ZexKillex

1-10 FPS at High-end laptop

Hi, everyone. 

As my title says, I'm having really hard time figuring out what's the cause of having at most 10 fps while playing on singleplayer or multiplayer.

Here are my specs.: The Laptop is Predator GX-792

Processor: i7-7820hk 2.9Ghz (With turboboost 4.1 Ghz)

Graphic card: GTX 1080

Ram: 32 Gigs DDR4

64 bits system, running on Windows 10. 

While in-game playing either singleplayer or multiplayer BUT in menu, the fps goes over 70+ while on Ultra settings. - Without V-sync.

Visibility:

*3800 Overall

*3200 Objects

*100 shadows

I've tried lowering all settings to standard and later on lowest with visibility 1000 overall at most. There was no difference in fps at all!

Please, help, anyone. xD

are you sure your using the nvida gpu and not the intel gpu?

That performance is exactly like a 630m....

You can find a lot of reviews for it, 3fps and lag...

19 minutes ago, kklownboy said:

are you sure your using the nvida gpu and not the intel gpu?

That performance is exactly like a 630m....

You can find a lot of reviews for it, 3fps and lag...

Yes, I am perfectly sure. Because the GTX 1080 is the only graphic card I have.  Graphic Cards in Control Panel - If you dont mind, it's in czech.

You can check on the laptop itself. I've got the 1080p version, not the 4k one. But really, the only difference is in native resolution.

Just checked on some others games like GTA V, Tiger Knight, Shadow of War and Hitman, all on maxed out settings and all smoothly on 65+ except hitman, on 58 in average.

Oh, and here is my Benchmark from userbenchmark.com. While Google chrome and some minor processes were running in background.

Nevermind, fixed it. Moved the whole game to a new steam library on my ssd disk. Helped a lot. Now I can run with Ultra settings with 9700 overall, 4000 objects, 200 shadows with 70 fps stable. SP/MP - Both the same.

15 hours ago, ZexKillex said:

Nevermind, fixed it. Moved the whole game to a new steam library on my ssd disk. Helped a lot. Now I can run with Ultra settings with 9700 overall, 4000 objects, 200 shadows with 70 fps stable. SP/MP - Both the same.

Thanks for letting us know of your solution. Maybe this will help others understand the significance of installing A3 & Windows on an SSD, rather than HDD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/10/2017 at 7:33 PM, ZexKillex said:

Visibility:

*3800 Overall

*3200 Objects

*100 shadows

:rofl:.... :rthumb: no miracle you get bad FPS ... your viewdistances way too high

use these settings as a reference:

A49941B22F76C9A9CEA66A13CA64194240EABA5E

5D295E45ED230D12574C5A0263558A5270F3A17E

with above settings I get on my 6700K with a GTX 980 TI arround 60 FPS stable in singleplayer/multiplayer