starts doing it again.