COMBAT REALISM SCRIPTS

DESCRIPTION:

Combat Realism Scripts is a totally addon-free set of light weight scripts for Arma 3 which enhance the gameplay in your mission.  Features are SP, MP, and Dedicated compatible.  Script will deactivate itself if it detects ACE running.

VIDEO:

SCREENSHOTS:

N/A

FEATURES: Features listed in italic font are not yet developed

• Backblast - Knocks down & severely injures those in your backblast radius
  • Cookoff
  • Deafness
  • Disposable Launchers - Single-use disposable launchers
  • Flashbang - RGN Grenade acts as a flashbang; also blinds AI
  • Flashlight - Simply plays a sound when you toggle your flashlight/laser
  • Fragmentation Grenade - RGO Grenades spew shrapnel upon detonation
  • Hand Flares
  • Holster Weapon - You can holster your sidearm/sling rifle on your back
  • Interact
  • Medical System
  • STFU CARL - Mutes your character's voice
  • Shoulder Tap
  • Surrender - You can surrender.  You are released when a friendly is <3m away
  • Tactical Hand Gestures - Perform tactical hand gestures
  • Tactical Point - Player points at what he's Tactical Pinging
  • Tear Gas
  • Weapons Animations - Appropriate animations when mounting/dismounting attachments
  • Weapon Jamming - Rare chance for weapon to jam while firing
  • Weapon Safety - Switch weapon to safe, to help prevent negligent discharges
  • Wire Cutters

More features may get added to the list.  All features can be easily configured / disabled by the mission designer.

TO DO LIST:

• Improve/rewrite current features (They're mostly proof of concept and need to be expanded upon)
  • Add the features listed in italic font

KNOWN BUGS:

• Post-process effects do not reset after being backblasted
  • Weapon attachment animations play when moving attachment into/out of container

CREDITS:

• Phronk: Script Creator
  • Bohemia Interactive: Sounds, models, textures, animations

TESTERS:

• Chaser (ATCAG)
  • KingCarter (ATCAG)
  • Phoenix (ATCAG)
  • PRYMSUSPEC

(22.NOV.2017)

Version: 0.1

Size: 22 KB

DOWNLOAD LINK - (Google Drive)

DOWNLOAD LINK - (Steam Workshop - Unavailable)

DOWNLOAD LINK - (Armaholic)

CHANGE-LOG:

(22.NOV.2017) - v0.1

• Initial release

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Hi Folks,

Sounds promising and ambitious - best of luck with it...

Regards,
Scott

The name of this script made me laugh

STFU CARL

They all look good!

awesomeeee !
its more or less what i'm trying to achieve!
any possibility to merge our work ?
 my work here :

• Like 2

This is excellent. I also love its addon-free and script based.

Keep it up. I am willing to test if need be. FlashBang is something we are definitely missing.

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words.

It's definitely an ambitious project and I guess I'm reinventing the wheel, but it's a project I want to take on because it's fun/educational coding stuff like this without the use of mods; some of the scripts support both default Arma 3 content and modded content.  Today I pretty much finished the flashbang (SP, MP, and Dedi compatible) script, which blinds both AI and players within 18m of flashbang and in line of sight.  It still needs tweaking, but the functionality is there.

• Like 4

@phronk hey good stuff, is the pointing animation already ingame ? What is the name for it ? I have never seen it in the animations viewer before.

It's a gesture, there's actually quite a few in the game that aren't even used.  You can view them all in the config viewer under the CfgGestures category.

The classname for the pointing gesture is "HandSignalPoint"

23 hours ago, phronk said:

It's a gesture, there's actually quite a few in the game that aren't even used.  You can view them all in the config viewer under the CfgGestures category.

The classname for the pointing gesture is "HandSignalPoint"

hey one more question, how do you actually animate this ? Is it playmove or switchmove or there is another command ?

