Sign in to follow this  
LastNerve

Script for people not dying?

Hello guys recently my TDM missions have a issue. Everything starts off well but sometime during the match everyone becomes invincible and you can shoot someone a hundred times and they wont die then someone will finally kill someone and it will go back to normal and then seconds to minutes later we run into the problem again. Im not sure what is causing this or how to solve it. anyone ran into this issue before?

my guess is the script isnt being read fast enough or all the bullets and stuff are going faster than the engine.
i can load the maps up with AI and never run into the problem but if i get a server with 10 or so people we run into it. its not constant sometimes you can play 90% of the game with no errors and sometimes it feel like every 3 mins. its erratic and spontaneous and randomly will stop and start happening.

4 hours ago, LastNerve said:

my guess

Unless you post what's going on in your mission your guess is as good as anyones.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Unless you post what's going on in your mission your guess is as good as anyones.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheers

i would have to upload it. I Dont know where the problem is or how to even replicate it I have tried and tried and its just a random phase that happens ill upload one mission though!

https://ufile.io/pcnu1

thanks

do a search through all files for teh following commands/text segements:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowDamage

and

addEventHandler ["handleDamage"

this is very likely to at least give you the location of where people are set invincible. then you'll have some code people can actually work with.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bad benson said:

do a search through all files for teh following commands/text segements:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowDamage

and

addEventHandler ["handleDamage"

this is very likely to at least give you the location of where people are set invincible. then you'll have some code people can actually work with.

its not a safe zone type deal like we'll be playing then who knows when it will happen but lets says after 10 mins everyone in the server is invincible but then it will switch back to normal and everyone will die again then a little later to a few seconds it will happen again and its just random act that happens. I dont know if my script it to complicated or what. At first I thought score might be to high so i tried lowering it thinking that would reduce the risk of it happening but it will happen anyway each time it happens differently sometimes you can play the entire map and be fine but more so than not we get this little bug 

i was talking about the location inside the script files.:f: you can't post a link of an entire mission and expect some stranger to look through it for you.

find the code in question and post it here using the code formatting like everyone else does so we can discuss it openly. this way others with similar issues in the future will have resources to work with. that's what makes these forums so useful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad benson said:

i was talking about the location inside the script files.:f: you can't post a link of an entire mission and expect some stranger to look through it for you.

find the code in question and post it here using the code formatting like everyone else does so we can discuss it openly. this way others with similar issues in the future will have resources to work with. that's what makes these forums so useful.

yea i agree I have came here a lot learning to script and im no expert but many people have helped me in little to a lot amounts. And I have been trying to figure out what exactly can cause this. And i woulda posted a snippit of the code but Im not sure what code needs looking at. because if you start the mission everything will work then time will tell when people become invincible during play. sometimes it takes a couple minutes some times it happens in 20/30mins. So thats why im stuck there is not consistence with this bug its randomized! As for the safe zone and stuff I do not have them scripted in I just have a rectangle on the map proporinate to the size it needs to be for different maps respawn points and have play damage =0 then when they come out a hint pops up saying spawn protection off and player damage is set to 1. I have also removed the safe zone and still ran into the problem.

Im assumming the game cant read the script and whats happening fast enough. maps are pretty small to keep action intense but not like cod small. Im assumming so many bullets, grenades, and whatever else is happening is to fast that the game cant keep up or my script takes to long to complete. But at the same time I'm not a great scripter by any accord I did what I could / learned. Im sure it could be wrote better and way smaller. Im just not skilled enough to do that lol

yea that's why i gave you key words you can use in any text editor to quickly find the places the damage is disabled and post them here. you see what i mean now? you can use more advancedf text editors like notepad++ to search through all the files at the same time.

9 minutes ago, bad benson said:

yea that's why i gave you key words you can use in any text editor to quickly find the places the damage is disabled and post them here. you see what i mean now? you can use more advancedf text editors like notepad++ to search through all the files at the same time.

I gotcha! will do

thanks

20 hours ago, LastNerve said:

...my TDM missions...

The .pbo you provided is an edited version of Murcielago_ESP's Death Match 4. Link goes to release topic. Perhaps you should start asking there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Harzach said:

The .pbo you provided is an edited version of Murcielago_ESP's Death Match 4. Link goes to release topic. Perhaps you should start asking there.

I suspected as much.

Someone who's making MP missions usually doesn't come to conlusions like in the first post:

my guess is the script isnt being read fast enough or all the bullets and stuff are going faster than the engine.

Cheers

10 hours ago, b00tsy said:

So I opened this topic and got a warning  from my G-Data anti-virus:

Virus gevonden bij het inladen van internet-content.

Adres: http://i.cubeupload.com/712lAO.png

False positive. Benson may be Bad, but he's not phishing. 

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

@bad benson posted a wiki link, you're referring to the OP I suppose.

Cheers

The AV hit was BB's Paypal link button.

• Like 1

I used some scripts that he provided but I had changed and added a lot more things. Only knife kill, and HUD for score board is from him. But everything else was edited on by me. Problem is these used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden im getting this. I was thinking maybe BI make a changed a function. Not sure! 

PS. I also have many threads on here asking for help. I have learned a lot and have troubleshooted a ton of issues I either caused or needed to figure out how to do on my own. Im not a expert script writer or know all the bell and whistles by any means, I have many hours on editor and on these forums reading and looking through missions scripts to figure things out or how they got this or that to work!

Also sorry for the AV hit. I just googled a free upload page and uploaded it there I didnt think any phishing would have happened from it. Sorry about that. I wasnt trying to pull any hat tricks on anyone by anymeans!

Thanks again!

8 hours ago, Harzach said:

The AV hit was BB's Paypal link button.

what? that is very strange. let me go check that asap. i doubt there's something wrong with it though. just a simple regular paypal link. might aswell remove it though if there's an issue. noone ever donating anything anyways :don9:

19 minutes ago, bad benson said:

what? that is very strange. let me go check that asap. i doubt there's something wrong with it though. just a simple regular paypal link. might aswell remove it though if there's an issue. noone ever donating anything anyways :don9:

Yeah, false positive. OP's AV just didn't like the button image's URL.

21 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Yeah, false positive. OP's AV just didn't like the button image's URL.

ah the image. might aswell fix that then though. can't remember where it's uploaded tbh. thx for the info.