beno_83au

[Release] Airburst HE

5 posts in this topic

Download:

MIL_airburst - Dropbox / Armaholic

Description:

I created this for VBS3 and converted it across (and fancied it up) for ArmA 3. It allows required ammunition types to be detonated for use as an airburst round. This was converted primarily for the ADF Uncut Carl Gustav 84mm HE round, however it could conceivably be used for any explosive round (also tested on vanilla RPG-42 HE and HEAT rounds).

Features:

- GUI for quick input of range.
    - Engagement distances:
        - Range setting under 40m will have no affect (i.e. impact detonation).
        - Range setting between 40m and 70m will have a chance to fail to detonate.
    - Can be applied to only selected players (e.g. units who would be trained in the application of HE rounds for airburst).
    - Can account for numerous ammunition types (customisable).
    - Range setting will be "remembered" until a round is fired (pre-set a range into the next round).
    - More of a sacrifice on realism in favour of gameplay:
        - Range can be re-adjusted, including closer, without "breaking" the fuse.
        - AT gunner is the one making fuse adjustments.
        - Can potentially be used on any explosive round not featuring an adjustable fuse in reality (e.g. HEAT rounds).

To use:

- Copy the folder MIL_airburst to your mission folder.

- Add these lines to your description.ext

#include "MIL_airburst\defines.hpp"    //(basic level of GUI defines, nothing flash)
#include "MIL_airburst\fuseSetting_dialog.hpp"

- Run this command on the host (e.g. initServer.sqf for MP, or init.sqf for SP) before the mission starts:

nul = [_units,_ammo] execVM "MIL_airburst\initAirburst.sqf";

_units - array - units to be allowed to set ranges.
        _ammo - array - magazines to be allowed to have their range set.

Example:

nul = [[player1,player2],["ADFU_m3CG_HE"]] execVM "MIL_airburst\initAirburst.sqf";

Demo (1:06):

If anyone finds any problems please let me know.

Thank you.

Change log:

Spoiler

v1.1:

Added - Can now close dialog with enter keys. Pressing enter will perform the same as clicking confirm.

Changed - Reduced the chance for a fuse failure when set between 40m - 70m.

Changed - Fuse setting hint now displays "Impact" if set to 0m.

Changed - Dialog now opens with text field focused (no need to click inside text field to start typing).

v1 - Release.

5 people like this

Had a few thoughts on some changes while at work today (plus I remembered one change I wanted to include to begin with), so I've updated the script, plus the OP, to reflect the changes.

v1.1:

Added - Can now close dialog with enter keys. Pressing enter will perform the same as clicking confirm.

Changed - Reduced the chance for a fuse failure when set between 40m - 70m.

Changed - Fuse setting hint now displays "Impact" if set to 0m, instead of "0m".

Changed - Dialog now opens with text field focused (no need to click inside text field to start typing).

2 people like this