AV8R_Six

Client Ping and Lag Advantage?

I have been playing ARGO just a short time, but I've heard several teammates complain about one person or another with high ping and how they seem to have a jump on us because of connection vs skill.  Is this true or possible??

If it is a possible side-effect in the game, how would limiting Max-Ping to 250 or 200 for most servers to keep players on an even lag-advantage?

AV8R

Bravo Zero One Support Team

Virtual Test Pilot/Military Advisor

• Like 2

Hi @AV8R_Six,
I'm pretty sure it can gives advantages, because there is "lag switches" to cheat.

I've also noticed when there is many laggy players (200+ ping) on a server,
the server has tendency to lag for everyone and more bugs occurs usually.

About restraining higher ping... I don't think they would do this in near futur,
due to the small player base (again).
Not enough players use the Browser Server tab to find a server... so they end up on an another continent.
* My filter is set to 120 max ping and I usually play below 40 ;).

• Like 1

It makes sense...that's probably why competitive server arena matches are on a LAN in the same room.

ARGO SERVER ADMINS could regulate ping and it would just force people to play on a server close to them thus removing the international appeal.

When we host an ArmA 3 server, we set high-ping=250 for Wasteland and =300 for CO-OP games.

• Like 1

maybe just get rid off the auto game finder and make people use the server browser that way they can find games to suit there pings in there own country ?