Sign in to follow this  
markooff

Exit3DEN scripting ?

Hello,

I'm looking  for some help (suggestions) in EDEN tunning.

My problem is that when I press the ESC button (or exit from menu)

the default input is focused on OK/Yes. By the "default input " I mean default action

- the situation when You (even accidentally) press Enter or even the space button .

This was, what used to happen to me and I want to change this behaviour,

by setting the default action (after pressing enter/space) to NO/Cancel
At the end thats the default behaviour of many good editors/IDEs I'm using

in my work (for instance JAVA/Netbeans IDE, Php/JScript IDEs and so on)

I know a bit about scripting (the sqf syntax/language), I use it in my missions,   but never have done any 3DEN modifications .

I've found (in documentation on 3DEN wiki) that there is an Action handler called Exit3DEN which is connected to the close eden dialog , but I have no idea how to script it (I haven't  found any attribute descriptions, or solutions how to use them) . I've also read the whole 3DEN Eventhandler documentation page, but I coudn't find any Eventhandler which was connected explicite with the ExitEden Dialog Invocation (or maybe I missed something ?)

So , I'm looking for a bit of help , maybe there is a person who know how to script this type of actions in 3DEN

Thank You from advance

4 any kind of help

markooff

A quick but dirty way of preventing the closing of Eden accidentally would be to remove the functionality of the ESC key completly while display 313 (Eden display) is opened entirely. Like so:

(findDisplay 313) displayAddEventHandler  
[
 "keyDown",
 {
  if (((_this select 1) == 1)) then
  {
   true
  }
 }
];