Sign in to follow this  
rem505

Target Range suggestions

Any recommendations for a good target range for practice targeting from a heli or fixed wing?  Ideally it would have all weapons available plus vehicles.  Stationary or moving targets, vehicles and knock down style targets with either placeable or varying distances.

Rem505,

I have been on some mil ranges that had stationary hulls of (wrecked/shot up) vehicles that were used as targets.  We used these ranges for anything from heavy mounted weapons on a vehicle (or dismounted), mortars, call for fires for certain things...

Point being, with a wrecked vehicle, it is an accet in the game and can be placed in.  Since not a useable vehicle, it doesn't have a "condition" that has to be reset between uses.  With pop-up or moving targets, the same "material" of the target can be usefull for using a wrecked vehicle hull and by not having to reset the target.  I would suggest using the earth berm/ramparts? to wall up in front of and protect the tracts and target systems from damage (assuming that damage may make the system not work anymore).

I hope this gets some ideas going for ya.

For a remote target activation system to activate the target, not too sure about how to create that on the game.

Let us know how your idea pans out for ya.