wika_woo

Editor Tips

.... That if you press CTR + O in the map selection screen you get the famous 2D editor :)

Thought i'd put that here...

• Like 3

... that explosives can kill bees. 

Please think of the insects before pulling the pin.

• Like 6

...  that you can sneak up on enemies that didn't spot you, as long as you use the slow walk keybind.

This works even better if you go prone. You could sneak up to within 3-5m of a hostile unit.

Oh man I hoped this would turn into a fun thread about lesser-known facts of Arma.

... that AI units can easily spot you in the dark if you walk under a streetlight.

or

... that your dead teammates can still be useful by shielding you from bullets and explosions.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

Oh man I hoped this would turn into a fun thread about lesser-known facts of Arma.

... that AI units can easily spot you in the dark if you walk under a streetlight.

or

... that your dead teammates can still be useful by shielding you from bullets and explosions.

AND you can rest your weapon on them to stabilise it.

• Like 5

This rock formation, in the middle of the Pyrgos Gulf (halfway between Makronisi Island and Faronaki village) , has a notch in it that nearly has the sun shining through it at sunrise.

cf58dee1f0.jpg

Seen here with in Splendid Camera with Aperture turned up.

b4297d92bb.jpg

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

This rock formation, in the middle of the Pyrgos Gulf (halfway between Makronisi Island and Faronaki village) , has a notch in it that nearly has the sun shining through it at sunrise.

Wow, that I didn't know! Even though I thought I already knew every nook and cranny of Altis.

It doesn't seem to be unintentional either, because it lines up pretty perfectly on summer solstice morning when the sun rises closes to north.

And if you draw a line through it to the mainland, you'll find..... nothing! Maybe there's another rock for the sunset and there's a buried treasure where the lines intersect...

Did you know that on Tanoa there's small rock formations shaped like letters with a small arrow. When follow them they spell the word Trpaslik, which is a nickname for one of the developers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenfist said:

Wow, that I didn't know! Even though I thought I already knew every nook and cranny of Altis.

It doesn't seem to be unintentional either, because it lines up pretty perfectly on summer solstice morning when the sun rises closes to north.

And if you draw a line through it to the mainland, you'll find..... nothing! Maybe there's another rock for the sunset and there's a buried treasure where the lines intersect...

If I'm honest, I discovered this some time ago. It does line up better on the summer solstice, but there's nowhere on land where you can stand and actually see the sun through that notch. I haven't tried sunset.

Planning a night mission? Arma 3's Eden Editor has a chart which details the moon's phases for easy reference!

• Like 4

On 23/09/2017 at 7:45 PM, Tankbuster said:

b4297d92bb.jpg

Nice try, i found this in island stratis just south.. Using 2D editor

VO6l50q.jpg

Most base areas in Arma look derelict and abandoned with grass and weeds growing all over the place.

Did you know you can freshen up your base areas by adding Grass Cutter objects (under /Props/Signs/Helpers) to remove this grass?

• Like 1