Sign in to follow this  
_SCAR

Title textures

All,

I've got a model (think of it as a simple plane) where my texture is repeated (tiled, seamless). Though, it is only repeated twice and if I scale the model, the texture is still only repeated twice which makes it become very low-res.

I'd like to set somewhere the "size" of the texture in the object so that it gets repeated more often... How can I do that?

My object is around 100m x 100m and my texture 2m x 2m (it's a 2048x2048) and therefore I'd like the texture to be repeated accordingly.

Thank you,

_SCAR.

• Like 1

I've just set the texture selecting all of my faces, hitting E and applying the texture & material in there to all the textures.

Can you please give me a pointer on how to start?

For anyone wondering. Instead of applying a texture directly onto the surfaces, apply a .rvmat file and define that texture as Stage0. Then, you can use uvTransform to set the scale of your texture.

13 hours ago, _SCAR said:

For anyone wondering. Instead of applying a texture directly onto the surfaces, apply a .rvmat file and define that texture as Stage0. Then, you can use uvTransform to set the scale of your texture.

oh wow, don't

Do you mind sharing why not and then how you'd suggest to do it?

not sure what you wanna achieve, but all Arma shaders with the exception of multimaterials, need the diffuse texture applied directly, and all the other stages are needed for other maps.

to solve it, scale its UVW space coordinates

IxEhGvK.png

Select your UVs in the screen. Then enter the scale factor you want in the U (horizontal) and V (vertical) axis boxes in the "Parameters" section in the middle before hitting "OK" (or "Apply" if you intend on doing more transform operations before closing the window)

I'd recommend setting the "Center" in the lower left to "Other..." and choosing [0,0] as the origin of the transform operation there. This will tile directly from the top-left corner of the UV space.