ruPal

Particles disappear problem on DEV branch

I found that problem for a while on stable and dev branches. More than half a year, probably. Some particles disappear in seconds after been spawned. That is a huge problem for modding and visual appearence. But today I found that diagnostic exe on DEV branch is free from that problem! I just want to ask game developers to fix that problem in standart exe files on DEV and STABLE branches. Thank you.

Check it out, look at dirt tentacles on

arma3_x64.exe:

and arma 3diag_x64.exe

• Like 6

This is serious thing though but you have similar post:

Anyway, this must be fixed but it is not fixed yet. WTF is wrong with you BI?

EDIT:

Ah nevermind. This is a dumb post since I was blind...

Well spotted ruPal. This gives me hope that BI will be able to fix this bug. Perhaps there is a small config difference between the main and diagnostic versions of the 64bit exe that is causing particle lifetime to be reduced on the main exe version?

For the mod Armageddon I am really handicaped by this particle rendering issue.
Even if there are improvments with 32bits and diag_x64 executables, the particle system
is not completely fixed.
One bug for which there is no improvment when switching from the regular exe to the diag_64 one is the disappearance of large 2D particles when the camera come close to the Billboards.
I am working on a pyroclastic flow and you see clearly this issue in the following videos:
regular (64 bits exe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN3lvudCvoU&feature=youtu.be
diag_x64.exe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_RI-5NlM4M&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2