M. Glade

So, laws of war...

Please don't cry, I'm pretty sure it's very common and within humanitarian conventions for medical personnel to carry light weapons for self-defence.

2 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Please don't cry, I'm pretty sure it's very common and within humanitarian conventions for medical personnel to carry light weapons for self-defence.

Yeah, but the Red Crystal is a "protected symbol" and you are not permitted at anytime to fire upon a vehicle, person or building bearing the symbol, the medical staff manning said structures should be unarmed and non-combatant. I find it amusing that the driver of the medical HEMTT is not a medic, but an armed rifleman. 

3 minutes ago, das attorney said:

https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/customary-ihl/eng/docs/v1_rul_rule25

Combat medics do carry weapons, but not when they're riding in the ICRC mobile..

1 minute ago, das attorney said:

Your point being?

Maybe we should put a medic in the medical vehicle?

1 minute ago, das attorney said:

How does that link have anything to do with who drives the truck?

The rifleman who is armed is driving a sacred, protected symbol that you are not allowed to engage. The rifleman is a threat, and if he is driving it whilst armed the opposing forces will blow up the truck which is a violation of the geneva convention. 

So do driver setCaptive true.  Or replace him with a medical guy to suit the aesthetics of your mission.  No point getting your knickers in a twist.

Anyway, you're backtracking.  First you say:

the medical staff manning said structures should be unarmed and non-combatant.

Then when presented with evidence to the contrary, you start talking about the driver.

It's a non-issue imo.

2 minutes ago, das attorney said:

So do driver setCaptive true.  Or replace him with a medical guy to suit the aesthetics of your mission.  No point getting your knickers in a twist.

Anyway, you're backtracking.  First you say:

Then when presented with evidence to the contrary, you start talking about the driver.

It's a non-issue imo.

Never said medics are always unarmed. Never backtracked any of my statements. 

What I said, is that it would better fit the MEDEVAC categories of vehicles to manned by unarmed medical staff. Obviously this is a very small problem, not an issue like you said but something that can be changed simply and probably should. I mean we have a large DLC devoted to the "Laws of War" yet it is broken by NATO, the main "good guys".