SgtTibet

FPS Drops in Some Servers

I just bought the game and at first I thought my system doesn't allow me to play with a good fps but then I realized in some servers I can play smooth with high graphics and in some I can't get above 20 with low? Why? 

• Like 1

Arma 3 server is an intensive program. If a server has a lot of AI, players, errors or is badly optimized, then it will negatively effect client (player) fps.

• Like 1

The same thing happens to me in the servers, low fps, especially in king of the hill, but the PC is not being demanded in CPU or GPU, must see a bottleneck in the same network code. I support a change in the network system separate from the overall performance (asynchronous), if applicable.

Here are my system specifications:

CPU: i7-3770k

MB: P8B75-V

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

installed on SSD

FP: CX650M

Monitor: 1080p

Due to latency cause by networks, MP performance will almost always be lower than SP.

What is far more difficult to determine is by how far much, e.g 10% less? 30% less? etc.

The difficulty is due to the number of variables, e.g. how fast is the server? how fast is the connection between server and client? how taxing is the mission? how many clients are connected? etc.

But basically any mission with 30+ players will significantly degrade performance and 60+ missions are only playble on well-optimised servers and efficiently-designed missions.

These rules apply to most games, especially comparable games (multiplayer simulators), e.g. BF1, Squad, DCS, etc.

Well,  I try to find servers with good fps. However,  nothing changes in city. I can't get +30. Sometimes I can't even shoot the enemies in front of me because of the sudden fps drops in city. 

On 10/2/2017 at 10:24 PM, SgtTibet said:

Well,  I try to find servers with good fps. However,  nothing changes in city. I can't get +30. Sometimes I can't even shoot the enemies in front of me because of the sudden fps drops in city. 

What are the specs for your PC?

doesn't matter your specs,

in many situations you'll have a poorly configured server. This is entirely the administrator of the server's fault and you should bring that up with them.

Secondly, a poorly coded mission like KOTH , Altis Life, sometimes Invade and Annex. Etc, very big piece of the pie here.

Server hardware is also an important one, if you're on a server in which is being ran off of a laptop then you have a problem.

There is a terrible mis conception with new arma players, that arma in general is very low performing.

but I guarantee you, that if you reach outside the insanely populated servers you'll find well performing servers

5 hours ago, SgtTibet said:

So is there any servers you prefer? 

Official servers are okay, some of the invade and annex servers are great.

Almost 80 FPS on everything maxed out with like ~50 players.

(Tanoa)