Hi, I just created this account (for now) to make some noise about this thing that i'm missing for so long.

We need simple vanilla flashlights.. at least I really wish there were some...

I remember the first time I started playing arma 3... at that time there was only one map to chose, wich was Stratis. I joined a server and it was night. It was pitchblack, except for that impressive lightbeam coming from the lighthouse. And the lights far away from some houses, I loved it.

Well meanwile I tend to play a lot on Altis Life servers, which are really fun on their own way. I really like the roleplaying part of it. On these servers you start of as a civilian, doing what a "civilian" does,... farm, farm and farm.

Anyways, after night falls, gameplay could be really interesting especialy because you can't see anything without light.

But... alas, we only have two options when it comes to take a walk in the dark.

Being armed with a gun equiped with a flashlight or wear nightvision goggles and there fades the ambiance...

I remember when I was a kid, I had that old military flashlight that had like 2 or 3 levers, you could either go with full light and be seen by the enemies from far away or you could pull a lever so most of the light would be cut off, only a small lightbeam would go through a slit covering only a small area in front of you. Then there were the other levers in which you could put a red or green filter. I really loved this flashlight. I remember doing some mors code with it. :)

I like to imagine a scenario where noone would have acces to nightvision and would rely merely on flashlights to be seen by the enemy if not carefull or see the enemy from far away.

Or one having to use his flashlight with a filter in order to check his map for navigation.

I'm sure this is feasable, consider this a wish to the devs team. Please make it happen!! :)

Hello, welcome to Bis forums!

Since this is dev branch and your asking for a flashlight of sorts for the game from the devs, in the meantime til they implement one somehow,

heres a few on Armaholic you can use:

Hope that helps, cheers. :)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hello, welcome to Bis forums!

Since this is dev branch and your asking for a flashlight of sorts for the game from the devs, in the meantime til they implement one somehow,

heres a few on Armaholic you can use:

Hope that helps, cheers. :)

Thank you very much, I apreciate :)

I'm aware that there are mods, but I'm not sure if i can use them on the servers I usually play on :/

Also I just found out that there is a mod that improves immersion called Ace 3. Just saw a video from Dslyecxi about enhanced nightvision on youtube where he mentioned it. I checked it out and it seems pretty interesting. I comes with handheld flashlights aswell :p although i wont be able to use it on the servers ^^

I guess I'll give it a shot.

• Like 1

Hmmm.... I guess you will find thousands of servers running with Ace :) 

It's one of the most used mods in Arma 3 :f:

Iirc ACE's handhelds are only for map reading, not illuminating your path.

For flashlights taking up the handgun slot : RDS civilians have those.

• Like 2