Ex3B

Is there any way to make destroyable bridges?

I guess its not possible to get rid of vanilla bridges:

So I tried to make a bridge out of editor objects from the island with the military base and Tuvanaku to the main island of Tanoa, using airport platforms or whatever they were called... along the same lines as this:

The problem is, those objects seem to be indestructible as well...

I'd really like to be able to make a bridge that can allow ground vehicles (which cannot be air lifted due to mass, such as MBTs) to cross from one island to another, but could be destroyed by a well placed LGB, causing said vehicles to be trapped on whatever side of the bridge they happen to be on.

Are there any suitable destroyable editor objects?

You can get rid of them. Look up the command hideobjectglobal.

I direct you to this post:

The object is gone, but the road surface that can support vehicles is not.

*edit* hmmm, doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I just changed it from:

{ _x hideObjectGlobal true } foreach (nearestTerrainObjects [this,[],5])

to:

{ _x hideObjectGlobal true } foreach (nearestObjects [this,[],5])

and the bridge is gone and vehicles can't drive over.

Still the rest of my post stands:

*end edit*

It also doesn't answer any question about making bridges that are destroyed in response to attacks by weapons. Hiding sections of a bridge (if it worked) wouldn't be much different from deleting editor objects used to make bridges like in the posted video.

Neither of those allow for destroying bridges with normal attacks. I suppose the best that could be done using that method would be to place objects on the bridge, that if destroyed, trigger deleting/hiding of bridge segments.

Its particularly annoying because they had destroyable bridges in OFP: Resistance, the expansion to the very first game in this series

Yes, as you've found the roadway LOD does go with the object, so they can't be driven over. So, that's a start.

As you already say, now you need to be adding an object that can sense the damage in place of the roadway objects. In the past, the empty helipad was good for this, but that seems to no longer be the case. But you get the idea.  Find an object that can hold the handledamage or explosion eventhandler.