• Like 1

Please make this script seperated into smaller ones. I mean one script for each intented function. That way we will be able to implement the functions we need only :rthumb:

And can there be a drag script too? A simple mp script that will alow you to drag injured or dead units without implementing other revive functions that are not wanted. I do not believe one such script exists. In order to be able to drag you need to implement whole revive scripts.

Thanks

P.S. A helicopter winch script would be epic along with a scripted fix for the non movable helicopter searchlight but I do not think you got any such plans, right?

1. I'll most likely add a CFG script file which the mission designer can use to easily tweak the CRS features and even toggle them on/off.
  2. The incapacitation/revive system I'm working on will include player dragging, but will not include dragging of dead bodies.
  3. That's an interesting idea with the searchlight.  It's not on my list of priorities, but maybe I'll put it on the list when other stuff is done.

Here's a video of my flashbang script in action with AI.  I know the fuse for the flashbang is too long, but oh well.  Maybe I'll write a workaround some other time, but I'm happy enough with it.  I'd like to fix the minor bug where AI continue to animate, even if they're killed mid-animation.  It's pretty shitty but here ya go:

• Like 4

Don't be so hard on yourself....it looks f*****g awesome. ^^

• Like 2

Cool shit Phronk 

One thing for that flashbang script that would be even more legit is to decrease the blast timer from 4-5 seconds to 1-3.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dystopian said:

Cool shit Phronk 

One thing for that flashbang script that would be even more legit is to decrease the blast timer from 4-5 seconds to 1-3.  

Excellent feed back.

I'd also add the 3 banger and 9 banger versions and decrease the max effectiveness from 18m to 7-10m in an open area. This can be increased when in a closed area and/or if it is dark.

The flashbang is pretty unimpressive in broad daylight and when outside in the open. They really shine when inside any structure and when not in direct daylight.

Great work by the way.

Thanks

I haven't figured out a way to reduce the amount of time the flashbang's fuse goes off, but I have a couple ideas which might work.  I like the idea of making the flashbang less effective outdoors, I'll put that on my to-do-list.  Something else I wanna add is flash of white light at the position of the flashbang when it goes off.

More features are in the works.  Thinking about it more, helicopterenthusiast, it would be nice to have a script to drag incapacitated players which worked with the default Arma 3 revive system.  If it's doable, I'll look into it.

• Like 2

the drag is already in my scripts pack.
let me know if you're interested!

well every item of my pack is made by a different authro, i just optimized them to merge togheter and get better performance possible!
so it can be considered "stand alone" , just need to use only it and not the rest.

• Like 1

The file size of all these scripts combined will honestly be smaller than my Addon-Free Arma Radio script, probably.  Also, if you truly wanna save that extra 8 kb by deleting the shit you don't want, it won't be hard since they're in their own functions and have comments that let you know what they do.

As a side note, I'm not much of a collaborator.  I like working on my own projects alone because I learn more that way and it's more fun for me.  Help is alright when it's necessary, but otherwise I try to figure things out on my own for the most part.  Thank you for the offer though.

• Like 4

Great work Phronk.  Here's another idea to further spice up AI affected by flashbang:  Panic firing.  Could be a low percentage chance of them spraying in a random direction when blinded.  Just an idea...its already great as it is.

I remember doing alot of panic firing myself back in my counter strike days...  :)

• Like 5

You know, something that keeps bugging me is vehicle crashes.

I keep thinking that when you crash a vehicle (land, air, or sea) that you should feel some sort of concussion from it. I know you can get injured depending on the severity, but I keep thinking there should be some kind of feeling like a stun grenade. -just graded on the severity of the crash. Like if you run your truck into a wall, you shouldn't be able to just hop out and pin down the enemy with accurate weapons fire, you know?  Maybe a little flashing light, or red (like you get from negative g's) and a little ringing in the ears maybe, make it feel like you're trying to walk through mud when you move...  Sort of like when you get shot when using ACE.

I don't know, I'm rambling. But I thought if you were nailing down the flash bang effects, that maybe they could be applied towards accidents also.

Fire

• Like 4