strider42

Stop Steam Workshop - Auto-update

I'm looking to stop the Workshop content auto-update.

The particular issue:

A friend comes round an uses a spare PC I have (used for my dev work).  At home she* uses Steam Workshop content on her setup where as I like to do everything with downloads in an attempt to keep away from the Steam auto-update system (Who wants to be stopped joining a game because the Workshop content has been updated but the server still has the old version - and hey! I'm a hacking-fu black belt** ).

She uses her account while she plays here.  The problem is when she tries to start ArmA it wants to download all her Workshop content she uses on her own PC.

Up until now we have been dealing with by nu-subscribing her from her content but that leaves her having to re-download it when she gets home!

I'm sure there is some sort of thing you can do by setting the update system to only run at a time when you do not have the computer on.  Not actually tried this yet but hoping someone will know if it works or if there is a better solution.  S

* If only  : (

** Really, if only  : P

2 hours ago, strider42 said:

I'm sure there is some sort of thing you can do by setting the update system to only run at a time when you do not have the computer on.  Not actually tried this yet but hoping someone will know if it works or if there is a better solution.  S

Nope. To my knowledge there is no such function implemented in steam right now. The problem is well known to people who use multiple computers - and still valve doesn't seem to consider a local only subscription to be an option.