FireWalker

Question about aircraft manual trim

Is manual trim enabled or availabe for airplanes like the helicopters have? I always have some drifting and it makes precision flying harder.

Unfortunately I have older stick and pedals, so I don't have a lot of buttons, so if Im toggling through the action menu or fumbling around on the keyboard, its easy for me to lose my heading and horizon.

Just wondering about flight trim availability.

Thanks,

Fire 

If you encountert drifting input it due to your input device having lost the center. Trim is automatic and wind is not modeled in the simple only aircraft FM.

• Like 1

No, sadly there is no trim.

And no, drift is not always caused by faulty input devices.

With the jets update, slightly damaged wings can also cause the plane to drift. Even if it doesn't show up on the damage display.

• Like 1

I'm  a very active RC aerobatics pilot and would much prefer to be able to bump in some trim if needed. Only real reason I guess, is if I start playing and hop in a plane it would be quick and easy without having to escape out and tweak the deadzone.  But, its ok. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Fire

Hmmm,

I wonder if they allow negative values? I guess they wouldn't be much good without being able to go the oppposite direction. (especially when messing with torque values)

Also wondering if I could create a pitching deck on the carriers. Probably the same affliction of not being able to move forward will also kill the pitching deck idea.