cgibson2

Cannot get ingame MP to work on Internet

Yes one problem solved and now on to another... 

Go to host a multiplayer game, change it from LAN to Internet, put my password in, change to 4 players, and check UnPn (or whatever it is) and then click "Host server" ... Nothing.. Game freezes to where you have to Clt Alt Del out of the game. There is not issue with a LAN game, but really want the Internet to work. I do not have port fowarding setup as never needed it before. Haven't been able to play an Internet MP game since.. yep, the 64bit update (same as other post).... I marked all Arma 3 files Allow on the firewall... Do I really need to setup up port fowarding for Arma and Steam?? Thank you !!!!

It's not a port problem, mb problem with files or something, try to start w/out mod's, check all file's in steam

Try setting up port forwarding as it allows other computers to connect with yours... 

On 11/2/2017 at 12:16 PM, Santas said:

It's not a port problem, mb problem with files or something, try to start w/out mod's, check all file's in steam

Have tried it with and without mods.. doesn't make a difference, just doesn't work anymore; not since the 64bit update.

On 11/2/2017 at 12:29 PM, veles-zv said:

Try setting up port forwarding as it allows other computers to connect with yours... 

Why would I have to do that now since I never had to before to play internet mp... game always did it. If I do it, I had read somewhere, steam probably, that I would have to port steam as well as arma 3... 

Okay, we upgraded to a few MSI laptops with i7 (i have no idea exact processor in it right now)... its an HQ though... we were able to connect over Internet finally... have had these about a 2 months now, not a problem until yesterday Feb 23 2018.... main one who has been host all this time (Kevin).... can only do a LAn game.. we have no idea what is wrong unless it has to do with Windows 10 trying to update to 1079 and keep failing to install... not sure if that is the problem... usually we get a windows update and I have to go back an update.. but update was never allowed or stopped for whatever reason... and now wants to try and update again but it was working fine (internet MP) before this... but for whatever reason it is only able to do LAN.. LAn works fine.. 2nd laptop (Alex) same house... he can host no problem though.. not sure.. he doesn;t have the update to 1079 either.. had to revert on his too.   

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As random as it started.. he was able to host again.. .not sure what happened... They both now have the updated game and what not... so thank you and sorry for the mystery. 

THANK YOU!