I have recorded a unitplay on a car, the car is driven by an IA and the AI (variable name = pilot)  will drive the players around. I do know that engineOn only works "where the unit is local" (I'm still a little bit confused about what this means exactly). The engineOn command does work but the engine stops itself after a while, i have tried this:

if (local vehicle pilot) then {dummycar engineon true;};

to no avail.

How would you go about it?
On a side note: how would you go about to have  the car's wheels rolling when playing the unitplay (they are still at the moment). I have tested the above mentioned both  on my team's server and on my computer.

On the side note, I believe it is generally accepted that car wheels do not reliably move when using unitCapture/Play. I have had some limited success with this, but generally they don't move, which is a shame given how awesome unitPlay with Cars would be  :)

• Like 1

I have noticed that they do move while there's a player inside the vehicle but not when there's only an AI. Also they do not move when you are the server (hosting or in the editor) but move when you are not (MP).

Okay so apparently it was the pilot switching off the engine, if I order him to move to the end of the unitplay path it seems to work fine! (will have to do further testing)

9 hours ago, Hadrien Melville said:

I have noticed that they do move while there's a player inside the vehicle but not when there's only an AI. Also they do not move when you are the server (hosting or in the editor) but move when you are not (MP).

Yep, I found that too .. I hope they fix it one day..

They not fixed this until today 😞, but i try other issue to solve this one - try use command 

this disableAI "All" after engineon command or before, with this disableAI 'move ' normally ai not turning off engine itself. so maybe this help to prevent turnn off by MP.

or this one 

[this,true] remoteexeccall ["engineon",2];   for me this one works fine in MP. but i discover other issue with sound controllers on this object (not work globally sound controlled by this custom controllers)

funy thing of course for off you need to use 

[this,false] remoteexeccall ["engineon",2]