notproplayer3

Helicopter crash script on the same position each time ?

I am doing a mission where a helicopter crashes (by making him pass through a move waypoint and setting it's motor, rotor and windows damage to 1 so that it falls down and then make it indestructible so that it looks broken but hasn't exploded on impact) and when that heli crashes I am supposed to investigate the crash and have a zombie spawned next to it. I did use setpos ATL so that it teleported the zombie next to the heli when it hit the ground but this solution is not ideal because of the tanoan jungle (the helicopter will often times get stuck in the trees who count as ground and the zombie will also be stuck in the same tree). So I was wondering if it was possible to make a helicopter crash land in the same position every time, just like in the campaign in the last mission of the adapt chapter but maybe without all the smoke behind the helicopter.

thanks in advance.

Could you delete the helo upon crash and spawn a wreck object in an ideal spot?

• Like 1

If I haven't got another method of doing that, i'll definitively use that one but the heli crash is just so random so still not the ideal solution. Thanks a lot anyways

I don't think so, It must be helpful finding a flat place (with less trees probably) but if the helicopter is crash landing, it can't control where it's going. Thanks anyways at least I learned a new command

I agree with Mirek, you could use:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/findEmptyPosition

Just let the helicopter crash and then move it to the nearest suitable position. Unless someone has a clear sight on it after crashing, that should be barely noticable.

Personally I'd actually prefer having the position a bit random but if you really don't want that you could also use setVelocity similar commands to guide the helicopter to its designated crashsite.

Maybe something like this works for you:

http://rising.at/projekte/ArmA/crashHere.sqf

[yourhelicopter,"markername"] execVM "crashHere.sqf";

The idea is that this script will damage the helicopter and then adjust its velocity to move it over the target location. Once it gets within 5 meters of that, it should start going down in a spin.